Cold wallets for insulin

evarm's profile photo   04/26/2021 6:55 p.m.

Hello, has anyone used or uses cold portfolios to keep insulin well?They have told me very well about them ... Do you know if there are alternatives at lower price?
Thank you!

evarm's profile photo
evarm
04/26/2021 6:55 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 durante 20 años, Apidra antes de comidas,Toujeo por la noche.Hipotiroidismo y coleresterol alto controlado.Freestyle2 desde octubre2020

I have had but I have used them on some trip, to conserve in cold insulin that is not in use ... once I start them, I leave them out of the fridge

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/26/2021 8:42 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Hello!

I have also used them, especially as Morganeta says to get the feathers that are not in travel use but I also use them in summer if I'm going to be out all day.A lot of hot in that season ago.

Unfortunately I don't know a "low -ost" version.In his day I looked even in Aliexpress and it turns out that what they have are cases to put the blue liquid and come out more expensive than in Amazon adding the shipping costs.

If you really need it, I encourage you to buy it.I have a couple of years and keep working for me.

All the best!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
04/27/2021 6:27 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Hello.I can tell you the same thing that they have already told you: I find it very useful when I travel with feathers without starting or the days that makes it very hot and I have to carry a ball already open.I have two, and I have always bought them in Amazon at the usual price, I don't know any place where they sell them cheaper.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/28/2021 10:12 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

It is a good product.Cool insulin by evaporation (which botijo).I have used it for about 30 years.At first they were better because they brought more grains.Now you have to renew them periodically.
I also use this chirimbolillo that has the virtue of being manageable and occupying little space:
Link

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
05/02/2021 7:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also use them.I was looking for a way to maintain fresh insulin when they go from camping, without electricity.And it seems to me that it works great.
In summer in my house the temperature rises a lot and I always have the insulin in the bag.
The first one I bought is three years old and continues to work, so, although it is expensive, I think it is worth it.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
05/03/2021 9:43 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Thank you very much.

evarm's profile photo
evarm
05/03/2021 4:13 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 durante 20 años, Apidra antes de comidas,Toujeo por la noche.Hipotiroidismo y coleresterol alto controlado.Freestyle2 desde octubre2020

Thank you

Maria José Solano Maria's profile photo
Maria José Solano Maria
05/09/2021 4:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.