Diabetes Lada y Vaccuna Covid-19

Rapper's profile photo   05/02/2021 1:52 p.m.

Hello,

First of all, I make a brief presentation on me: I am 28 years old, I was diagnosed in May 2018 with a diagnosis of Lada diabetes, I spent a year with metformin and, since May 2019, I am with Lantus and Apidra.Since then, I am with 8 units of slow and with that I have enough for almost all day (following a low diet in HC (about 6-7 rations per day)) although reinforcement with Apidra the dinner (depending on the same or the exerciseof the day, etc.) and some high meals in HC.
At the moment, my pancreas continues to produce some insulin, which entails enough less punctures a day, so there is something that due to ignorance that worries me: that the reaction of the immune system to the vaccine of the COVID-19 can produce the destruction of theother beta cells of the pancreas.I know that they will eventually be destroyed, but I would like to extend it as much time as possible: neutral :.
My fear is sure to be irrational since it is produced by my medical ignorance, but someone with Diabetes Lada has vaccinated?If so, have you noticed any change?
Obviously, when my turn arrives, both for my health and that of others, I will get vaccinated, but I cannot take this fear from my head.
Thank you!:)

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
05/02/2021 1:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @rapper, I can't answer your question because I have been with this rookie from February since February.I just wanted to take advantage of you.My endocrine says that it is surely lada but it is not yet confirmed.Do you say that you were a year with metformin, can you tell me how much c peptide you had when it was diagnosed?I have been taking metformin for two months and it has controlled me very well, as I think it happened to you.The case is that I have taken my pills, I am with nothing, he says that in my case does nothing to me and I do not just understand pq.I am afraid that I get out of control and I see that the ladas do use metformin, I don't know, a little mess.What exactly serves metformin?

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
05/02/2021 5:50 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hi @Smartinez,

Well, I just looked at the analysis why I didn't remember, and I had 0.8 ng/ml and 0.268 nmol/l.One of the determining tests to know if it is lada is to look at the antigad antibodies (if they are positive, is that there is destruction of beta cells), so you would have lada diabetes since both this and 1 have an autoimmune origin.
That said, the metformin what it does is help the body to have more insulin sensitivity in addition to controlling glucose levels, so as long as you do not confirm what type of diabetes you have, it is something beneficial for you.
In any case, I am not a doctor, so at the moment follow the guidelines of your endocrine since also, each body is a world.What you should do first is to confirm the type of diabetes.If it is lad, you can surely be a time with metformin, and if you also do sports and take care of yourself, you will increase even more insulin sensitivity.

They are not easy times to debut, but much encouragement and any questions you have, you tell me :)

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
05/03/2021 12:18 a.m.

Thanks @rapper for answering.At the moment I have removed my pills and although I do not have perfect levels if acceptable, today 117, yesterday 114. Testing of antibody they have done it and I have given negative, still my endo says that I believe that I am lada pq I have 0.90of peptide c.That is why I was interested in cases like mine to see how much that peptic usually lasts to people.I am very interested in the question that you have asked the vaccine.I hope someone answers and solves doubts.

smartinez
05/03/2021 9:40 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

You are welcome!:)

Mmm, I don't know if there are type 2 that also have a loss of pepitdo c 🤔, so you are surely lada.The reason you have given negative in the antibody test, sincerely or idea.
For me, what you would have to do, is to continue with the daily glucose controls, check the pepitdo c every time (I have not looked at me again, although it would be interesting to see how much I have lost), maybe come backTo look at the antibodies later, and according to the results, you will see what your needs are to stay in range.And how in my previous message, as you take care of your diet and do sports, better!

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
05/03/2021 1:28 p.m.

Oh!!!Do not tell me that !!!, hahaha, I still have hope of being type 2, but ... I really know that it is not very viable.My endo thinks what you say, my peptide C is betrayed.I am doing the controls, I am investigating what foods you upload more.I am taking it very strict and I try to walk every day at least half an hour.
The fact is that almost all ladas use insulin, I don't.I hope to endure with my reservation a lot of time until I need it.
Do not you regularly do controls?Theirs would be to look at you to see if the C peptide goes or stable

smartinez
05/03/2021 4:25 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

I am not a doctor ehhaha, the tests will just confirm everything, but hopefully you can be type 2 🤞.
Then continue like this, be the diabetes you have, it will always be beneficial to do sports, eat well and perform periodic controls of your glucose.
Regarding the lada, he thinks that in the end it is a type 1 diabetes but slower, so sooner or later, we all need insulin.As each body is a world, because there will be people who reserve it will last years, other months, etc.At the moment I would sign like this a lifetime, since in the end I only click twice a day (the slow and the rapid for dinner).At the moment I have been with insulin for two years and I still have the same needs as at first, so on this side, I am happy.The C peptide, they haven't looked at me anymore;I am curious to know, but I imagine that it will not have lowered me much: S

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
05/04/2021 3:38 p.m.

Hello,

Reflot the topic to see if someone with lada diabetes who has vaccinated can share their experience.

Thank you!^^

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
09/03/2021 3:51 p.m.

smartinez said:
thanks @rapper for answering.At the moment I have removed my pills and although I do not have perfect levels if acceptable, today 117, yesterday 114. Testing of antibody they have done it and I have given negative, still my endo says that I believe that I am lada pq I have 0.90of peptide c.That is why I was interested in cases like mine to see how much that peptic usually lasts to people.I am very interested in the question that you have asked the vaccine.I hope someone answers and solves doubts.

I was negative about the antibodies (that is not straight or type 1, right?) And I have the peptic c just like you.

I have MODY diabetes, in my case 3, because they do genetic study and depending on the genetic alteration you have is cataloged.I spent a few years without medication.A pair ago, metformin.I am temporarily with insulin

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/03/2021 4:19 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

If it serves you as information, they suspect that my mother is also mody but no genetic study has been done yet.And she spent 7 years without medication and currently 70 years will comply and continue with pills

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/03/2021 4:20 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

rapper said:
hello,

Reflot the topic to see if someone with lada diabetes who has vaccinated can share their experience.

Thank you!^^

Myself.The truth is that I did not notice any variation within my variations.

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
09/06/2021 2:10 a.m.

Okay, I stay calmer, thank you very much for sharing it, @xmike!:)

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
09/06/2021 5:01 p.m.

rapper said:
okay, I stay calmer, thank you very much for sharing it, @xmike!:)

I have vaccinated and everything perfect.

smartinez
09/07/2021 5:31 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Guay then, thank you very much for sharing it and I'm glad you finally have your diagnosis!:) @Smartinez

Rapper's profile photo
Rapper
09/08/2021 12:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.