{'en': 'Amount of insulin, cold and consequences', 'es': 'Cantidad de insulina, frío y consecuencias'} Image

Amount of insulin, cold and consequences

cuasy's profile photo   12/14/2020 1:23 p.m.

Until a week ago, before the cold I put 32 units of Toujeo at 7.30, Humalog 4 before breakfast and 6 before eating.

For about 10 days, eating the same, having breakfast the same and having the same thing the values ​​have risen me.

I am currently in 42 of Toujeo and between 6 and 8 of Humalog.

Is it happening to someone with the cold?

I could reduce previously and for months from Toujeo to 32 but I return to the streets.

What consequences does so much insulin have?

What is the limit of it.

Thank you!

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
12/14/2020 1:23 p.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
A1c: 6,1% (NOV-20)
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

How much is considered excessive and harmful?

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
12/14/2020 1:25 p.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

@cuasy, there is no maximum amount, the one you need.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/14/2020 11:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The more, the more resistance, more obesity.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
12/15/2020 9:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

more obese? ... and that.Insulin fattens?.If you take care of yourself, you eat in moderation, you exercise you do not have to gain weight.

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
12/15/2020 12:05 p.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

The problem is when there is resistance to pathological insulin (normally due to bad habits), but there may be a physiological resistance for many reasons that is totally normal.Insulin needs change normally for many reasons and that is not bad.Hormones, stress, physical activity, growth in the case of children and adolescents, diseases ... There is even a change between the insulin needs of summer to winter in many cases (this may be your case for what you have).
We usually notice it every month for hormonal changes and we usually have to make settings every two weeks or minimum once a month.And for example in the case of pregnant women there are a few months that increase insulin needs even to triple that before pregnancy and is totally normal, once it happens it returns to normal.Everything that implies important hormonal changes usually alter insulin needs and is not bad except the chronic stress that has its problems.
If you have good habits it is not worrying that you need more insulin, you may even get the dose again once what is generating those major needs.If it is due to bad habits, it is a problem and is going worse and in most cases it causes obesity.Insulin is the hormone that among other things, serves to store excess glucose in the form of fat.If you eat many sweets, processed and refined flours, all that excess glucose that your body does not need is stored in the form of fat thanks to insulin.But the problem is poor diet not insulin itself.Insulin is not good or bad, it is a hormone necessary for life that fulfills its functions.The problems come when you do not take care of yourself and then insulin resistance is generated and the body needs more and more insulin to do the same.
If you keep some good habits, don't worry and put the insulin you need.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/15/2020 12:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello!If you do exactly the same, same diet, same activities etc can be cold.I have been with 23 years and always in winter and always use more insulin.Keep in mind that our activity is reduced, we spend more time at home etc ... In any case to improve insulin sensitivity I recommend you play sports, lose weight in case you have overweight, and reduce diet hydrates.

MarioVivirYDiabetes's profile photo
MarioVivirYDiabetes
12/15/2020 4:35 p.m.

27 años. Diabético tipo 1 desde los 7 años
Tresiba 24 u.
NovoRapid: ratio 1ui-1ch. Mañanas 1.5ui-1ch
hA1c: 5,7%

When Hello, I use toujeo since May 2017.Peso 65kg and without physical activity 28un, now if you do not move anything it has an effect as if you do not place it is anything, I speak for me it has a rate of excessive exercise a decreaseof 10 bodily body weight.In my case it is very difficult for glucose to get off 53 in interstitial.Insulin has a yeast -based excipient and dose 3 hours up 3 hours can be varied down.It is very necessary not to always inject into the same place, it takes to take effect between 2 and a half hours out to walk about 4 hours and it is an insulin without flat peaks completely in my case, its effect lasts between 19 and 21 hours andI have put it at 4:30 p.m.Always for go more than 6 units and placed it slowly at the same rhythm as the slow inject the inject.I have some more data about this insulin but I think it will not help you anything is only mine.Currently my hemoglobin is 5.9 and a day and a half I am without placing basal insulin a week.Thus I avoid dose increase is an insulin that is concentrated 3.45.Don't even think about what I have told you that I tried to take the tino before I was with 3 VAT and I had many problems is a simple insulin to arrive now it only works with an exhaustive control.All the best.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/18/2020 6:04 p.m.

K5288pn25.

quasy said:
until a week ago, before the cold I put 32 units of toujeo at 7.30, Humalog 4 before breakfast and 6 before eating.

For about 10 days, eating the same, having breakfast the same and having the same thing the values ​​have risen me.

I am currently in 42 of Toujeo and between 6 and 8 of Humalog.

Is it happening to someone with the cold?

I could reduce previously and for months from Toujeo to 32 but I return to the streets.

What consequences does so much insulin have?

What is the limit of it.

Thank you!

It is starting the cold and I always have to climb insulin, it is a pattern that is repeated, with the good weather I reduce it again

RuthChari's profile photo
RuthChari
12/23/2020 3:08 p.m.

Desde 1979 diabetes tipo 1
Novorapid 2 - 3 - 2 y lantus 8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.