Glucose climb at the same time

DerfelGdarn's profile photo   05/08/2021 10:30 a.m.

Hello, greeting everyone since it is my first message.

I am the father of a 2 and a half year old boy with type 1 diabetes. They were diagnosed in February.It is currently with Junior Humalog for bowling and a basement for basal.The fact is that for a couple of weeks it has a very high glucose increases just about two and a half hours after eating and dinner, like a clock.

They told us that it could be from a cold but has only had a few snacks one day and so many days does not last a cold.It could also be the growth hormone or that needs more slow insulin.It is currently with 2.5 at 9 am and 3 at 21.

We are desperate and exhausted for not sleeping.Any suggestion please?

DerfelGdarn's profile photo
DerfelGdarn
05/08/2021 10:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way, I forgot to comment that the climb lasts for several hours and we have to put a corrector.

DerfelGdarn's profile photo
DerfelGdarn
05/08/2021 10:34 a.m.

Courage and a lot of patience, we corrected with the fast when it shoots between hours, sometimes it works for us and other times not ...
For that it is important that you know what its correction factor is.I also tell you that in the little we have been (6 months) is unpredictable.For example, this night there has been no way to get off 180 correcting every 3 hours, but the day before uploading a unit of slow hypo insured at 6 in the morning.

We had a week sleeping from the pull and bother 2 nights ago ...

His endocrine laughs when I tell him that the treatment is shabby but for us it is like that ... there is nothing as precise as the human body the rest is an Apaño.

Courage and a lot of strength.I pray every minute and every second because this nightmare for children has a solution soon.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
05/08/2021 4:42 p.m.

@Derfelgdard, children need more insulin as they grow.If the climbs are after meals, you will need to upload the quick.If you wake up high two or more days, you will need to raise the slow one.When they are so small, you need to adjust with half unity, because a unit can be a lot.
Sometimes, when climbing the slow one, it takes less fast..
You have to adapt the insulin dose to glucose values, changing only one type of insulin and waiting for three days to see results.
Little by little, the fear of handling and adjusting insulin is lost.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/09/2021 3:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.