{'en': 'Diabetics in Germany', 'es': 'Diabéticos en Alemania'} Image

Diabetics in Germany

lorenagmartin's profile photo   05/13/2021 5:13 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I write here to find some diabetic person who has lived in Germany, I have several questions about this issue, I understand that we have to have our European health card, but:
- Do we have access to the same type of insulin as in Spain?
- How do pharmacies work there?
- Can I go to a pharmacy with the European health card and get my insulin and medicines?
- If we get sick, can we go to the doctor for free?
- Is it necessary to have medical insurance?In case, how is it done?

I hope to find someone who can help me.

Thank you so much!!

lorenagmartin's profile photo
lorenagmartin
05/13/2021 5:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lorenagmartin

Hello, I live in Germany for a long time but I have a special private insurance.
Here works by boxes.If you already have a job they will tell you better.But you need the health card.

I quickly answer your questions

- Do we have access to the same type of insulin as in Spain?OF COURSE
- How do pharmacies work there?You have to wear a doctor's recipe always to get insulin.German health is not computerized !!
- Can I go to a pharmacy with the European health card and get my insulin and medicines?NO.You need a doctor's recipe
- If we get sick, can we go to the doctor for free?Yes, I guess.
- Is it necessary to have medical insurance?In case, how is it done?Medical insurance is through work.It works by boxes.There is no social security idea.Depending on
The coverage of your box will have more covered things.Many doctors are private.If your insurance covers it you can go to a private doctor.They serve you before.It all depends on your work insurance coverage.But remember here there is no concept of social security or public hospitals.It all depends on the coverage of your insurance in your work.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/13/2021 5:38 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for your help !!I must clarify that in my case I go from Erasmus and I would not have the option of work medical insurance

lorenagmartin's profile photo
lorenagmartin
05/13/2021 5:58 p.m.

So that they inform you at your university before.You are not the first erasmus and sure that they already have a brochure.
You can also call the nearest consulate.
But first ask in your university.
In any case, insulin in pharmacies always with a doctor's recipe.

Greetings and I'm glad there will be the Erasmus

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/13/2021 6:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello, I would like to ask for people who have been there if it is advisable to continue with the insulin pump or better change feathers again.I do not know if there is covered pump therapy as here or it should be financed personally.
All the best.

Tess_6's profile photo
Tess_6
05/19/2021 10:24 p.m.

tess_6 said:
Hello, I would like to ask for people who have been there if it is advisable to continue with the insulin pump or better change again to feathers.I do not know if there is covered pump therapy as here or it should be financed personally.
Greetings.

I have started with bomb just over a month ago and I have the possibility of Erasmus and I tell you that I prefer to stay in Spain with a bomb than to go out of Erasmus without a bomb.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
05/19/2021 10:34 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@lorenagmartin

Hello, I live in Germany for a long time but I have a special private insurance.
Here works by boxes.If you already have a job they will tell you better.But you need the health card.

I quickly answer your questions

- Do we have access to the same type of insulin as in Spain?OF COURSE
- How do pharmacies work there?You have to wear a doctor's recipe always to get insulin.German health is not computerized !!
- Can I go to a pharmacy with the European health card and get my insulin and medicines?NO.You need a doctor's recipe
- If we get sick, can we go to the doctor for free?Yes, I guess.
- Is it necessary to have medical insurance?In case, how is it done?Medical insurance is through work.It works by boxes.There is no social security idea.Depending on
The coverage of your box will have more covered things.Many doctors are private.If your insurance covers it you can go to a private doctor.They serve you before.It all depends on your work insurance coverage.But remember here there is no concept of social security or public hospitals.It all depends on the coverage of your insurance in your work.

GREETING

Do you know anything about minors?We are considering going indefinite for work.And the meters you have to pay them on your own, I have read something about reimbursement)

Leeef's profile photo
Leeef
01/26/2022 1:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.