The sensor takes off

elisa74's profile photo   05/15/2021 12:24 a.m.

Hello, we are having problems with the fixation of the sensor, in 3 weeks we have gone 3 sensors to take wind !!!The 3 have coincided when I have had basketball training, I bought some patches that recommended me on the Diabetik website ... but nothing, the problem is that it sweats a lot and the adhesive circle that stands out from the sensor as it is moistened and detached ..., it has shower, I have removed the wet tape and I have put another again ... For now the sensor has not taken off but I don't know if this is normal, should it endure more, right?Or now that will you start bathing in the pool etc that will happen when the sensor is wet?Well my post is in case you can give me any idea so that it does not take off, I do not know if there is any spray or something that I can put before putting the next sensor, or I have to always go putting the kinesiotope tape every time you train orbathe in the pool ,,,,?Thank you

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/15/2021 12:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Elisa74

A my friend who is a nurse happened to me to apply it prior to the sensor and the truth is that perfect, although I have not yet tested in conditions sweating a lot.

My other option when I know a lot, is to put the sensor on my thighs .. It is an area where you sweat less

marine's profile photo
marine
05/15/2021 9:54 a.m.

elisa74 said:
Hello, we are having problems with the sensor fixing, in 3 weeks we have gone 3 sensors to take wind !!!The 3 have coincided when I have had basketball training, I bought some patches that recommended me on the Diabetik website ... but nothing, the problem is that it sweats a lot and the adhesive circle that stands out from the sensor as it is moistened and detached ..., it has shower, I have removed the wet tape and I have put another again ... For now the sensor has not taken off but I don't know if this is normal, should it endure more, right?Or now that will you start bathing in the pool etc that will happen when the sensor is wet?Well my post is in case you can give me any idea so that it does not take off, I do not know if there is any spray or something that I can put before putting the next sensor, or I have to always go putting the kinesiotope tape every time you train orbathe in the pool ,,,,?Thanks

Try some wipes called Skin Tac, they also sell them in Diabetika.You apply them when you wear the sensor, you put a little of the patches you bought, and I assure you that it does not take off in 2 weeks.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/15/2021 10:48 a.m.

@Elisa74, I leave you some links of this forum with info that may interest you:
Link
Link

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
05/15/2021 11:20 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I have never used any adhesive, but Skin Tac would be what I would buy.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/15/2021 1:29 p.m.

Thank you very much, you are a treasure, I sign it all !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/15/2021 4:49 p.m.

I use Skin Tac, glue everything and also protects the skin that is what interests me for allergies.
I wear a glove and before putting on the sensor, in my case Dexcom, rubbed the area with Skin Tac but only for 30 seconds and then the sensor.When removing the applicator, the outer zone even only after 30 seconds sticks!And you have to remove the applicator carefully because it is stuck to the skin.Awesome.For those I wear a glove.I buy it on Amazon.In addition to improving adhesion protects the skin.I have used for two years and very good

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/15/2021 5:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/15/2021 5:10 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks @jldiazdel, I have already bought them online !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/15/2021 6:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.