{'en': 'Konjac rice', 'es': 'Arroz Konjac'} Image

Konjac rice

lalonsoa's profile photo   05/15/2021 11:11 a.m.

Hello good,

Lately I get the rice quite a lot and I have read that there is Konjac rice that almost does not have carbohydrates (I wanted to try it to make rice with milk, since I like sugar and not throw sweeteners).

Does anyone know how to tell me a brand with which good and the hit?

Thank you so much!

All the best.

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
05/15/2021 11:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Konjac is not a rice is a tuberculo to which they crush it so that it is in the form of rice, which sugars it because it depends on the type of db that you have but as if it is done to the raw carrot, by the way we all go up to us allenough the "damn" rice: D: D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/15/2021 1:53 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you very much @alberto_13, yes, I knew it was not rice even if I have that name but I thought that the taste was going to look like it, that rage :(. I have db1 for 4 years. Hahaha because in that case it is damn:)

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
05/15/2021 2:04 p.m.

I cook with integral rice and the truth is that at the moment I feel good, I do (my son) rice to the Cuban, paella, ... tomorrow for example I will make oven rice, the only thing is that it takes a long time to cook, the first time my husband made the paella with whole rice we started eating almost at 4 hahaha

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/15/2021 5:33 p.m.

If the rice is washed before the starch is removed and their carbohydrates lower.

In any case I do not take much rice.Practically once a month.I prefer to drink vegetable and fruit carbohydrates!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/15/2021 5:41 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much @Elisa74 I will try the integral.
Thank you very much @jldiazdel, if I remove the starch but the truth that I did not know that the carbohydrates go down: Open_Mouth:

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
05/16/2021 2 p.m.

In the Carrefour of my city there are spaghettis, noodles and rice.In my opinion it is not worth it.They are expensive and have no flavor, absorb the taste of the condiments with which you cook and already.The texture is insulse and insipid.In my opinion it is much better to eat less number of integral pasta but if you want

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/16/2021 2:04 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Thank you very much @colt, because if you have tried it and you paint it, I will try first with the integral rice.

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
05/16/2021 2:11 p.m.

Once the rice is cooked, whether integral or whatever, wash it with cold water in a drainer, you achieve two things on the one hand short cooking and keep it at its point and on the other hand you eliminate a lot of HCs in the form of starch

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/16/2021 2:18 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Yes, I tried it a few months ago because I couldn't stand more to eat pasta.Tell you that Konjac's rice is like spaguettis only cut in rice.I guess you will have read about this food but what specialized websites say is true is a food that does not feed anything, it is 99 % water and 1 % fiber (I think they were going there the percentages), it does not know anything at allBut absorve the taste of what you cook with what you have to be very careful to know howYou are going to stay hungry if you only eat this for what you have more than older just in case.

I already tell you that I see the price and how I preferred other options, I prefer to eat 20g of pasta paste than 200 of Konjac but it is my experience, try it that maybe it is worth it.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/16/2021 2:32 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Many grace @Alberto_13, I wasn't doing well.I try this weekend.

Thank you very much for the information @colt, for now the truth that the paste does not give me those peaks.I still try it someday (taking into account what you tell me about the flavors) to have a plan B if any food or the dessert tells me

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
05/17/2021 10:40 p.m.

The integral rice takes a lot to cook and has the same hydrates as the normal but its curve is a bit lower.
As for flavors, rice does not know anything, absorbs flavor according to cooking.Hence the important thing about smoking.

I don't think of the pasta, I don't like it, I haven't eaten it in the last 40 years, I don't stand it.I vomit if I feel it on the palate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2021 8:42 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much @ruthbia.About pasta ... the good thing is that for you it is a thing less than to worry :)

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
05/23/2021 2:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.