{'en': 'Much less slow since I carry the sensor', 'es': 'Muchisima menos lenta desde que llevo el sensor'} Image

Much less slow since I carry the sensor

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/17/2021 11:27 a.m.

Good morning.

Almost three months ago I started with the Free Style 2, the truth that since then I have changed a lot of things in the control of my illness.

The first thing we realized nothing else is that I was going through slow (Lantus), especially at night, so that almost every night I had hypos.I have been reducing the amount of insulin that I put me, so that I am now practically halfI have to get up to take something, generally when I correct, the flat night stays more or less, although not always.

The truth is that I am a little strange, the first thing because of the slow thing I was, because although it did have hypoglycemia before (I feel them when I am very low), the controls that I did with the gluconomether were more or less normal and then and thenEspecially since despite having reduced the lantus that I wear, I can't make night drops disappear (they don't become hypos because I correct myself before).

Has anyone had to reduce so much slow?

Thank you so much!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/17/2021 11:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello fer,

Yes, the same thing happened to me.Those nocturnal hypoglycemia hid behind the Alba effect in the morning.Although I got up in 100, according to the sensor and with capillaries if I entered hiccups in some moments of the night.

We have been adjusting the slow so that for the day I am well after the active fast insulin and at night I no longer have those hypos.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/17/2021 11:57 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
hello fer,

Yes, the same thing happened to me.Those nocturnal hypoglycemia hid behind the Alba effect in the morning.Although I got up in 100, according to the sensor and with capillaries if I entered hiccups in some moments of the night.

We have been adjusting the slow so that for the day I am well after the active fast insulin and at night I no longer have those hypos.

And did you have to take away a lot?Because I'm going more or less in half ...

DiabetesForo
05/18/2021 8:36 a.m.

Right now I am with Tresiba before I used Lantus.Well, half exactly, I went from 12 units to 6.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/18/2021 10:44 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Fer1803 The Lantus has a peak of action at the time of putting it, so they give you hypos.You have to change your time.I think I remember that at 4 hours or so.I put it at 10:00 at night and the peak was between 2 and 3 in the morning.

In addition, Lantus does not cover 24 hours like Tresiba or Toujeo, over time you will have to put an amount at night and another at 12 noon.

I changed to Toujeo that is flat, does not take a peak of action, and covers 24 hours so I save a puncture.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2021 8:17 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@fer1803 The lantus has a peak of action at the time of putting it, so they give you hypos.You have to change your time.I think I remember that at 4 hours or so.I put it at 10:00 at night and the peak was between 2 and 3 in the morning.

In addition, Lantus does not cover 24 hours like Tresiba or Toujeo, over time you will have to put an amount at night and another at 12 noon.

I changed to Toujeo that it is flat, does not take a peak of action, and covers 24 hours so I save a puncture.

Already, I already know Lantus, I put it on it ten years ago in two doses, what I would like is if that peak could be reduced in some way.
With respect to Toujeo, like everything in this disease there are people who have given him good, as it seems that it is your case, and there are people who have returned to Lantus because it was fatal.I have good control with Lantus, as I have, for now I do not want to change, the only thing that bothers me is to have to wake up almost every night.

DiabetesForo
05/19/2021 9:26 a.m.

@Fer1803 You can't talk about "good control" if you have to wake up almost every night.I think you should consider insulin change to improve this aspect.Check with your endocrine.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/19/2021 4:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Forget about controlling Lantus's peaks, I tried by all means and it is impossible.In the end I got my endocrine to change myself to Toujeo, I would have given me the same three, what I did not want was Lantus or Levemir (who also used it a few years) for having the peaks and not covering 24 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2021 4:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Forget about controlling Lantus's peaks, I tried by all means and is impossible.In the end I got my endocrine to change myself to Toujeo, I would have given me the same three, what I did not want was Lantus or Levemir (who also used it a few years) for having the peaks and not covering 24 hours.

With all my respects who told me that I have excellent control is my endocrine.I know people who, with the two insulins that you speak, have had very bad experiences, so with a ninety -five I have my reasons not to want to change anything for now.

DiabetesForo
05/20/2021 9:28 a.m.

@Fer1803
It is that each one is doing a thing.
There is one here one that has changed to Tresiba and everything has been lacking.
I use Abasaglar, which is supposed to be bad, it does not cover 24 hours ... and I am going wonderfully, they don't change it!

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/20/2021 9:51 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@fer1803
It is that each one is doing a thing.
There is one here one that has changed to Tresiba and everything has been lacking.
I use abasaglar, which is supposed to be bad, it does not cover 24 hours ... and I am going wonderfully, they don't change it!

Of course, that's why.Today there is no perfect insulin.

DiabetesForo
05/20/2021 11:11 a.m.

@Fer1803 I do not say that you do not have good control, I speak of the picos of descent when the action of Lantus begins, that they cannot be controlled and sometimes forces to allege;It didn't make me straight as Toujeo makes me.

I have very good control, I have never gone from a 6.4 glyc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/20/2021 4:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@fer1803 I do not say that you do not have good control, I speak of the descent peaks when Lantus's action begins, which cannot be controlled and sometimes forces to allege;It didn't make me straight as Toujeo makes me.

I have very good control, I have never gone from a 6.4 glyc.

In what time do you put the toujeo?because I put it at breakfast and at night they give me hypos

marine's profile photo
marine
05/20/2021 6:15 p.m.

@marine I put it at 10:00 p.m.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/21/2021 4:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The Lantus covered me 24 hours without problem but I had to stop putting it at night through the peak and consequent downturn at dawn.I started putting it in the morning shortly after starting with it (when it came out and still in vials, there was no Lantus bolis) and the problems were over.

2 years ago my endocrine decided to go to Toujeo.I have not noticed any change in glycemia or dose, neither for good or for worse, and I still put it when I get up.

Leyretxu's profile photo
Leyretxu
05/23/2021 11:31 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.