{'en': 'High glucose after playing.', 'es': 'Glucosa alta después de hacer deporte.'} Image

High glucose after playing.

smartinez's profile photo   05/17/2021 12:06 p.m.

Hello,

Yesterday I went to play the paddle and just as soon as I finished, I had glucose in 153, at 45 minutes it already lowered me to 87.

Is it normal for glucose to climb while sports?

I have read that if that happens, it is because they have ketone bodies and it is dangerous.

The fact is that playing has sat me phenomenal PQ today I have dawned with 108.

Thank you!

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
05/17/2021 12:06 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hi Smartinez,

It is normal, but when doing sports you have to take into account if it is a hyperglycemic or hypoglycemic activity.

Moderate sports with average pulsations tend to be hypoglycemic.Intense sports with high pulsations are usually hyperglycemic (which seems your case in paddle).

This is because the case of intense sport to high pulsations The liver produces more glucose that the muscles consume, after the activity the organism continues to consume glucose and tends to hypoglycemia.

I attach a book by Serafín Murillo where he explains it.You also have infographics in your IG.

Link
Link

All the best,

José

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/17/2021 12:28 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
hello smartinez,

It is normal, but when doing sports you have to take into account if it is a hyperglycemic or hypoglycemic activity.

Moderate sports with average pulsations tend to be hypoglycemic.Intense sports with high pulsations are usually hyperglycemic (which seems your case in paddle).

This is because the case of intense sport to high pulsations The liver produces more glucose that the muscles consume, after the activity the organism continues to consume glucose and tends to hypoglycemia.

I attach a book by Serafín Murillo where he explains it.You also have infographics in your IG.

Link
Link

All the best,

Jose

Ok.Thank you so much.Now I will read the links.I understand that then I should not worry and I can continue playing.

smartinez
05/17/2021 12:39 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez

Of course you must continue doing sports.It will sit very well.If you do it regularly, better, your body will get used to that effort.In any case, because in a moment in 153 you will not generate ketone bodies.Don't worry.And enjoy.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/17/2021 4:10 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@smartinez

Of course you must continue doing sports.It will sit very well.If you do it regularly, better, your body will get used to that effort.In any case, because in a moment in 153 you will not generate ketone bodies.Don't worry.And enjoy.

I will, I am seeing that I feel good and improve my glucose on an empty stomach.Thank you!!!!!

smartinez
05/17/2021 4:22 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Hello everyone I asked a question similar to the end, I tell him that after going to run after breakfast I was going to run and that after two hours from breakfast I came out to 108 and told me that it was very high that I shouldYou are lower since I had gone to run, with Josemibi's explanation I understand why that happens and it doesn't lower me anymore.Thank you

loli23's profile photo
loli23
05/17/2021 5:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Smartinez and if your glucose improves do not stop doing sports.

loli23's profile photo
loli23
05/17/2021 5:37 p.m.

loli23 said:
smartinez and if your glucose improves do not stop doing sports.

I will not leave it, in fact until now I was just

smartinez
05/17/2021 8:39 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

What diet are they still low in carbohydrates.

loli23's profile photo
loli23
05/17/2021 9:40 p.m.

loli23 said:
what diet are you still low in carbojidratos.

Well, it goes down in carbohydrates but it does not become the Keto diet, for the moment as foods that are prohibited in that diet although as a small amount, for example lentils, chickpeas, white beans .... I usually eat once a week read.Integral TB rice as but only 30 gr.Cooked in salad.Breakfast always coffee with skim milk, saccharin and two toast of protein bread.Always eat vegetables and protein, except the day as a legume or rice (always with some protein), dinner the same.Between hours I take many nuts, serrano ham, fresh cheese, coconut -skimmed gruyere cheese or yogurt with 15 gr.Of oatmeal.After eating sometimes I usually have tea.

smartinez
05/18/2021 9:31 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
loli23 said:
what diet are you still low in carbojimrojuidos.?

Well, it goes down in carbohydrates but it does not become the Keto diet, for the moment as foods that are prohibited in that diet although as a small amount, for example lentils, chickpeas, white beans .... I usually eat once a week read.Integral TB rice as but only 30 gr.Cooked in salad.Breakfast always coffee with skim milk, saccharin and two toast of protein bread.Always eat vegetables and protein, except the day as a legume or rice (always with some protein), dinner the same.Between hours I take many nuts, serrano ham, fresh cheese, coconut -skimmed gruyere cheese or yogurt with 15 gr.Of oatmeal.After eating sometimes I usually have tea.

Hello the diet that I follow is by nutritionist but it puts me 2 times in week legumes.1 time pasta and another day paella in the morning whole wheat bread and at night many salad with protein and vegetable scrambled .. may be too carbohydate.I have lost 18 kg but the glucose values ​​are still in prediabetes. And we can eat ham between hours and other s
Things .. If we are hungry?And thanks for the answer because the truth is very lost on the subject

loli23's profile photo
loli23
05/18/2021 12:20 p.m.

Lately as a snack I make celery sticks with some sauce

marine's profile photo
marine
05/18/2021 12:36 p.m.

loli23 said:
smartinez said:
loli23 said:
loli23 said:
what diet you are low on carbojimdratos.?

Hello the diet that I follow is by nutritionist but it puts me 2 times in week legumes.1 time pasta and another day paella in the morning whole wheat bread and at night many salad with protein and vegetable scrambled .. may be too carbohydate.I have lost 18 kg but the glucose values ​​are still in prediabetes. And we can eat ham between hours and other s
Things .. If we are hungry?And thanks for the answer because the truth is very lost on the subject

I do not take so many carbohydrates, in fact I have left the pasta completely, I'm afraid to stop eating Ch in complete but ... really if something hurts me and I get on taking it?Even so, I take something, small amount so that it doesn't upload much, I don't know if I do well or not.100% integral bread TB as something up to date, about 40-50 gr, depends on the day and what eats.The bread rises a lot for that as little.The truth is that since I have been trying a short time now, I try to see glucose according to the foods that as and see how I get up at half an hour, at the time, at the hour and a half, at two hours ......
I went to a nutritionist and I got frog, I went twice, I took € 75 and all he told me was to buy me a machine of € 3000 and that I had breakfast oatmeal.I didn't come back.
If I am hungry like nuts, cucumbers in vinegars, gaps in vinegar, anchovies and once sin and like some fried bag.Green tea after eating Tb takes me a bit of sweet desire, I used to take chocolate in the afternoon, donets, cookies ....
I do not know if my way of eating is coming well or not, in a couple of months they will do the analytics again and I will see the endocrine, I suppose that it will look like I go and if it works for me or if I have worsened.And I also hope to get out of doubt and at least confirm diagnosis.

smartinez
05/18/2021 12:56 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
loli23 said:
what diet are you still low in carbojimrojuidos.?

Hello partner.
I am also part of the low diet in HC.
Integral rice, like lentils, chickpeas, etc.,, glycemia usually upload me a lot.
Protein bread or also call him German, he is the best.
What I do not usually do is to take what you, I only usually take several cuts during the day, perhaps too many (5 cut), which leads me to think that blood glucose can also be triggered.
I will provise to eat between you the same as you.
Greetings.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
05/18/2021 4:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.