Calculations

Cdb1's profile photo   05/21/2021 6:57 p.m.

Hello, does anyone know if there is any calculation to know what exactly lows you sugar?F.S.I.It is 150 and after eating I had left sugar 304 and corrected with 1u and then took the calculator and put 304-150 = 154 that is that in 1h my sugar would be in 154mg well I do not know if the calculation or ofAnother way

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/21/2021 6:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@CDB1 If you measure you two hours after correcting, you know what a unit lowers you.But it is an approach because it depends on other factors.The theoretical calculation is also an approach, but gives an idea of ​​how to correct.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2021 7:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@CDB1

I do not do it with theoretical calculations or formulas, but with practical results.
I tell you what I do.
If after two/three hours of a meal I have been somewhat high, I put a quick correction.I look at what values ​​I am, imagine that in 160, and as I tell you it is very important that two or three hours of the food have passed, so that there is no active insulin.Then in my case I have proven more or less with a unit under about 50 mg.I put a fast insulin unit and then the most important thing is to be expected another two hours to do all its effect.After two hours I look at me and if I'm about 110 it means that everything is fine.Nothing has changed, and I recorded in memory that a fast unit, without carbohydrates in my stomach per digest, glycemia lowers me in 50. If I see that it has only lowered me, for example 30, Ah I write it down.And if I put a correction again and keep failing, and only lower 30 instead of 50, then I score the change, and already a fast unit only lowers me 30 mg.
Keep in mind that there are many factors that affect us, and may the food have more fat and protein and digestion is slower.And you may be nervous, stress goes up glycemia, or you are moving, that goes down.That is why it is important to check how we react.If repeatedly, I follow the rule of three times, a rapid correction has not lowered what you expected, your insulin sensitivity has changed.

I hope I explained it clearly and simple.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/22/2021 10:35 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel you have explained it phenomenal because then I have reached the theory that Ami more affect the factors ...
Than other things.

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/22/2021 4:56 p.m.

@jldiazdel has explained it perfectly and believe me if I am wrong that you have not known how to capture it well.

You are more affected by other factors or not, what you have to be clear about is the rule you have used to calculate how much insulin you make.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/22/2021 6:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.