Freestyle free problem 2

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo   01/31/2021 12:04 p.m.

Good morning

As you know, I am user of Freestyle Free 2 for about 4 months, lately they give me totally different values ​​when IAbbot and they send me a new one and they tell me to withdraw that, but the truth, it gives me distrust because in the end I do not know that glycemia I have, and I have to prick my finger from time to time also, and I am starting to tire,And I don't know if when I have exhausts what I have, stop using them

Also when I put it on the right forearm, it always hurts, today when putting it even blood came out for the little hole that it brings, and it hurts, I don't know if it's normal.

Thank you so much

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo
Gijonessugar1984
01/31/2021 12:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Gijonessugar1984

To me some of Abbott also caused me some blood.No problem.When you take a capillary it occurs.It also happened to me with the Dexcom.

If a sensor gets very bad it is best to change it.Even so, I always, and now also with Dexcom, I never put an insulin correction without hair control.I have already put the leg a couple of times.The sensor error is usually +/- 20 but sometimes it can reach 30!And that must be taken into account.

The opposite error, that the sensor says that you are low and you are not really so much and take carbohydrates, it is not so serious.Inversely you can cause a hypo.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/31/2021 12:52 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

This is giving me a lot

Gijonessugar1984
01/31/2021 1 p.m.

If it bothers you a lot, take it out and put another in another area.

Although sometimes some sensors go bad, don't leave the sensors.Even those of Abbott that work regular help a lot.I left them by allergy in the skin.But they helped me a lot.They greatly improve blood glucose control.But sometimes one has a feeling of frustration when one goes bad.Basically they bit you the day!

jldiazdel
01/31/2021 1:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

No sensor has caused pain in 5 years, it is also true that I put them in the buttock;Lately I am putting some dose of insulin in my arms and it hurts a lot, so I look unable to put on the sensor.

If blood has come out as indicated and have been the sensors that most approached the capillaries.The normal thing is that Freestyle measures over 20-30 or below, in the end a capillary always falls.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/04/2021 4:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, you are right, it is the sensor that is closest to the capillary, of echo it nails it!

Gijonessugar1984
02/04/2021 6:01 p.m.

gijonessugar1984 said:

Good morning

As you know, I am user of Freestyle Free 2 for about 4 months, lately they give me totally different values ​​when IAbbot and they send me a new one and they tell me to withdraw that, but the truth, it gives me distrust because in the end I do not know that glycemia I have, and I have to prick my finger from time to time also, and I am starting to tire,And I don't know if when I have exhausts what I have, stop using them

Also when I put it on the right forearm, it always hurts, today when putting it even blood came out for the little hole that it brings, and it hurts, I don't know if it's normal.

Thank you so much

forearm ????I understand that you have been wrong and you wanted

Be careful with the pisa phenomenon ... Many times when sleeping, if we throw ourselves on the sensor, this will give erroneous values.

After 15 min in there it is normalized .. control that in case it happens to you although from 280 to 150 there is a lot of difference ..

marine's profile photo
marine
02/04/2021 10:04 p.m.

Good morning, it happens to me with Free 1. last year Abbott Change 6. A madness.This week I checked it that gave me 60 points of difference and had to get on basal.When I use it in the right arm it is a disaster but I cannot always pierce the left.I am thin and could not.You think of the Dexcom.In Argentina it is not marketed.What is the cost?If it is, I could better see how to buy it abroad.Thanks for the help

Clau's profile photo
Clau
02/07/2021 2:24 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

@Clau

I use Abbot (sensor 1) and changes Dexcom G6 for allergy problems about two years ago.DG6 is much higher.It works with impressive accuracy.The first day they give a little war and you have to calibrate it (Dexcom can be calibrate, that is, you introduce capillary readings in blood and improve their accuracy).After the first day of settings, all those that I have had worked perfectly.

But it's expensive.Here in Europe it usually leaves for about 900 euros three months including the transmitter (Q lasts three months).Eye a sensor only hard10 days (what I prefer for my allergies!).That is to say that it comes out for about 300 euros per month.That is, around the triple Q Abbott for a month.

I don't know if you can get it and you have a budget, but without a doubt, spending on your health is worth it.Without a doubt!

Greetings from Frankfurt

jldiazdel
02/07/2021 4:08 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.