Insulin duration

Cdb1's profile photo   05/22/2021 1:56 p.m.

Hello there is any method to know what the novorapid lasts in my body?I know that in the prospectus he says that from 3 to 5h but I want to know quanti exactly if they are or 3h or 4h or 5h

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/22/2021 1:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

About 3 h

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/22/2021 4:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

You have to look especially at the maximum peak column.

In my body, for example normally the strip is 45min-1H and already beyond the 2h I do not notice effect.

You have to know you @cdb1, it is the main thing ... what we each tell you can guide you but nothing more.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/22/2021 5:55 p.m.

@Marine I think I already understood it in the novorapid 10-15m the beginning and the maximum peak 1/2h a maximum effect or peak of action that is the period where there is more insulin effect, it must coincide with the maximum concentration of carbohydratesin the body, and an end of effect that is the active residual insulin after the end of the peak of action
That is why 10-15m the first thing to start eating are vegetables/vegetables followed by the Animal Prote and finally the HC
Food from least to greatest I.G
The maximum peak is in 1/2h therefore in that period of time the HC has to coincide with the insulin to avoid high peaks after each meal

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/22/2021 7:52 p.m.

@CDB1 also depends on the time of day.
For example, I get a newpid 45 min before breakfast to match the effect with food absorption.In the morning the body assimilates very fast.
In the food 10 min and at dinner just when I ingest the food.

It makes me peak at two hours and lasts 2.5 hours in my body.The 5 hours never, or when I debuted.

Another novorapid problem is that 1 unit are 4 drops and I have never managed to get the 4 drops, so my minimum is 2 units

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/22/2021 10:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

cdb1 said:
@marineInsulinic effect, it must coincide with the maximum concentration of carbohydrates in the body, and an end of effect that is the active residual insulin after the end of the peak of action
That is why 10-15m the first thing to start eating are vegetables/vegetables followed by the Animal Prote and finally the HC
Food from least to greatest I.G
The maximum peak is in 1/2h therefore in that period of time the HC has to coincide with the insulin to avoid high peaks after each meal

Ok, you go well but an subsection.Do not obsess with the order of how you should eat because when you together you do the digestion of the total and if you put vegetables and vegetables the fiber of these slows the digestion.

Come normal, the most complicated thing to do is calculate the correct insulin dose.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/22/2021 10:34 p.m.

@Ruthbia ok but how do you know that insulin lasts in the body "x hours"?For the symptoms we notice?I do not know when it makes me peak and how long are it 2/3h is that I have to measure the sugar while as if to know when it is peak ??

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/23/2021 10:24 a.m.

cdb1 said:
@ruthbia ok but how do you know that insulin lasts in the body "x hours"?For the symptoms we notice?I do not know when it makes me peak and how long they are 2/3h it is that I have to measure the sugar while I know when it makes me click?

Do you have a free2 or similar sensor?

marine's profile photo
marine
05/23/2021 11:21 a.m.

@marine no, what do I have to do to get one make an appointment at the health center?I know that there have been people who have given the sensor at the health center

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/23/2021 1:17 p.m.

cdb1 said:
@marine no, what do I have to do to get one making an appointment at the health center?I know that there have been people who have given the sensor at the health center

Request it to the endocrine

marine's profile photo
marine
05/23/2021 1:32 p.m.

@Colt asks for an appointment with your endocrine and exaggerates saying that you cannot control blood glucose.Thus puts you in the freestyle system.
I know the peaks and duration of insulin by the sensor.With capillaries it is very, very difficult.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2021 12:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.