Hello, I'm new in this forum

sofi's profile photo   05/30/2021 5:42 p.m.

Hello, it is the first time I write in the forum.My daughter was diagnosed with diabetes 1 in November last year.He is 14 years old.All ages are bad to start with this disease, and at age 14 I imagine that many will have passed it with your children, the insecurities of adolescence, complexes, hormones ... and diabetes are gathered.My daughter asks me every time I go with friends, if you notice the sensor (now in summer for her she is more complex), where she is going to put the insulin when they touch and do not see her, who does if everyone isThey buy some snack, ice cream, or something else full of carbohydrates ... anyway.
I try to encourage her and take away importance and help her normalize him as much as she can.
His father and I are destroyed.
In front of her we do not demonstrate it, but when we are alone many times I come down.It is a very damn and unfair disease.Like all chronic sick, I suppose.I am reading news of advances and possible priests all day.The truth is that a world is costing me to assimilate it.I have practically isolated myself from the world that surrounded me before.People at first called you but it is difficult to know what to tell you about this situation so they no longer call to ask.It costs me a world to have a pleasant conversation as before or see what in my environment life remains the same for everyone and ours has completely changed.And what costs me the most is to see how unfair my daughter is.I still remember my 14 years and I would give anything so that she did not have to live them with this burden.
I guess you get the idea over time and get it better.
Thank you very much for this forum and give me the opportunity to vent myself, the truth is that it is the first time I release it that way.I feel the roll that I have put you!

sofi's profile photo
sofi
05/30/2021 5:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@SOFI

Leaving is very healthy and recommended.Do it more regularly.

You can tell him that he doesn't hide the sensor, he shows it.It is someone different.It has nothing to hide.And that the insulin is put when needed.This where this.Tell the best way they speak little ones.

It probably doesn't work!Oh well.

It is an always complicated age and with diabetes I imagine that more.

Cheer up !

And tell us when you want more sensations and experiences with a teenager.Surely other parents can be very useful.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/30/2021 6:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you so much!I will do that.I will tell experiences.

sofi's profile photo
sofi
05/30/2021 6:10 p.m.

Hi @Sofi

Have you tried to go to the Diabetics Association of your city?I recently started with the disease and the truth is that the people who start knowing there are extraordinary, have psychologists and help the newly initiated, do many courses, workshops, talks with doctors and for children coexistence days.

Apart from this forum I think they could help you.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/30/2021 7:25 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

@sofi, it costs to assimilate more for parents than for them.Adolescence will live almost normally, with sensor and sugar .., although I was awake waiting for it to come, and less bad that there were mobiles ..
He just had a bad day who was low and dizzy, but the friends quickly gave him Cocacola.I had no sensor, so it is now easier.
We had worse parents, but time is returning tranquility.
You'll see her live calmly and happy.
Take care of yourself.
A hug.

Insulin, sitting on the table and climbing the shirt a little, nor looks.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2021 7:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If I'm going to look at it, there is an association.Thank you so much

sofi's profile photo
sofi
05/30/2021 7:52 p.m.

@Sofi welcome to the forum.

I debuted with 15 years and now I have 35. In my case I took it perfectly from minute one, my answer when they told me what I had was, that it could have been something worse ... This is just something that accompanies you timeBut it lets you continue living normally.

My parents did not take him so well and my mother above all had excessive control over me where I did not let me go on excursions at school and others because of course ... it was diabetic.

With this, what I want to tell you is that many times we are the ones who impose barriers in a disease that knowing how to carry it is not difficult to make normal life ....

Greetings and courage because today news comes every 2x3 and it is all much easier than before.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/30/2021 10:09 p.m.

sofi said:
Hello, it is the first time I write in the forum.My daughter was diagnosed with diabetes 1 in November last year.He is 14 years old.All ages are bad to start with this disease, and at age 14 I imagine that many will have passed it with your children, the insecurities of adolescence, complexes, hormones ... and diabetes are gathered.My daughter asks me every time I go with friends, if you notice the sensor (now in summer for her she is more complex), where she is going to put the insulin when they touch and do not see her, who does if everyone isThey buy some snack, ice cream, or something else full of carbohydrates ... anyway.
I try to encourage her and take away importance and help her normalize him as much as she can.
His father and I are destroyed.
In front of her we do not demonstrate it, but when we are alone many times I come down.It is a very damn and unfair disease.Like all chronic sick, I suppose.I am reading news of advances and possible priests all day.The truth is that a world is costing me to assimilate it.I have practically isolated myself from the world that surrounded me before.People at first called you but it is difficult to know what to tell you about this situation so they no longer call to ask.It costs me a world to have a pleasant conversation as before or see what in my environment life remains the same for everyone and ours has completely changed.And what costs me the most is to see how unfair my daughter is.I still remember my 14 years and I would give anything so that she did not have to live them with this burden.
I guess you get the idea over time and get it better.
Thank you very much for this forum and give me the opportunity to vent myself, the truth is that it is the first time I release it that way.I feel the roll that I have put you!

Hello!Here Isidoro Padre de María, 5 years old with diagnosis in DM1 last October.Although they are different ages I understand you perfectly ... We also fall the world on top when she is not ... You want to stay in the dining room as it had done before debuting and now we do not even consider ... does not wantThat no one but we put insulin.Our life has given a 180 degree turn ...

We used to eat two days of the weekend away from home (fast food) and she from Monday to Friday in the dining room.My wife has stopped working to go to insulin to school, cook (something we hate both ...) go that our daughter milk has not dinner with 8 or 10 cookies and a fruit thousands of nights ...

Now all of that has gone to the garet ... I know that our way of life was not the healthiest but now we are turning off at times ... I don't know how long it will take us to get used to this new lifestyle ...And he kills us that from so small he has a chronic disease so heavy to carry.

We send you all our support, debuting at that age also has to be difficult ... Thank you for telling your story, it helps to know that we are not alone.
Isidoro

Isi's profile photo
Isi
05/31/2021 10:17 a.m.

Hello.My 16 son debuted 3 months ago.He has not had problems when telling friends.And they have accepted it superb.Moreover, from the first day he taught them to put the nasal glucagon if necessary.Surely if you get talking to your group of friends, you will see that you even find a lot of support.
The worst at these ages, I think, hormones.He has his head in a thousand places and costs him all habits that diabetes entails.Sites like this forum helps a lot to get to know the disease.
I take this opportunity to greet and greatly thank all the contributions you make.
Lucia

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
05/31/2021 12:12 p.m.

Thank you all for everyone!It is true that as Isidoro says we are not alone.Much encouragement, with your little one, it is very hard and in the end we will get it better.I comfort myself thinking and waiting for our children to know the cure in not many years.Thanks Regina for the advice to put the insulin with dissimulation.
Thank you again for contributing your experiences.

sofi's profile photo
sofi
05/31/2021 12:27 p.m.

Hi Aníbal, thank you very much, yes, any help is well received.What is called in Spanish?I have looked at it on Amazon but I only find it in English.

sofi's profile photo
sofi
05/31/2021 1:58 p.m.

It seems to me that the diabetic debut is more traumatic for parents than for the patient.
I would tell you that with 14 years it is important that her most intimate circle of friends know how to help her in case of hypoglycemia.
To puncture you can go to the toilet or get up the shirt a little, it is fast and nobody realizes.
The sensor can be put on the buttock, it does not show, it is not seen, it measures well and the bikini covers it well.
In adolescence it is important to feel part of the group and diabetes can be a differentiating factor, but that also makes you highlight and be unique/special.

In a few weeks he will have it totally assimilated and will make almost normal life.We have all gone through it despite being adults.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/31/2021 9:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.