Types of insulin

Rifesa's profile photo   05/31/2021 10:14 a.m.

Hello, I have been with type 2 diabbetes for years and I am currently taking the Dianben 850 and clicking Humalog 25 at food and dinner (I have always punctured myself after meals although I am not sure if it is better before or later) and once toThe week the ozempic.Upon entering the forum Leo a lot about the fast and slow insulin but I don't know which is fast and slow even though I intuit that the puncture will be fast and the slow dianben.Before Ozempic I piche with Trulicity and the truth neither one nor to another I find a result while I have friends who have gone down with Trulicity.
Now I usually play sports and the truth is that it shows a lot in the levels of sugar, bicycle and go out to walk even if I don't know how many kilometers you do so when you go out to walk I usually do about 5 I do not know if it is much or little.Well sorry for the rollete and I will appreciate comments that can clear my multiple doubts.

Rifesa's profile photo
Rifesa
05/31/2021 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For me, I think your treatment is chaos, injectable oral diabetics and fast insulin, do not cause you hypos?Give the sensation that this treatment is not of an endocrine, have you visited any?Finally, what glycosilada do you have?
The Dianbem is metformin, many of the forum use it to reduce the insulin but notTo burn calories you have to take minimum 10000 steps (8 km) and at a good pace.Both Trulicity and Dianbem are antidiabetic, each one has their way of acting to redurge blood glucose.The normal thing to a type 2 is that if you need it, it begins with slow insulin and not quickly as ATI.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/31/2021 12:11 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I also agree that you have a very rare treatment ...
What I do not agree is that to burn calories you have to do 8 km.My walk is usually 5 km and I have lowered weight without looking for it.Exercise burns calories, more exercise, more calories, more intensity, more calories, but of course it burns.
And for me that metformin also helps.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/31/2021 2:06 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelBota Each one advances in a way and you are already thin, but as I put in my answer I say, that they say, to burn calories you have to walk more than 10000 steps
Link

Alberto_13
05/31/2021 2:15 p.m.

@Alberto_13
Already, now, they say it.And I do not agree.
Precisely because as you say, I had no overweight (I weighed 53kg) I have proven that any exercise is good.Because when there is less weight, it is usually more difficult to lose and I have lost 5kg based on walking and of course, not eating sweets.
In addition there are people who lose weight a lot of work and I think that if you think you don't do enough to burn, it can be the excuse for doing nothing ...
Everything that burn (more or less).It cannot be the same to be 20 minutes sitting than 20 minutes walk ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/31/2021 2:22 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It is one thing to lose weight, that there are hundreds of reasons, I will not enter them now, and another very different thing is to "burn calories" whose final result is also losing weight, anyway in your case, maybe leave the sweetsThe daily calorie intake has fallen considerably

Link

Alberto_13
05/31/2021 3:24 p.m.

Thank you very much to attend me, can you answer the first question, what insulin are the rapid and what slows the slow ones and then we will discuss the treatment and sports?

Rifesa's profile photo
Rifesa
05/31/2021 4:17 p.m.

Fast action insulins are to lower glycemia after meals.Normally fast action insulins is for people with diabetes I. There are more types of fast insulins.
Slow or basal insulins is to cover glycemia increases 24 h (more or less) and above all avoid glycemia rise at night.It is to keep the blood glucose level stable during the day.
What seems to me is that Humalog 25 is mixed
Humalog Mix 25 is a 25% combination of Lispro insulin, fast -acting insulin analogue and 75% insulin suspension Lispro Protamina,

I spend some links
Link
Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/31/2021 4:35 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel the mix25 I used it before, what doubt do you have?

marine's profile photo
marine
05/31/2021 5:57 p.m.

@marine
Ah great.Then look at the initial message of
@Rifesa

I think he doesn't know that his insulin is a mixture and he doesn't know very well how he acts.I am curious

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/31/2021 6 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

ok @jldiazdel !!!!

@Rifesa, the Humalog Mix 25 is an insulin of mixtures.It contains 25% fast insulin and 75% slow insulin so every time you wear it you have to know this proportion p.e

If you get 12ud at lunch, you are putting 3 fast units and 9 units of slow.

So the question of whether you put it before or after the food in principle you must put it 10-15min before the food but be careful, this depends on each person .... for example I usually wear it just after the food.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/31/2021 6:08 p.m.

@Rifesa On the other hand when the forum talks about basal and quickly they are different treatments because in insulin feathers, the rapid and slow are separated .. not as in the mix25 that is all mixed.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/31/2021 6:09 p.m.

Thank you very much.And the theme d etomar dianben also to the same?On the other hand I have a problem at night awake sweaty in the middle of 4 -5 in the morning and with great heat this in principle also blamed it to hypoglycemia but when I measured some nights when I woke up I was over 140 that I thinkThat is no reason for that.Has anyone else had by type of type?

Rifesa's profile photo
Rifesa
05/31/2021 9:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.