Fast action insulin

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/07/2021 6:36 p.m.

Good I would like advice, for 6 years that debut as a diabetic I am using fast insulin Apidra (I do not know if new quicks have come out) the case is that sometimes when it goes up I usually prick a couple of units to regularize the rise and it is like it is likeIf water clicks me, it does nothing, I know that there are other fast insulins, Novarapid, Fiast, etc. I do not know if I should request change from more fast or like, and I would like to know if anyone has happened to him and how the fast ones work.
Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2021 6:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good sometimes, that happens for various reasons and are not always fixed with an insulin change.

The diet, the stress among other factors can make our ratio vary .... the first thing that would do would be to change the injection zone and if no notes of any change up 1ud .. if all this you have done already, and if what would askto the endocrine directly.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/08/2021 8:42 a.m.

With Novorapid it also happens to me.I tried fiasp and similar.
I think it has more to do with our body and its changes than with medications

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/08/2021 4:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
with novorapid also happens to me.I tried fiasp and similar.
I think it has more to do with our body and its changes than with medications

Yesterday, with 160 I took a cut coffee and said goes ... 2 und of fast humalog in my leg, in 180 stable it put me hahaha ... It's water .... I screwed it when I click on a leg.

By this I just mean that something as "simple" as the puncture zone is already a world.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/09/2021 8:23 a.m.

Jolin with the cut!
Yesterday I was 205, I put 2 units and at two hours 218, so I put another 2 and 45min of fitness, I got to 50. Did you accumulate?No idea, I only know that there are days that I need 2 units to correct and others more than 6.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/09/2021 6:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If it also happens to me that in the afternoon I measure myself and I have 200, I put 2 uni extra, at 20 minutes I have 240, I hope it remains stable in 240, do not go down, and try another 2 uni extra, go up to 260,It seems that insulin does not act as if it were water, after a couple of hours low to 220, but even if it is still high, I put 3 united, extras ... what madness

DiabetesForo
02/10/2021 9:07 a.m.

A question someone from you puts the insulin fast after meals instead of before?Some recommend before it makes better effect, but sometimes you click according to carbohydrates (you are going to eat a stewed dish, but a salad and an apple) you click you to that, but when you go to eat the stew plateDo not quite like it if you only eat half, the salad, you don't feel like it a bit and the apple was not good, a little green, if you throw it, you have set it moreinsulin you have eaten.
A mess of being diabetic.

DiabetesForo
02/10/2021 9:11 a.m.

Yes, yes, constantly.
What you can do is put half before eating and the other after, so if you change your quantities, it affects you less.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/10/2021 10:05 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have gone from Fiasp to Humalog Junior to have the possibility of putting half units and the truth is that I am very surprised with this insulin.It's a small brown beast!I have to put amounts that seem ridiculous.What with Fiasp would have been, for example, 5 units, with Junior Humalog is half.It has cost me more than one hiccup until you take the quiet.Or go to know if other aspects are influencing and still in limbo ...

@antonimar, I do sometimes do the insulin at the end of eating.Especially at dinner, which is when I tend to be low and my insulin sensitivity is very high.Imagine that night will start dinner with 80, take a cream of vegetables, chicken and a tangerine.Well, when I finish dinner, I have pending the Free and shed when I see that it is around 140;Now with the brown beast that dinner would be like a unit and a half.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
02/10/2021 10:33 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

I have been using Humalog Kwikpen many years, and although it is true that on some sporadic occasion it is as if it does not puncture me (or it takes one or two hours to take effect) I have to be careful because later it goes down too much.In fact I currently put 4-3-3 units if I am over 100 (I go up and low from 50 to 50) but what you say, that sometimes I almost insulin I need whether I can't take many hydrates or if I have cometo do sports or to be more active, especially in dinners.

As for putting it before or after me, sometimes before, sometimes later, what I have never tried is to do half before and half later.

Evazvi's profile photo
Evazvi
02/10/2021 1:16 p.m.

antonimar said:
a question someone from you puts the insulin fast after meals instead of before ???Some recommend before it makes better effect, but sometimes you click according to carbohydrates (you are going to eat a stewed dish, but a salad and an apple) you click you to that, but when you go to eat the stew plateDo not quite like it if you only eat half, the salad, you don't feel like it a bit and the apple was not good, a little green, if you throw it, you have set it moreinsulin you have eaten.
A mess of being diabetic.

Hello ... I try to apply before eating or just starting, so that it is doing effect ... if it happens to you that you stop eating and you already applied insulin, you will have to compensate with something the stew you did not eat (for examplewith another fruit).
I use a rapid Novorapid Penfill, which allows me to apply to 0.5 units ... for example 38 ravioli = 3.5 units ... and I am going barbaric ... greetings.

Alemeil's profile photo
Alemeil
02/15/2021 1:20 a.m.

Buenos Aires. Argentina.
DM 1 desde 2005 (35 años en ese entonces).
NovoRapid Penfil y Tresiba FlexTouch.
FreeStyle Libre 1 desde Agosto 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.