Hello, everyone

Maribel Olivares Ruano's profile photo   02/10/2021 10:08 a.m.

Good morning, I'm Mari, new here.I have read you and have registered since it feels that everything you comment here is very helpful.I tell you my recent experience.I have a 3 -year -old daughter, and on January 15 he debuted with an episode of hyperglycemia.With the symptoms he was having during the month of December they recommended to do the test on his finger and ready, he scored more than 600 .. and running to the hospital.We were confirmed by type 1 diabetes. A week ago they put the glucose sensor on his arm and we walk crazy.Before having it, the controls were before breakfast, mid -morning, lunch, snack, dinner and two h after dinner.Coinciding with the insulin doses, Humalog (D, A, M and C) and Levemir (D and 2h after dinner).As is so recent we are still adjusting the doses even more or less.But since it has the sensor, it happens to us that when having breakfast (milk and bread 3 portions) it rises almost to 300. today for example at 8 it was 2 of Humalog and 0.5 of mixed Lantus (weThey indicated it like this) and had breakfast and at the time he gave him that value.Before not having the sensor alert we don't know if it happened.The issue is, just as it goes up .. Then it goes down very quickly, and they have told us that it is because it is very sensitive to insulin ... since most of the media days arrives fair or hiccup.That's why I'm afraid to put more humalog.So we don't know what to do so that they don't give those peaks.We are thinking that he returns to school but it is complicated.Thank you very much for reading everyone
All the best

Maribel Olivares Ruano's profile photo
Maribel Olivares Ruano
02/10/2021 10:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"Maribel Olivares Ruano", first of all very encouragement, my parents happened exactly the same as you.With 3 years I went into a coma after several months with rare behaviors that no one knew what they were due, and after years of struggle, a difficult adolescence, little by little everything improved, and I can tell you that you have to be calm because inThe 90s when I got sick there were neither half of systems nor did they know as many things as today, at least here in my city it seemed that they had never seen a diabetic in pediatric, so everything will go well :)

I do not think that you should overwhelm at the beginning because the first months are very hard and under my experience the body of a little one responds as it implies, I also put me in 300 for no apparent reason and gave me lows without knowing why, besides, in additionIn my case with time we realized that what influences me most are the stress and being nervous, which today tried to take Rajataba doing relaxation and sports exercises that calm me like yoga.I also commented yesterday that after 15 years with a basal insulin Lantus they just changed to Tresiba, which is another guy who I am not used to and I am suffering peaks like the ones you have of your girl, and that I am already 30 years old anda lot of experience!So mood, you see that diabetes is not a science with magical formula, and I assure you that you will end up caught truquillos!Here we are for what you need!

Evazvi's profile photo
Evazvi
02/10/2021 10:27 a.m.

@"Maribel Olivares Ruano" If at two hours it goes down quickly, it doesn't need more insulin., but he is acting later that the food.
Sometimes it can be fixed by changing breakfast hydrates for more slow ones or waiting for a little more time between insulin and breakfast.
Breakfast peaks are the most frequent.
The most important thing is to get the value of glucosilada below 7.
Now with the sensors you have more information than before, but you have to verify that they are reliable values ​​by measurement with the normal glucometer.
Everything will do well.Much encouragement!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/10/2021 12:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for the comments.We had thought that, remove the milk that we think can detonating.

Maribel Olivares Ruano's profile photo
Maribel Olivares Ruano
02/10/2021 2:22 p.m.

The milk does not rise so much, the cookies, bread, fruit or cereals if.
Put the insulin about 20min before breakfast to avoid the beak, but as it is so small, be pending of the sensor in case the insulin acts before.In the morning, the body quickly absorbs everything we eat and it is added that some insulin resistance is usually had, so absorption speeds do not coincide with that of insulin.

I wait between 40-50 min, I start having breakfast when I see the arrow bowed down.Thus I avoid peaks.
With children it is more complicated but you will take the trick.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/12/2021 9:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.