Insulin enters blood: immediate hypoglycemia

jldiazdel's profile photo   06/01/2021 10:46 a.m.

Hello everyone
I think that in some subject I read some that had a rapid hypoglycemia when insulin entered by error in blood flow.It happened to me a long time ago with the fast insulin, but last night with the slow!

I put the slow (7 u in my case of Abasaglar) at 9 in the afternoon, I no longer had practically fast because I have very early.I noticed that some blood came out.But I didn't give importance.Luckily I wear it an hour before bedtime.At 9:30 the sensor began to sound.The graph was a strong drop from 120 to 80. Although this sensor has worked very well, I did not understand it.I wasn't bad yet.I did a hair control and came out 50 !!!The sensor was late in the descent.I did another control on another finger, and came out 51 !!I said shit.Now what do I do?I took a juice and honey.In total calculation that about 2 portions, and my wife took nasal glucagon in her hand.I feel and indeed, at 10 m to sweat like a chicken.It is my typical reaction to a very fast downturn.Fortunately, my hand did not tremble and except for sweat I was not very bad.Luckily it gave me time, thanks to the sensor notice, to take something.At 15 m I started recovering a little (the glucagon was not needed) and at the time I recovers and I was already in 120-130.

The problem is that the basal that entered into bloody flow was how it would have been lost.Tonight, the alarm has been pidered for being high.Something that almost never happens to me.I put a quick correction.I have seen this morning for the graph of the sensor Q at three hours of the rapid, the blood glucose rose again.I got up in 160. as if I didn't have basal!So I have put on the morning 4 u of basal, more or less half of the basal that I usually put on.I don't know if it will work! Everything is fine.

I do not know if you ever happened to the basal insulin and if you think that when entering blood flow I would have to have repeated the basal setting last night.

They would have to give us a veins detector!Well I hope not to repeat the bad experience

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/01/2021 10:46 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel to me when that happened to me with insulin the effect is as you say, it brings together in a very short time and then it is as if it will act.

The strange thing about noses is that it has happened with the basal that in theory has no peak of action.

For example, the last time was with the Humalox Mix25 that has a mixture of fast and slow and at 40min of dinner he whistled me in 82, I was already 50 and I finished in 36 .. I often welcomed ... and obviously later at 250For the rebound because I ate the frigo by the feet, I live alone and theme fainting + glucagon is not a good combination.

I do not know what explanation and I have an 40ud of Toujeo, if that happened to you with 7ud I do not want to imagine if that happens to me one day with mine .....

marine's profile photo
marine
06/01/2021 11:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To me daughter passed once with Lantus, he marked 11 the glucometer !!With spoonful sugar.It was the greatest scare I had.
Since then he always puts it on the buttock.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/01/2021 11:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With this issue, I think that for that reason, 4-5mm needles are being used and it is important to take the pinch for injection.

I am considering catching the tickeflex that for arm and ass

marine's profile photo
marine
06/01/2021 11:13 a.m.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/01/2021 11:17 a.m.

My novofine plus needles are 4 mm.But it is true that I put on the basal without any pinch (somewhere read that I don't miss), in the upper area of ​​the thigh, relatively close to the culete and something close to the hip bone.I imagine that a venilla passes through that area.
I think I will return to the pinch for a while!

jldiazdel
06/01/2021 11:17 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel The pinch is health say what they say, in the end it is we who suffer it and I only do not take the pinch is because I cannot see arm or ass.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/01/2021 11:20 a.m.

jldiazdel said:
hello everyone
I think that in some subject I read some that had a rapid hypoglycemia when insulin entered by error in blood flow.It happened to me a long time ago with the fast insulin, but last night with the slow!

I put the slow (7 u in my case of Abasaglar) at 9 in the afternoon, I no longer had practically fast because I have very early.I noticed that some blood came out.But I didn't give importance.Luckily I wear it an hour before bedtime.At 9:30 the sensor began to sound.The graph was a strong drop from 120 to 80. Although this sensor has worked very well, I did not understand it.I wasn't bad yet.I did a hair control and came out 50 !!!The sensor was late in the descent.I did another control on another finger, and came out 51 !!I said shit.Now what do I do?I took a juice and honey.In total calculation that about 2 portions, and my wife took nasal glucagon in her hand.I feel and indeed, at 10 m to sweat like a chicken.It is my typical reaction to a very fast downturn.Fortunately, my hand did not tremble and except for sweat I was not very bad.Luckily it gave me time, thanks to the sensor notice, to take something.At 15 m I started recovering a little (the glucagon was not needed) and at the time I recovers and I was already in 120-130.

The problem is that the basal that entered into bloody flow was how it would have been lost.Tonight, the alarm has been pidered for being high.Something that almost never happens to me.I put a quick correction.I have seen this morning for the graph of the sensor Q at three hours of the rapid, the blood glucose rose again.I got up in 160. as if I didn't have basal!So I have put on the morning 4 u of basal, more or less half of the basal that I usually put on.I don't know if it will work! Everything is fine.

I do not know if you ever happened to the basal insulin and if you think that when entering blood flow I would have to have repeated the basal setting last night.

They would have to give us a veins detector!Well I hope not to repeat the bad experience

GREETING

What a scare!I'm glad that everything was fine.
Reading the rest of the comments, I have worried.I never lame Pellizco, they didn't tell me.And at first I put the slow arm and with the 8 mm needles they gave me ... Luckily nothing happened to me.
Now I asked for 5 needles and I put it on the culete.I also need the pinch?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/01/2021 3:39 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

In the culete it is complicated that you can give you the pinch.In principle there are fewer veins and capillaries, especially in the back.
My problem was in the upper side of the thigh, where the culete begins, and under the bone of the hip.I also had a bad luck to take a vein!
all the best

jldiazdel
06/01/2021 3:53 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
In the culete it is complicated that you can give you the pinch.In principle there are fewer veins and capillaries, especially in the back.
My problem was in the upper side of the thigh, where the culete begins, and under the bone of the hip.I also had a bad luck to take a vein!
all the best

Is that having fat also has its advantages ... 😂😂😂😂
Take care of yourself.

isabelbota
06/01/2021 11:03 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

My son once happened at night, when it is normal to go up when he sleeps, that day he lowered him without stopping.I ask the endo and confirm and confirm that it is slow is impossible since there are studies that indicate that even if it will enter the blood at once its assimilation will be slow ...

Again I said, I said fuck because it is not normal for him to go down so much and so fast for a lot... what a fright ...

I think that if the slow one we put it when it still remains fast, it can confuse us and maybe that descent is because of the way of absorbing food and is more of the rapid than the basal.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
06/03/2021 9:43 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

@Pepeluis77

The quick I put it 3h before the basal, and only 2 units of fast

Tell your endocrine that put in basal insulin vein and then tell you

jldiazdel
06/03/2021 9:49 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@pepeluis77

The quick I put it 3h before the basal, and only 2 units of fast

Tell your endocrine that put in basal insulin vein and then tell you

😂😂😂😂

isabelbota
06/03/2021 9:50 p.m.

marine said:
with this topic, I think that for that reason the 4-5mm needles are being used and it is important to take the pinch for injection.

I am considering catching the tickeflex that for arm and ass

Where do they sell the tickeflex?Is it only for 5mm needles?.I use 8 mm for my obesity.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
06/06/2021 1:22 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
hello everyone

GREETING

Is there the veins detector?The same is even something for smartphone (with some accessory or something)?

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
06/06/2021 1:23 p.m.

Ahh I said in a joke, but maybe there is some pot !!😊

jldiazdel
06/06/2021 2:14 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, I use 8mm and the most that I do are multicolored brunette.I have the weak capillaries, I also have the occasional ischemia (red spring points).I have once told the doctor that if it extends I will look like Gorbachov, 😉

They told me that nothing pinches and always click the body, nothing inclined like heparin.

The basal in the buttock or legs, but in legs they come out more bruises.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2021 1:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I just grate with this "always horizontal to the body" will be perpendicular?

marine's profile photo
marine
06/07/2021 3:51 p.m.

Yes, if perpendicular, today I am a bit thick

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2021 7:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.