{'en': 'Metformin ... does it cause diarrhea?', 'es': 'La metformina... ¿provoca diarrea?'} Image

Metformin ... does it cause diarrhea?

JorgeDavid's profile photo   06/03/2021 3:42 p.m.

carito said:
yes.In fact it is a medicine that there are people who do not tolerate.You can give headaches, dizziness, gut pain and diarrhea.
When my endo prescribed it, he gave me the key to incorporating it little by little.
I started the first week with a half 850gr pill at meals.
The first day next to the bathroom.And in fact I lost weight.
The second week, I already took the full pill.
The third 1 at food and a half at dinner.
And finally in the fourth week, I already took the two full pills.0-1-1
It does not cause hypos.On the contrary.
A natural metformin is Berber.I also take it, and the moringa.They are plants that have been very good for me.
I also inject Apidra and Tresiba (it is the best slow) the Lantus gave me hypos in the morning.And the Tougeo did nothing to me, I had to inject many more units than with other brands.I don't know why.It was my particular case.
We are all different, so it is so important to share our experiences - it finally and eat few hydrates.From few to very few.

A question.
Do you use slow, fast insulin, metformin, berberine and moringa?All that?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/13/2021 11:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have diagnosed prediabetes type2. Very well, if you did not want to intervene in the forum, I will not do it. Thank you for everything.

JorgeDavid's profile photo
JorgeDavid
06/14/2021 3:03 p.m.

Debut prediabetes tipo 2 el 3-3-2021 con 37 años.
Glucosa 109
Glicosilada 4.9

@Jorgedavid

Ah sorry, I didn't want to be abrupt!I have hit the German customs

He only intended to encourage you.Of course, that you can enter and intervene in the forum whenever you want.But you have an excellent glycosilada.

Greetings and again apologies

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/14/2021 3:10 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jorgedavid said:
I have diagnosed

As Jldiazdel told you what we mean is that you don't need because you have great values.Go to another doctor and tell us ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/14/2021 3:53 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

carito said:
yes.In fact it is a medicine that there are people who do not tolerate.You can give headaches, dizziness, gut pain and diarrhea.
When my endo prescribed it, he gave me the key to incorporating it little by little.
I started the first week with a half 850gr pill at meals.
The first day next to the bathroom.And in fact I lost weight.
The second week, I already took the full pill.
The third 1 at food and a half at dinner.
And finally in the fourth week, I already took the two full pills.0-1-1
It does not cause hypos.On the contrary.
A natural metformin is Berber.I also take it, and the moringa.They are plants that have been very good for me.
I also inject Apidra and Tresiba (it is the best slow) the Lantus gave me hypos in the morning.And the Tougeo did nothing to me, I had to inject many more units than with other brands.I don't know why.It was my particular case.
We are all different, so it is so important to share our experiences - it finally and eat few hydrates.From few to very few.

Hello about the moriga, which is what you have more insulin or improve resistance.Sk I took it before but since they said as possible I stopped taking it and the truth is that it is very good

loli23's profile photo
loli23
06/14/2021 11:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would ask for a second opinion sincerely.I don't know what your doctor has seen

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/26/2021 5:38 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

jorgedavid said:
hello!

I wanted to know if metformin, at first causes diarrhea?

I have been told that I have to start taking ... and have I heard that it causes them very strong?

Thank you.

Metformin will prevent you from reaching diabetes.You have a very good glycosylated.Metformin is well known that causes diarrhea, but then your body gets used to.What you can do is start little.

How much did they send you metformin?Is it normal or prolonged release?In the mornings or at night?You have such a good glyc that with metformin, good food and exercise (walking is enough) you reversed everything, it is a fact!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2021 7:46 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

jorgedavid said:
I explain ... they tell me that in the last analytics I always get 108 or 110 ... the last 100 and therefore, they tell me that I am prediabetic and II understand either, I have lost 12 kilos in 3 months and glucose tests are always over 90 or 94 ... and for the doctor I consist as prediabetic ... They tell me that "I do to the idea" but with these levelsI would accept the disease, but with those levels ... in 3 weeks I have another analytical ... and will tell me more. What do you think?

Your levels are very good.109 is prediabetes but come on, each person is a world.With that glucosilada that you have without a doubt you are very good.Prediabetes is a condition that can lead you to diabetes, but good control can return to normal values.

A question, do you have yourself a glucometer?So that you measure yourself when you get up on an empty stomach and then 2 hours after eating and seeing the values.With that glucosilada, I can anticipate that your values ​​during the day are excellent ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2021 7:50 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Claaarooo, is the most frequent side effect of metformin.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/01/2021 6:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

jorgedavid said:
hello!

I wanted to know if metformin, at first causes diarrhea?

I have been told that I have to start taking ... and have I heard that it causes them very strong?

Thank you.

It depends on each person but if it makes you bad, it changes treatment with your treating doctor, the best and most expensive are glyphazines

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
07/06/2021 4:15 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.