Toujeo + Humalog and Sports

marine's profile photo   02/27/2021 8:41 p.m.

Hello good,

They recently changed me to the treatment that for almost 20 years I have taken from mixture insulins to which I mention in the title of the post.

The fact is that with the issue of pandemic because physical activity during the adjustment of the treatment was very little but now I am starting to move much more.

The fact is that I fish with corrections when I do sports and I have no assigned guideline because precisely with the theme of the Covid the nurses of my hospital do not give the classes for the free2 and it is hard for them to attend me.

Since surely you have this issue more than experienced because I ask to go ahead when they can attend me in the hospital.

Right now I have 32 of Toujeo at breakfast.
Humalog with a practically 1ud ratio for each ration of HC.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/27/2021 8:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@marine

You have been with DM1 for many more years and surely you know your body much better.

I can only tell you my experience with sport.But each body is very different in their reactions.I made a lot of sport before and I have achieved despite the Covid maintain my sport level more or less.Although with closed gyms (here in Germany they are closed) it is more complicated.

In any case, sport affects me to the basal.If I do a lot of sport that in a few days I have to download a unit.If I relax, in reverse.

Of course, I avoid sports until three hours to wear fast insulin.The movement, at least in my case, multiplies the effect of the rapid.That's why I usually play sports at noon before eating.Fast factors do not affect me.I even imagine that if I left the sport after a while it would affect me.

It does not affect me, but some of the muscles raise glycemia.I am not altered by glycemia, while I do cardio, if glycia lowers me.For example, if I see the sensor in 100 before playing sports I take half a liquid ration of carbohydrates.

I hope it serves you!Even though it is best regular to try how your body reacts

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/28/2021 1:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Ok, thanks for your feedback I am in mind

marine's profile photo
marine
02/28/2021 8:05 p.m.

Each case is a world, I get to.House of working at 4 less in the afternoon and as at this time, I do the year I do it around 5:0 or 6 according to the day PQ to another.I cannot, that is, when it is time and a half of having put the quick, yes, I wear very little, and yet I do not know it goes down at all.And from 8 in the afternoon it starts to climb and at night before dinner I have to put twice as quickly at lunch despite eating half of carbon h.It goes up if I make more anaerobic or musculation, a.Times a barbarity, so if I know I am going to do it and I am in 140 or so, I put something quick before (never after after two hours I have a safe hypo) and as something, still I always see that IIt goes up, what happens is that it is usually an effect of half an hour or three quarters and then it goes down.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/03/2021 8:45 p.m.

meginer said:
each case is a world, I get to.House of working at 4 less in the afternoon and as at this time, I do the year I do it around 5:0 or 6 according to the day PQ to another.I cannot, that is, when it is time and a half of having put the quick, yes, I wear very little, and yet I do not know it goes down at all.And from 8 in the afternoon it starts to climb and at night before dinner I have to put twice as quickly at lunch despite eating half of carbon h.It goes up if I make more anaerobic or musculation, a.Times a barbarity, so if I know I am going to do it and I am in 140 or so, I put something quick before (never after after two hours I have a safe hypo) and as something, still I always see that IGo up, what happens is that it is usually an effect of half an hour or three quarters and then goes down.

Silly question .. Could it be more basal?Because the opposite happens to me.When I exercise, he stays at RALLA ... but as soon as I finish and pass 10-15min it starts to go down.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/04/2021 9:03 a.m.

Do you get up with good values?If so, do not change the basal.
The effect of the exercise is not immediate, it takes a bit to be reflected in the blood glucose and if you carry a sensor there are about 15 min of difference.
In my body the aerobic exercise usually lowers glycemia the days without file X, of course.
The bodybuilding uploads to me, to avoid it I do strength exercises after the aerobic.

Before, if I exercised regularly I had to go down basal, I don't need now.I am stable.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/08/2021 11:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Are you lifted with good values?If so, do not change the basal.
The effect of the exercise is not immediate, it takes a bit to be reflected in the blood glucose and if you carry a sensor there are about 15 min of difference.
In my body the aerobic exercise usually lowers glycemia the days without file X, of course.
The bodybuilding uploads to me, to avoid it I do strength exercises after the aerobic.

Before, if I exercised regularly I had to go down basal, I don't need now.I am stable.

The aerobic acts at 15min to finish ... I give you the example 30min of bike and it remains stable .. as I finish because that ... at 15min it starts to go down.

Now ... my appeal question was because going out to ask a route in the forest with some friends, walk .. and there it was not reflected so much in blood glucose but then at night it did go down more and I had to have dinner hydrates without putting meJust fast to compensate and how I am new with this guideline of there my doubts.

In fact, updating data ... I was with 32 from Toujeo and this week that I have not done any exercise I looked bad and I went up to 34.Now I am well, however it does not fail that from 20:00 it goes down very little by little ... Ceno 1 ration of HC without insulin .. climb a little (I went to bed with 160) and then only during the night it goes downgradually until I get up as today.

The endocrine told me that the toujeo could cause nocturnal hypos and that is what I am starting to see, and there are people that I have read that for that reason it was changed to Tresiba but I have also read that the toujeo is the flattest and no longerWhat to think.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/08/2021 12:07 p.m.

Have you tried to change Toujeo's schedule?In the morning?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/08/2021 6:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Have you tried to change the toujeo schedule?In the morning?

I put it in the morning

marine's profile photo
marine
03/08/2021 7:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.