{'en': 'GMI in Freestyle and HBA1C', 'es': 'GMI en Freestyle y HbA1c'} Image

GMI in Freestyle and HBA1C

Lucia70's profile photo   06/06/2021 2:25 p.m.

Hello.

I would like to know if the data offered by Freestyle in its GMI reports are approximate to the Laboratory HBA1C.

My son did the blood test when entering the emergency room and they have not done it again. How much is usually the usual?

We know that when its HBA1C entered it was 9.3%.And now in the reports of Libreview, 6.4% GMI comes out.Until 6 months he has no appointment with the endocrine, and it was to know if he is on the right track

All the best,
Lucia

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
06/06/2021 2:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The sensors are approximate.If the sensors have worked well the calculation is more precise.
But even being approximate calculations where appropriate it seems that it is on the right track !!
Excellent

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/06/2021 2:34 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

To me, the edition of glyd that the sensor gives me usually over 0.3-0.4.I am agitated according to the.SEMSIE in 6.1, in blood at least 6.5, I have verified it on several occasions.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/06/2021 4:20 p.m.

Sorry, I wanted to say that the sensor gives it 0.3-0.4 below the blood

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/06/2021 4:21 p.m.

Hi @Lucia70,

As the companions commented to you, it is approximate, it depends as they tell you on the accuracy of the sensor but more or less it is going well.

The ideal is up to 5.7% for a Normaglycemia, a diabetic with good control is around 6-6.5% so it is great.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/06/2021 5:21 p.m.

Freestyle always gives me less.
You can get an idea, but 100% is not.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/06/2021 9:41 p.m.

The sensor gave me 5.3 and the analytics gave me 5.9.
My brother gave 6.2 and the analytics gave him 6.3.
That is, there is a difference but it is clear that your child is on the right track.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/06/2021 11:10 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

lucia70 said:
hello.

I would like to know if the data offered by Freestyle in its GMI reports are approximate to the Laboratory HBA1C.

My son did the blood test when entering the emergency room and they have not done it again. How much is usually the usual?

We know that when its HBA1C entered it was 9.3%.And now in the reports of Libreview, 6.4% GMI comes out.Until 6 months he has no appointment with the endocrine, and it was to know if he is on the right track
All the best,
Lucia

Free makes an estimate from the measures, so that it incorporates their error and the imprecision of the correlation.

First of all, the value is only reliable with 3 months of data.Then, in my experience, it is reliable in the sense of variation, that is, if the glycosilada improves, the estimate of the free and vice versa.

However, I have never been very far from 6. Right now, he tells me 6.2, and in the analysis last week 5.9.And that despite the fact that I think the free tends to measure low with respect to capillary.It caught my attention, on other occasions it seemed more.

Good luck with the kid.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/13/2021 2:14 p.m.

lucia70 said:
hello.

All the best,
Lucia

It always matches me.Once there was a small difference, the analysis was inferior to the Free forecast, but the rest of the time it has been exact.

Leyretxu's profile photo
Leyretxu
06/13/2021 9:48 p.m.

I take this question.How long should it happen for free to show you the estimate?I've been with him for 3 days and I can't find info about this data.
Greetings.

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
07/04/2021 9:26 a.m.

From the first day you show it to you.In the menu where AC1 says.
Another thing is that with a few days it is not a reliable fact, but you can see it.

isabelbota
07/04/2021 5:26 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
From the first day you show it to you.In the menu where AC1 says.
Another thing is that with a few days it is not a reliable fact, but you can see it.

Thanks for answering, but no, I don't show it.

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
07/04/2021 10:12 p.m.

Wow, I don't know, I remember that since I looked at her the first time, and I had been calculated ...
Maybe you need at least a week ...
You tell me when you get out, that I have been curious ...

isabelbota
07/04/2021 10:35 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
go, well I don't know, I remember that since I looked at her the first time, and I had been calculated ...
Maybe you need at least a week ...
You tell me when you get out, that I have been curious ...

It has this 👍
And as you say it will not be very reliable until it has a good amount of measurements.
Greetings

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
07/05/2021 1:06 a.m.

On the sixth day it has come out.

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
07/06/2021 2:56 p.m.

xmike said:
The sixth day has come out.

Ok, thank you.It sounded to me that I left very soon ...

isabelbota
07/07/2021 8:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.