Doubt meters

Soniii's profile photo   06/09/2021 1:47 p.m.

Hello!I wanted to consult one thing, I have gone to the health center to see if they had a ketonic meter, since they have put the bomb and needed it, and they have given me the 2K areo glucomen and they have told me that for not having two meters, deliverThe One Touch Select Plus that I have been using, and I stayed with the glucomen so as not to have two meters.The case that I wanted to ask for opinion if you know them and which is better and more reliable, to choose the glucomen for everything or the One Touch for blood glucose.I have been looking for but I have not found anything, neither the Mard nor anything.Thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/09/2021 1:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

In general, sulen glucómentes will be very similar in terms of MRD, try to see which one you feel most comfortable with.Anyway, they have never asked me to deliver the old one and that in my case they have changed it several times, between that one broke down, then for the sensors, then they stopped providing the strips of it in my community,etcThey in theory would have to throw it so you better stay in case one is lost or if you are not happy with the new one you return to the second.

All the best!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
06/09/2021 9:50 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

@"Niñaburbuja" At the moment I have both at home, but they have told me that if they tell him something from above why I have two, they can take away one, I will wait for the moment, thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/09/2021 9:56 p.m.

@SONII, to measure ketones, there are also very cheap urine strips.
And if you control the glucose, you are already controlling the ketones too .., I do not see very necessary to measure ketones ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2021 11:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina with bomb there are variables that do not depend on controlling well basal and ratios, such as catheter obstruction, bent cannula, etc., that need a quick action and have controlled ketones, fortunately it does not always happen, but having the possibility we must have it

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/10/2021 9:29 a.m.

All are similar.
The last one they gave me is the One Touch and I don't like anything.I have had a few and this for me is the worst.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/10/2021 3:26 p.m.

@Anaisabel Thank you!I will take it into account

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/10/2021 3:43 p.m.

Hello good!Well, in my community they finance the strips of the Glucomen Areo 2K so it is the one I use for everything.I also carry a bomb and needed a meter that had both measurements.They gave it to me in February, and in my opinion, its function perfectly fulfills although I think there are much better meters.Many times, and I know it is normal, but the values ​​in the 2K areo are usually a tighter higher than in others.And it is already my second meter, since the first one I had to deliver because I asked me to update the date and time every time I inserted a strip.But I also tell you, when I called the Menarini line in less than 24h I had another meter at home and they were very understanding and friendly with me.

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
06/11/2021 6:26 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3
HbA1C 5.7% (Junio 2021) / 5.9% (Octubre 2021)

@Andrem usually gives me less value than others.At the moment I have both still.Thank you!

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
06/11/2021 6:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.