Gestational diabetes.GBA

lolott's profile photo   06/09/2021 2:04 p.m.

I introduce myself.Diagnosed with gestational diabetes on week 28. First we tried control with diet and exercise and managed that postpandracials will not go from 140 except something very punctual.The basal ones, week by week they have been shooting more and more and almost from the beginning they have been high.

For pregnant women they put the cut by 95 maximum.As I said I started the first week around that amount until month and a half later reached a daily average of 115-120.They put me insulin (Levemir at night, starting starting 10 units).The nutritionist told me that with insulin the objective was to be in 80-85 but after 2 weeks the basal continues in 115-120.The same data that it had (except the first week that it was around 100).

I have been uploaded again.I'm going for 14, but nothing.I continue in 110. It seems as if I did nothing.I puncture around 23.30.

I have asked me to click at dawn to see if the morning is the rebound effect.I started this morning and at 3.30 I gave me 121 (I finished dinner at 9.30 pm and at the time I was 120) and this morning on fasting 107. I don't know what explanation to find all this.

They have also stressed that GBA data in gestational diabetes can respond to pre-pregnancy pre-diabetes.They made me glycosilada a couple of weeks ago and gave me 5.2 and the analytics of the first pregnancy quarter gave me 79 of fasting glucose (in vein).

What can the non -regulation of basal glucose be due to inject insulin?How is it possible that I have the same data as when I did not prick insulin?Do you think that prediabetes is possible, taking into account that the basal gave me good in the first quarter and that glycosilada also did well?

I have no overweight (54.5 kilos and 1.63 high before pregnancy).I exercise a lot (before and now) and as very healthy.

Thanks in advance.

lolott's profile photo
lolott
06/09/2021 2:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@lolott

I do not understand much gestational diabetes, but in the forum I hope someone gives you more information.

Just tell you that taking into account the error of the glucometer, I think something is working for you.With 14 units at night you now have 110 on an empty stomach.That can really be 95. I honestly seem acceptable to me.But logically the closer to 100 the better.For what you have, it seems that it has worked better to put the basal at night.
You can try to increase in two other units.
Take a lot of walks, especially after eating, it helps digest carbohydrates, and prevents satuate fats and carbohydrates of sweets, rice, potatoes, pizzas, etc.Keep eating healthy.
With 5.2% glycosilada I do not see pre diabetes at all.
From what I have seen, most people with gestational diabetes then return to normal, but there are always all kinds of cases.Your advantage is not having overweight.

Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/09/2021 2:55 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.