Doubt with reactive hypoglycemia.

Josex3's profile photo   06/13/2021 2:54 a.m.

Hello good day, late or night depending on where they read me.

I have a big doubt that eats my head daily with hypoglycemia.

First of all, it can be clarified, I am not diabetic, and secondly I am a person already diagnosed with anxiety disorder
But I have the suspicion that reactive hypoglycemia could have and I wanted to comment on my symptoms to know if they fit their experiences with hypoglycemia

Reactive hypoglycemia is when a person eats and at the hours sugar is lowered because it produces a lot of insulin.

The theme is as follows, especially at night when I have not eaten to sweat (although it is not cold) and I feel great hunger, somewhat voracious and I get in a bad mood, if I spend a lot of time I feel my heart to a thousand, a feeling ofThey fainted, tremors only in my hands and it is difficult for me to get up and move anywhere.

Sometimes I feel that I can't think clearly and I can't express myself well with words.

I never put pale or fainted.

Do all these symptoms fit with their hypoglycemia?Or they are simply anxiety attacks.

When it happens I take some sugar and I feel better sometimes, sometimes the symptoms are maintained for up to 4 hours.

I did some sugar exams and they were like that.

A fast after 12 hours: 78 mg/dl
A fast after 8 hours: 68mg/dl and after eating, 2 hours later 90 mg/dl.

Thank you very much for your time.

Josex3's profile photo
Josex3
06/13/2021 2:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Josex3, those symptoms can coincide with anxiety crisis or hypoglycemia, but 68 glucose is not for symptoms either.You say that it happens to you at night if you do not eat, then dinner.It seems to me that you are very good, but if you are not calm they will have to do more studies, the glycosilada, or the peptidoc ...
What has the doctor told you?
Do you have treatment for that anxiety?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2021 5:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina Thank you very much for answering

That is my problem ... I don't know if they will be hypoglycemia or anxiety attacks.

Regarding dinner, always as, I referred to that sometimes it took me a little more or I particularly restless I get very bad.

My doctor was seeing me with a face that I was crazy ... He is excellent had been watching me for years, but says that reactive hypoglycemia does not exist.

Anxiety for an anxiety, and started an improvement, but today I felt to faint.

Josex3's profile photo
Josex3
06/13/2021 5:53 a.m.

I do not understand much of reactive hypoglycemia, but I think I have read that they occur after eating hydrates and the pancreas discharges too much insulin., That is why they decrease the amount of hydrates and put a diet, when they appear.
It first treats anxiety and, if not improved, that they complete you with more studies.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2021 5:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Another thing you can do is when you have those symptoms, measure glycemia so you will know if you are with hypoglycemia.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/13/2021 9:17 a.m.

Hi @Josex3 The symptoms of hypoglycemia and anxiety are "similar".The only way to know if you have hypoglycemia is to make a capillary when you notice the symptoms you describe.If you are below 70 you have hypoglycemia.I hope your symptoms improve because feeling them for hours should be terrible.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/13/2021 12:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Josex3

I think the best as they have told you and to get out of doubt is that a capillary meter buy you in a pharmacy.They are nothing expensive and sell them without a recipe and buy you 10 or if you want a package of 50 reactive strips.They are very easy to use.It is important that you practice a little one day and always remember before a capillary measurement, you wash your hands very well and dry them well.

When you get that sweat, you make hair control.If you are below 60 then it is hypoglycemia.If this is the case, see the doctor to understand that it causes you those drops of blood glucose.

It is best to understand what happens to us and why, although sometimes it is not easy.It is clear that something happens to you, for anxiety or whatever.

Buy a glycemia meter in a pharmacy, anyone, with reactive strips compatible with that meter.You will be quieter

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/13/2021 2:06 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.