{'en': 'Medtronic 640 sensor', 'es': 'Sensor de Medtronic 640 se despega'} Image

Medtronic 640 sensor

Mjj's profile photo   06/13/2021 7:14 p.m.

Hi, I'm new with the sensor connected to the pump, I have a 640.

There is no way to stay stuck, it takes off with anything and if I bathe in pool or beach ...

Anyway, before 24 hours, I have taken off ...

What could you do?

Thank you!!

Mjj's profile photo
Mjj
06/13/2021 7:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, the sensor that I use is the free2 but I understand that they take off for the same .. heat .. sweat in the end the glue yields ..

I use Cavilon 3M in spray, there are also companions who use Skin Tac, Nobecuta ...

There are several solutions

marine's profile photo
marine
06/13/2021 7:37 p.m.

Thank you Marine, but there is no way, with the guardian 2 link, as it is not flat, my apostites are lifted, I get air ... and it takes off at the hours ... and if it baths ... well itAlso, I cover myself with tape but when getting wet ... Well, it's out .... I don't know what to do ....

Mjj's profile photo
Mjj
06/16/2021 12:30 p.m.

Hi there!I carry the 3. And the truth is that I never take off the sensor.In fact, to remove it I have to "start" the adhesive of the skin and it hurts 😂
Have you tried to look for a spray or wipe?If you could not comment with your Medtronic representative.I feel not being able to help you much more 😬

AndreM's profile photo
AndreM
06/16/2021 1:18 p.m.

MiniMed 780G
Guardian Connect 3
HbA1C 5.7% (Junio 2021) / 5.9% (Octubre 2021)

@MJJ

Have you tried Skin Tac?They are wipes that stick like a demon.That if you have to put on some gloves and then open the wipe, rubbed in the area and I tell 30 seconds.Then you put the aposty or sensor.It would be weird that it didn't work for you!But well each skin is very different.

Protect your skin and everything is stuck.It works very well to avoid allergies and improve the adhesion of the sensor.

The pharmacies do not sell it.I buy it via Amazon

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/16/2021 6:35 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hold that glue the bathrooms in the pool and on the beach ???
I will try it
Thank you very much

Mjj's profile photo
Mjj
06/16/2021 11:49 p.m.

In theory the sensors can endure half an hour of water, more/less.In theory.The Skin Tac will give you more security.But it depends on each skin.For security, you can put yourself on top of a band of wide kines that is waterproof, you can find them in pharmacies, I think (put on the sensor some gauze, so when you remove the band does not take the sensor).It is a bit laborious, but well, I is what I went to the beach.With the pandemic, I have already forgotten the color of the sea !!!

Greetings and I hope it works.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/17/2021 10:54 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello.
With sport and sweat and especially bad baths.

Medtronic sensors take off more easily than those of the freestyle, I don't know why but it gives me the impression that adherence in these cases is not well achieved, especially it happens to me in summer.

When the dressings around the sensor begin to take off the sensor I cut the raised parts and put on myself on an adhesive elastic band (the trim and I am placing it covering the detached and cut parts and the sensor)

To me the best is elastic sellThey solve almost nothing.

Even so, you are not free from ever taking off at all.

greetings.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
06/21/2021 1:17 p.m.

I use Guardian 3 and in summer I reinforce the tegaderm because it is true that there are more showers, beach ... etc and hardly endures a week

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
06/26/2021 7:46 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.