Toujeo

martina3444's profile photo   06/15/2021 8:40 p.m.

Hello good, I have many nocturnal hypoglycemia and I have read that it would be an option to change my injection time (right now I put it at 11 at night).Does anyone know how to change the time?

martina3444's profile photo
martina3444
06/15/2021 8:40 p.m.

DM1, hbA1c (mayo 21): 6'5
Voy al gimnasio, sobre todo ejercicio anaerobico.

I would get half a dose at night and already the entire dose in the morning.
Or you can go ahead two hours every day ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/15/2021 9:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is something that I have pending with the endocrine but I understand and using a little the logic that it is normal to stay a few hours without insulin and the one that touches at night, do not wear it and wear it the next morning.

I have the basal when one day I have put it a little later I have not noticed much.I think the danger is when you advance it that you overlap the effect of both injections.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/15/2021 11:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With threeiba they must spend 8h between one dose and another so the time change is simple.I don't know how to do it with Toujeo, but in the prospect he may tell you something about it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/16/2021 6:17 p.m.

Toujeo has a margin of +/- 3 hours;I would advance the +3 hours until you arrived at the desired time.You can also reduce the dose to avoid hypos in the overlap hours until you arrive at your time.

In my case I always put it in the night and I have no hypos, it is very flat, perhaps you should reduce units to avoid hypoglycemia.For the day you go well?If you have excess toujeo, you will be using little fast insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/17/2021 8:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
toujeo has a margin of +/- 3 hours;I would advance the +3 hours until you arrived at the desired time.You can also reduce the dose to avoid hypos in the overlap hours until you arrive at your time.

In my case I always put it in the night and I have no hypos, it is very flat, perhaps you should reduce units to avoid hypoglycemia.For the day you go well?If you have excess toujeo, you will be using little fast insulin.

For the day I usually be well, but I always usually lift myself in the morning with some hypoglycemia.If under the toujeo more then I am a little higher and I don't like it either.

martina3444's profile photo
martina3444
07/11/2021 8:09 p.m.

DM1, hbA1c (mayo 21): 6'5
Voy al gimnasio, sobre todo ejercicio anaerobico.

Martina344 said:
ruthbia said:
toujeo has a margin of +/- 3 hours;I would advance the +3 hours until you arrived at the desired time.You can also reduce the dose to avoid hypos in the overlap hours until you arrive at your time.

For the day I usually be well, but I always usually lift myself in the morning with some hypoglycemia.If under the toujeo more then I am a little higher and I don't like it either.

That happens to me.I will tell the endocrine in case you have to change to threeiba

marine's profile photo
marine
07/11/2021 10:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.