Help with Freestyle 2 !!!

elisa74's profile photo   03/10/2021 11:50 p.m.

Good night, yesterday afternoon we first put my son the Freestyle 2 patch, for now we have synchronized it with the sensor because he has an iPhone 6 and the application does not work with that mobile (we are already looking at another compatible),I also lowered the app in my mobile and created the account.At 3 in the morning that began to whistle that I almost fell out of the scare bed, the sensor marked 63 !!!I did the capillary test and gave 113, I lay down and at 5 he started whistling again ... and I ran again ... the sensor marked 68 but this time I did not do the capillary test because I thought it was anotherError and I went toNight table, less than 1 meter ... Can the heat influence the sleeping posture ... etc?Or it was because it was the first night.
And then the other doubts I have, ... From this morning we are pointing out the values ​​that the sensor and capillary gives, it is not that the differences are exaggerated but there are (+11, -22, +7, -2, +11, +17), that is +11 is that the sensor gave 11 above etc., so seeing that there are oscillations ... to what extent can I trust the sensor reading to apply the doses and do without capillary?Or do you also keep the capillary at all meals?The sensor is supposed to have put him so that at least while he is in the school, he would not be punctured in his finger ... but I don't know what to think, I am more insecure than before the patch !!!Thanks and forgive for the Tostón.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/10/2021 11:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it's 2: 30h and it has happened again ... the alarm has just been ring) and 77, and capillary 111 ... I don't understand, because this happens ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/11/2021 2:34 a.m.

I put the measure of the 4h (for the moment I measure the sugar at this time because on Tuesday the lantus was adjusted again because it was put in 70 or so at 4h), it has given 110 capillary and 107 in the sensor, orWhether the problem is about 2-3h in the morning that for whatever the sensor marks 60 and peak and jumps the alarm, to see if someone can help me now to sleep from pulling until 8 (What a luxury!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/11/2021 4:08 a.m.

Hello good,
The first day also does me strange things, I have come to have differences of almost 100. If you can influence your way of sleeping, the same without realizing it, it leaned on the sensor and measures it badly, if it happened to you every night then then thenI would choose to turn off the alarms at night.The heat of the shower also influences (I wait half an hour after leaving the shower because otherwise it gives me much more).
I less the first day (when I see that he does not fit what he says) and when I see that I have 85 with an arrow in peak down I totally fio of the sensor measure since the differences do not greatly affect what II have to click.I calculate the bolus with the Fordiappbetics app with the values ​​that the sensor has put or with the capillary in case I had to prick but it is only for Android

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
03/11/2021 8:53 a.m.

elisa74 said:
I put the measure of the 4h (for the moment I measure the sugar at this time because on Tuesday the lantus was adjusted again because it was put in 70 or so at 4h), has given 110 capillary and 107 in the sensor, that is, the problem is about 2-3h at dawn that for whatever the sensor marks 60 and peak and jumps the alarm, to see if someone can help me... Ale now to sleep until 8 (luxury! hahaa) Thank you !!

I can tell you from your own experience that it is possibly to sleep supported on the sensor, being in that position the sensor is heated a bit and gives lower values ​​of the real value.
When that happens to me, I measure me when the alarm jumps and then I wait a few minutes and measure myself because the sensor "cools" and already gives more real values ​​a bit higher.

jasom's profile photo
jasom
03/11/2021 9:01 a.m.

The nurse told me that the reader could give false hypos if he slept support him a long time.With regard to whether we trust Free's readings, I will tell you that yes, once I see that this particular reader is going well, I no longer puncture myself with the glucometer (I only do it in case of doubts).For me it would not make much sense to have to repeat the measurements (capillary and sensor).

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/11/2021 9:28 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Thank you very much for the answers, just an hour ago has called me its educator to see how we were, I have commented on the sensor and he has told me that it can effectively be for the "pisa phenomenon" and that is why you say, that heBetter relies on that side to sleep and gives false hypos ... I will take it into account, although for now I still do not dare to take away the alarm at night ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/11/2021 10:58 a.m.

I would not even remove the alarms either.It is soon, and even if it is annoying to have to get up at night, you will always be calmer.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/11/2021 11:18 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Elisa74, although you have already experienced I tell you ....

-It has 3 days I have come to have an mismatch between sensor and capillary.
-Then if the sensor gives heat as cold, the readings vary .... Example a hot shower ... or beach ...
-You will have sensors that have 20% margin or even more ... when the manufacturer says that between 9% and 13%.
-You will have sensors that stop working before 14 days and you will have to claim return.
-You will have moments of reading where it tells you that it is not possible for you to wait for 10 minutes.
-Tendras moments where you get alarm of signal loss and have to make a scan to reestablish the signal.

With all this I can tell you that it is best to seek to use in addition to the officer an app called XDRIP or DIABOX to have automatic constant readings, it makes it CGM and thus you see the fluctuations better.

There is a Facebook group called Nightscout and there is quite info.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/11/2021 11:32 a.m.

Thank you very much @marine, I will investigate this weekend of the apps that you tell me and that of FB, the more information the better!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/11/2021 1:22 p.m.

@Elisa74 Another thing that also helps is to place the 24h sensor before activating it.Thus you minimize the initial discrepancies

marine's profile photo
marine
03/11/2021 2:19 p.m.

@Marine Ah Yes?, that is, the next one that touches it, I put it on it and the mobile or the sensor did not pass in 24 hours, is it like that?

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/11/2021 5:49 p.m.

elisa74 said:
@marine ah yes?, that is, the next one that touches it, I put it on and the mobile or the sensor did not pass in 24 hours, it is like this?

that's how it is

marine's profile photo
marine
03/11/2021 6:06 p.m.

Well, discrepancies are normal and common.I use it since 2016.

I have the sensor in the buttock and sleep without problems.That implies on him almost all night.
I make my hair if the measure it offers does not fit me.

The last ones have been stuck in capillary, small chorretones of blood when I inserted them, but mysteriously measure just as evil, when before if you caught capillary they were very exact.I have variations of 20 or 50 between glucometer, capillary measure, LibreLink and Diabox.The most reliable free glucometer.

For the iPhone Instaltalé Diabox from the developer's website, so you don't have to change your mobile and have alarms, it is also calibrated with hair measures.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/12/2021 6:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.