{'en': 'Maltitol or other sweetener', 'es': 'Maltitol u otro edulcorante'} Image

Maltitol or other sweetener

bertab79's profile photo   06/20/2021 4:44 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I have seen that the theme of the sweeteners has been discussed above but I do not finish clarifying.I am a 16 -month -old baby who has debuted only 2 in type I diabetes. They do not finish finding a guideline that maintains something stable and when we are not with hypos we are in hyper and we cannot yet correct what manySometimes he stays without snacking his rations of hydrates and must replace him with something that does not carry hydrates such as ham or cheese and being so small eats little.

I am trying to make muffins or something with almond and egg flour and some sweetener but I have tried erititrol or the estvia of Mercadona (which I have seen that it is also erythithrol) and I do not end the aftertaste that it leaves.I have seen that many of the sugar things they sell carry Maltitol, but I have been reading and people recommend tagatosa or the Daynet sweeteners.

You can clarify a bit and tell me which resist the heat of cooking in oven and they don't know much.

Thank you

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/20/2021 4:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my view the best is erythrith.That if you have less sweetening power than sugar so you should put more.The body is not able to absorb carbohydrates of erythrion so as they enter they come out and in terms of flavor it is the most similar to sugar for us.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/20/2021 9:47 p.m.

I use sucralous to bake or heat.I like the taste, and this does not change when the sweetener will heat.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/21/2021 12:14 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

And the proportion of sucralose is the same as sugar?I'm going to look at it because erythithrol I don't like anything, the truth

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/21/2021 12:47 p.m.

@bertab79 no, you have to throw a lot of sugar than sugar (this sweetener sweetens enough).In the preductive container, it tells you the equivalences, both in grams and in tablespoons.I use Sucralín, it is the commercial name.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/21/2021 8:17 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

The relationship is 1 gram of sucralose is equivalent to 5 gr.of sugar

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
06/21/2021 8:34 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you so much!!

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/21/2021 9:46 p.m.

So that I tried erythritiol, I don't change it for anything.I only use liquid saccharin for when I make a cake (gluten or sugar) in the oven because erythritol does not endure heat.By the way, I buy it on Amazon.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
06/26/2021 7:48 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

I really appreciate your message because that is what happens to me, that I use it for the biscuits because they told me that if I endured.

Have I recently bought sugaflor, do you know it?I am waiting for me to arrive.

I have also bought Sucralosa, to see which one I liked the most

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/26/2021 9:07 a.m.

Hello!My girl is almost 4 years old and debuted with 2 and a half.I prepare blueberry muffins and love.I pass you recipe:
- 120gr of blueberries (with the richest are with Lidl frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 150gr.of almond flour (use of Mercadona)
- 50ml of milk
- 35gr of erythritol
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla coffee
- 1 teaspoon of cake yeast coffee
- 1 salt pinch

First crush the blueberries (if you are not frozen you have to strain), then mix with the rest of the ingredients and baked.

Preheated oven at 180 degrees and you put them about 20-25 min also at 180.

Using Mercadona paper muffins of paper, I get rid of them because I freezed them because the first time I put them in a tupper and at 2 days they were full of mold.
To defrost, a touch of microwave and voila.

Jenni_Mel's profile photo
Jenni_Mel
06/28/2021 9:35 a.m.

Thank you so much!!!

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/28/2021 10:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.