{'en': '16 -month -old baby and debut', 'es': 'Bebé de 16 meses y debut'} Image

16 -month -old baby and debut

bertab79's profile photo   06/20/2021 4:59 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I am the mother of a 16 -month -old baby who debuted two months ago.

I imagine that being so small their control is difficult because they have told us that they are very sensitive and that anything affects them, well the growth hormone, the snacks, the teeth, the mood.

They change your guideline every week, it is with Levemir and Humalog Junior although they do not finish adjusting and is still quite high.At the moment they do not let them make corrections and overwhelm a bit to see him in values ​​of 270 a few hours and not be able to give him the snack or the mid -morning.Anyway, I suppose it will be a matter of testing with the dose that best suits.Now they have put the Medtronic Enlite sensor and at least we do not have to do so many glycemia controls as before, which is already a step

I will be delighted with readers and see your experiences with your diabetes and your children.

Thank you so much!!!

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/20/2021 4:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.I can help you little.My son debuted 5 months ago, he is 16 years old.But here there are great people who will surely give you a thousand advice to make it more bearable.Much encouragement.Today, technology helps a lot

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
06/20/2021 5:12 p.m.

Hi Berta:
I can only send you courage and a lot of strength.As the father of a 4 -year -old girl who was diagnosed in October last year I can only send you a lot of strength.I hope you can find a guideline that allows you to live somewhat calmer.

What we have learned in these months is that this is a background struggle and studying trends, food, sleep phases ...

I also encourage you to start collaborating with foundations such as Diabetes Zero, the Miami Institute for Research Against Diabetes and also with the Canada Association.

We do it regularly and it is what the most mental peace gives us in hard times.

All the best
ISI

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/20/2021 9:45 p.m.

@Bertab79, my daughter started with 5 years and I remember that she corrected her with half unity, she already lowered 50.
Although they did not teach us to correct at that time, everything was to go down with exercise.
I guess you will have half -unit syringes, which maybe you can adjust to a quarter of a unit.
I think you can try half unity, if it is at 270 and see how much it goes down.
Watching with a sensor, you will learn a lot.
It is a matter of knowing how insulin and hydrates are affecting him, and slowly learning to handle it.As it grows it is easier, and you will have to adjust doses to growth.
Little by little you will dominate him., Without fear.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/21/2021 1:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for your answers, encourage you to read parents of children who have happened the same thing we are happening now.

We do not use syringe, we use junior humalog bolis of fast and at the moment they do not let us correct because we are going to hypoglycemia at all with only 0, 5. It is a 16 -month -old baby and it is an earthmotin, so the exercise is the only thing that is the only thing thatIt does, that it does not stop, as it is that until when it is in 60 it is getting into the sofa and throwing things to the brother.It is difficult to know when it is in Hip.I suppose they will have to adjust the guideline the endocrine for the moment until they give us free way to do it and teach us a little how much can be changed and so on.
I read you here to learn but most have or are older than my dwarf and many things do not help me now, but I learn for the future.
Thanks to you, I have discovered the tickleflex, which we bought it

Many thanks for everything

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/21/2021 8:14 a.m.

@Bertab79 Hi!How did you realize what was happening to him?I have a baby too and many times I wonder how I would realize whether my son is diabetic or not being small.

Thank you

piruha's profile photo
piruha
06/30/2021 12:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

@piruha in your firm says you have diabetes from 3, as easy as the baby a glycemia from time to time with your glucometer right ??
For those who lived outside diabetes I understand that it is more difficult, for example when our daughter was diagnosed with 400 and sugar peak I did not know if that was much or little ... now I know it is a barbarity ...

For us the symptom that dislodged us was that he pee on the bed 2 days in a row ... but the most typical apart from the exaggerated pis are thirst, eating a lot and making a lot of pee.

I would be attentive to this and from time to time I would do a fast hair glycemia to check.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/30/2021 12:21 p.m.

Hello, the truth is that it was not easy to discover it, in fact I consulted 3 pediatricians because the child started not wanting to eat pures, went from being very common to reject puree and even started heading in the trona.

I lost weight and at first they told me that it was because I had begun to walk, that a year left the pures and are interested in other things and that my return to work carried badly and that is why I asked me more my chest

In the end, as Pipí did a test in case and quick urine infection because even I said that if it could be diabetes and they told me they did not believe because the child was active and did not stop still.It was a month and a half that the child had something, and we didn't know what until in the end we discovered it.

Then, collecting symptoms, I would tell you that breath smells like fruit when they are already with ketone.An increase in thirst, abundant pee, but when I say abundant is very abundant.My son woke up with the diaper full from top to bottom and all the wet body.In our case he stopped eating although others are about to eat more.They have told us that this happens when they are very small.

All the best

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
06/30/2021 12:49 p.m.

Hello, my name is Daniel and I can encourage them by telling them that I debut at 24 months of age with type 1 diabetes my father realized that it was very often that it urinated and took logical water that I do not remember anything but I was in a diabetic comaAfter everything happened with insulin NPH pig, with syringe and my blood glucose control was only for urine there was nothing that we have today, today I am 42 years old and I am very good thanks to God so tranquility that ifI could with zero technology your children are lucky to have a lot of technology available and do not transmit nerves

daniel_pini31's profile photo
daniel_pini31
07/03/2021 1:36 a.m.

Thank you @daniel_pini31 for the spirits.That gives us a lot of strength, seeing as many adults who began as small and without any help from technology as now and are fine.That raises the mood.It also gives us an idea of ​​the value and good work of your parents, my admiration to them.
ISI

Isi's profile photo
Isi
07/04/2021 1:57 a.m.

Good afternoon, I also debut with 3 years, of this already 38 !!!
No damage derived from diabetes, and that there was an era of adolescent rebellion ...
I encourage, surely you are making great, as they have told you this is a background.
The important thing is to assume that you are doing the best in your hands, but it will never be perfect.There will be days of hyper and days of hiccups, paranormal events that disassemble everything you thought to know ... but they are punctual, they happen they learn from them and follow.
What served me a lot was to be participating in my diabetes.
With 9 years I load my syringes and punctuated me, counted rations and calculated bowling (always supervised by my parents but making decisions) this has always allowed me to be aware of everything I can do.
You just debut, hyperglycemia are problematic if they are maintained over time, for a long time.
270 peaks, they are assumable within the "normality"
Again encouragement and patience ... Ahhhh and do not become obsessed with continuous blood glucose readers, to try to be in rank more than 75% can go crazy !!!

Ervy's profile photo
Ervy
07/06/2021 3:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.