Use insulin without medical recipe.

Graponejo's profile photo   06/23/2021 5:30 p.m.

Good, my father has type 2 diabetes, so the pills are taken, glucose controls are never done or left the sweets, I as type 1 diabetic feared what was already expected that I always had the high sugar and that is that when carryingA bad diet today 1 hour before eating was 320 with the pill which was taken when he saw that he had the high sugar low to 290 (1 hour later, at lunchtime) but although I warned him that he did not eatNothing with sugar I end up eating lentils :( :(, could it have taken the pill to use my insulin? Clearly few trial units so that the levels are stabilized. I know that without a recipe it is not theirs, so I have already requested an appointmentMedical to see if I solve it.

Graponejo's profile photo
Graponejo
06/23/2021 5:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Graponejo, who sees the doctor or the endocrine, because surely it is with those values ​​need slow insulin.
If you now put a fast unit, it would go down a lot .., but ask the doctor, of course.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/23/2021 5:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Graponejo

A very complicated question and you know that you have DM 1.

In DM2 as your father has, the pill has a day to day but they are not to quickly lower glucose in an hour.That requires that your father stops taking excess carbohydrates and moving.That walks at least a couple of hours.

By the way, lentils are very slow action carbohydrates.In theory for them they are a very successful option.But his carbohydrates will enter very slowly, at two or three hours.That is why they need to take a walk.The same goes for beans or chickpeas.They are very healthy options, because they have slow carbohydrates and have proteins.But they enter very slowly.

If you decide to put a couple of units of your fast insulin to stabilize, you don't have to tell you that you stay with him and Q at two/three hours do a blood glucose control, in case he gave him a strong low glycemia drop.

I hope you improve soon!Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/23/2021 5:50 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@graponejo

A very complicated question and you know that you have DM 1.

In DM2 as your father has, the pill has a day to day but they are not to quickly lower glucose in an hour.That requires that your father stops taking excess carbohydrates and moving.That walks at least a couple of hours.

By the way, lentils are very slow action carbohydrates.In theory for them they are a very successful option.But his carbohydrates will enter very slowly, at two or three hours.That is why they need to take a walk.The same goes for beans or chickpeas.They are very healthy options, because they have slow carbohydrates and have proteins.But they enter very slowly.

If you decide to put a couple of units of your fast insulin to stabilize, you don't have to tell you that you stay with him and Q at two/three hours do a blood glucose control, in case he gave him a strong low glycemia drop.

I hope you improve soon!Encourage

The problem is that right now it is with respirators, it costs him even to talk a little although he is improving a few weeks ago we caught the COVID-19 and now he does not move much compared to before living in the field he always began to do things.

Graponejo's profile photo
Graponejo
06/23/2021 5:54 p.m.

What a very sorry !!!
I hope it improves soon

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/23/2021 9:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, being like that, and if it were my father, I would put 1ud nothing more and measure continuously to see if it goes too much, so to be able to give him a glass with sugar if he acts too much.2 You seem a lot to me.
The best I visited the doctor if he cannot move and prescribe slowly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/24/2021 2:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Graponejo how is your father?And you, how has the Covid been to pass?

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/19/2021 8:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.