Dinner management

Josemibi's profile photo   06/24/2021 9:28 a.m.

Hello,

Simply to see how you manage dinner, lately I have enough insulin sensitivity and a unit is doing a lot of effect.(I usually do sports at 18/19).To try to go to bed well, I try to have dinner before 9pm.With 2 or 3 rations of HC sometimes, I have to eat something else before I go to bed to be in 120-140 mg/dl.

All the best,

José

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/24/2021 9:28 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Hello good,

You say you have enough sensitivity but you don't comment how much quick insulin you put for those 2-3 rations.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/24/2021 9:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Marine,

I am putting a unit to avoid the beak, but then it seems that I have left over.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/24/2021 9:57 a.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Ok,

Well, it is a matter of "playing" the way that best interests you.

That extra sensitivity is going to be given to you, I would propose these options:

-Alint the initial intake of HC to avoid having to replace.

-Anulate insulin unit and consume at most 2 portions.

-Cambiating the type of hydrate, a slow long -lasting one may interest me for example my cooked potato.

Another option is also to make a pilot day, cancel that insulin unit and endure to see the graph to see how your body responds.

I also tell you that using basal if that sensitivity becomes a constant you can also try to reduce the basal.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/24/2021 10:38 a.m.

Thanks Marine,

If I have already tried very combinations, it was to know how other people managed it.My idea is to ask my endocrine for a quick change to another that can use half units.

The basal I see it well, I get up in 80-110 with only 4 units of Tresiba.The problem is that with 10 gr Hc of bread or potato + 20 gr hc of fruit for dinner, before I go to sleep I am in 90-100 and I like to leave a little higher.I solve it with another ration of fruit.But in the face of summer with more times, it wanted to adjust that.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/24/2021 10:45 a.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

In my case at least when as fruit it is a hydrate that flies, it has little duration in the body.

Maybe for the night it comes better instead of fruit, more potatoes

marine's profile photo
marine
06/24/2021 11:23 a.m.

Thank you very much Marine, I think the issue of the speed of the fruit is the key.I will incorporate a ration of potato, quinoa or cus cus to the salad and see how.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/24/2021 11:49 a.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Hello!

Maybe I get a bit about the subject, but as it is related to dinners I leave it.I have the mania to control before I went to sleep, that is, two hours after dinner.That supposes me that I lie late for that control, perhaps, excessive.Do you expect to control yourself after dinner?

Jota's profile photo
Jota
09/12/2021 12:35 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

No, I measure me before sleeping but I don't wait for myself for two hours.If I want to go to bed before or if I ceno later, I do not wait

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/12/2021 3:54 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

jota said:
Hello!

Maybe I get a bit about the subject, but as it is related to dinners I leave it.I have the mania to control before I went to sleep, that is, two hours after dinner.That supposes me that I lie late for that control, perhaps, excessive.Do you expect to control yourself after dinner?

Yes, being type 1 I always do it

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/12/2021 9:57 p.m.

@Jot

I try to dine always about 2 and a half or three h before bedtime, and of course I look at how I am in the sensor.If I have been somewhat high or does not fit, I do a glycemia control, but in general it is not necessary.That if I make very light dinners, a little protein, for example, 120 gr of chicken or fish, without excesses, about 150 gr of vegetables and about two rations of carbohydrates, in general fruit or a ration of whole wheat bread and one of fruit.And that works very well.
If I spend dinner, I always regret it!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/13/2021 10:09 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I always look before going to sleep, as @jldiazdel comments, I try to have dinner about two and a half hours before bedtime.(With glycemic sensor I look at my time after dinner and just before going to sleep).

To solve the problem I committed at the beginning of the thread, I have reduced the HC to the maximum for dinner and what I do is add a dairy or some fruit if I see that I go a bit low to sleep.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/13/2021 10:46 a.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
I always look before going to sleep, as @jldiazdel I try to have dinner about two and a half hours before bedtime.(With glycemic sensor I look at my time after dinner and just before going to sleep).

To solve the problem I committed at the beginning of the thread, I have reduced the HC to the maximum for dinner and what I do is add a dairy or some fruit if I see that I go a bit low to sleep.

It is very healthy in all aspects to bed 2 or 3 hours after dinner and dinner little, regardless of glycemia avoid foods that are difficult to digest even if they are vegetables, cabbages, cucumbers, peppers, olives
... etc

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
09/13/2021 12:44 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.