Hello, I'm new

carol_rodri's profile photo   03/20/2021 6:17 a.m.

I hope you can give me some advice a month ago I was detected with 271 and now I am in 120 both fasting my doctor has only prescribed me metformin of 850 in fasting, I have changed habits I am exercising and drinking enough water, at first I felt good, I felt good,But now I am starving, my hair is falling enough and I have felt very sad I am 37 years old and I am having a very bad time I am distressing my illness and appealing from my effort I have not managed to lower a single gram of weight on the contraryalmost 1 kg and that makes me feel frustrated.I hope not to bother anyone with my comment but I only look for some support.Thank you so much

carol_rodri's profile photo
carol_rodri
03/20/2021 6:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Be patient, this goes for times, as soon as you eat and lose weight, as you fat without more.Do not overwhelm on the subject because, sometimes, it's worse.Keep it up, exercise and healthy food and you will see how little by little, everything returns to its place.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
03/20/2021 7:37 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Have you done analysis?How do you have glycosylated hemoglobin?Only with these two values ​​can nothing be diagnosed ... Have you gone to the endocrinologist? ... greetings

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/20/2021 10:01 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

If it is my result, it was 10.6 and my appointment will again be until April 4 thank you very much.

carol_rodri
03/20/2021 10:29 a.m.

@carol_rodri

If you exercise regularly, it is also very important to take good walks and move, that also counts, and you take care of the food you will see how HB lowers you a lot in the following test.It is convenient every three months to control.

As it seems that you have type 2 diabetes (insulin resistance) sport and food will help you a lot.Try to reduce rapid pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, sweets, industrial bowl and sugary juices and drinks.Eat a lot of vegetables and drink chicken, turkey, eggs, fish to feel satiated.It is very important that in each meal you have some carbohydrates of vegetables, protein and healthy fats.Don't go hungry!

When you go to the doctor if you need or have many doubts to send you to a nutritionist.Oh, don't get on diet.Simply change the way of eating.But don't think you're diet.

Do not worry that it has a solution.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/20/2021 10:56 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

carol_rodri said:
to if it is my result was 10.6 and my appointment will be again until April 4 thank you very much.

With that glyce, metformin is useless if it does not combine it with other oral antihyperglycemic agents or insulin and by God that they do analysis to determine what type of diabetes you have.Ah !!One of the reasons why hair weakens and falls is anemia, which is detected with analysis.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/20/2021 12:47 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you very much I will!

carol_rodri
03/20/2021 3:24 p.m.

Hi @carol_rodri, I am Type 1 but what I do not to go hungry is that when I have as pickups, cheese (Maaasdam that they sell in Mercadona) and Pipas de Mercadona that tell much less than those I have bought from other brands.The same hair loss is due to stress or spring, but look at you.Much encouragement

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
03/20/2021 3:29 p.m.

Thank you very much, really seeing the brush is the most depressing and even though I try to be positive that has affected me even more, I will expect my review with the doctor and that this stage happens

carol_rodri
03/20/2021 3:38 p.m.

@carol_rodri sees an endocrine, with glyc and insulin value is not enough to determine the type of diabetes.They have to see your gad antibodies.
There are doctors who surely give diabetes 2 per age, but we are many with more than 35 that we debut in type 1.

Eat healthy and for the moments of hunger they eat nuts, glycemia rises little and satiated a lot.The cheeses rise little by little by fat.

The hair, in addition to anemia it can be stress.It would not be bad for a doctor to make you analytics again.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/20/2021 4:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

carol_rodri said:
I hope you can give me some advice a month ago I was detected with 271 and now I am in 120 both fasting my doctor has only prescribed me metformin of 850 in fasting, I have changed habits I amExercising and drinking enough water, at first I felt good, but now I am starving, my hair is falling enough and I have felt very sad I have 37 years and I am having a very bad time, my illness is distressed and appealI have not managed to lower a single gram on the contrary I rose almost 1 kg and that makes me feel frustrated.I hope not to bother anyone with my comment but I only look for some support.Thank you very much

hello.Do you know if it is diabetes 1 or 2?Have you been taking the glucose on an empty stomach and 2 hours after eating?It is quite high that you share from 500+ as well as glucosylated hemoglobin.

I also believe that the metformin of 850 one a day will not do you almost anything, you need a better treatment.

Start by going down to carbohydrates and at least walking daily.Start for 10 minutes.

Have you done other studies such as cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, uric acid, etc?When glucose values ​​give high and there are certain physical issues (such as some abdominal obesity), studies are usually done to validate the cardiovascular theme, which is important.

I have a cardiologist and when the sugar gives over 200 and there are high bad cholesterol or good cholesterol, send to do a study called ultrasensible reactive protein that measures the probable inflammation of the endothelium, if it is high, you have to medicate urgently forAvoid scare.

We read you.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/24/2021 11:11 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

carol_rodri said:
I hope you can give me some advice a month ago I was detected with 271 and now I am in 120 both fasting my doctor has only prescribed me metformin of 850 in fasting, I have changed habits I amExercising and drinking enough water, at first I felt good, but now I am starving, my hair is falling enough and I have felt very sad I have 37 years and I am having a very bad time, my illness is distressed and appealI have not managed to lower a single gram on the contrary I rose almost 1 kg and that makes me feel frustrated.I hope not to bother anyone with my comment but I only look for some support.Thank you very much

Hello, I am a rookie like you, I have been since February of this year.It debuts very similar, 271 of glucose and glycosilada of 13 and peak.Then the pills took effect.I already have controlled glucose.I am still aware of the type of diabetes.Did you say that on April 4 to the doctor, what have they told you?

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/23/2021 9:48 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

@carol_rodri
Hello.Don't despair.In this there are two things, the treatment and what we must put on our part, taking care of the food and exercising.
If you are surely taking care of the treatment it was not correct.How did it go in the endocrine?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/23/2021 12:20 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.