{'en': "Help, I'm rookie with gestational diabetes", 'es': 'Ayuda, soy novata con diabetes gestacional'} Image

Help, I'm rookie with gestational diabetes

MxMxM's profile photo   06/27/2021 1:19 p.m.

Hello,

I have gestational diabetes and I am very clumsy with the glucometer.I need help.

I use glucomen and basically my problems are 2. That the drop of blood that comes out most of the time is insufficient and that I wash my hands with hot water and soap and then massage a lot and no matter how much I squeezed my finger, I needA lot of punctures to get a large drop.

I have tried in 3, in 4 and 5, I am desperate.And then when I bring the strip sometimes I put the glucometer vertically and the finger on top, I do not know if it is better to put the strip on the finger with the glucometer down, I know that the absorption is by capillarity, but if I put the glucometersupported on the table and only brought your finger worse.

I see that people make it very easy, I don't know that I am failing but I am desperate, I can't even grab things about pain.

Any advice please?

Thank you so much!

MxMxM's profile photo
MxMxM
06/27/2021 1:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Look at the lancets or the mm in length fail, or you have very resistant skin, each finger, and the height that clicks more or less the annular fingers and heart are more "soft" but what I do if when you lower the puncture andYou still hurt the lancetas or change the mark and size, each one we have the resistance of the skin different and of course if the capillarity is ayugas with gravity, better, less blood to glucometer

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
06/27/2021 1:58 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

My advice, rather the one that gave me when I entered, is that I always click on the same finger so that only one hurts, not all.
For drop, it is important that the lancet is new every time, because it clicks better and does not harm.If you stress or are nervous, the capillaries close and blood does not come out.You must sit calm and relax when you click.I punctuate my left little finger, it is where I get more blood.
If you continue with problems, I advise you to buy another prick, I changed it because the one they gave me made me dust, the new one hardly hurts, I do not find out.

Regarding the glucose strip, I punctuThe measure.

You will see that everything is going well, do not overwhelm, walk and eat healthy.You are going to have a beautiful baby.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/28/2021 1:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
my advice, rather the one that gave me when I entered, is that I always click on the same finger so that only one hurts, not all.
For drop, it is important that the lancet is new every time, because it clicks better and does not harm.If you stress or are nervous, the capillaries close and blood does not come out.You must sit calm and relax when you click.I punctuate my left little finger, it is where I get more blood.
If you continue with problems, I advise you to buy another prick, I changed it because the one they gave me made me dust, the new one hardly hurts, I do not find out.

Regarding the glucose strip, I punctuThe measure.

You will see that everything is going well, do not overwhelm, walk and eat healthy.You're going to have a beautiful baby.

A lancet lasts 6 months!I checked 3 times a week and I don't know what pain is ... I rarely get the puncture badmonths months.The ones I use are accu-chek

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2021 7:38 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

mxmxm said:
hello, I have gestational diabetes and I am very clumsy with the glucometer. I need help.Uses glucomen and basically my problems are 2. That the drop of blood that most of theSometimes it is insufficient and that I wash my hands with hot water and soap and then massage a lot and no matter how much he squeezed his finger, I need a lot of punctures to come out a large drop. IIn 5, I am desperate.And then when I bring the strip sometimes I put the glucometer vertically and the finger on top, I do not know if it is better to put the strip on the finger with the glucometer down, I know that the absorption is by capillarity, but if I put the glucometersupported on the table and only brought your finger worse.I see that people make it very easy, I don't know that I am failing but I am desperate, I can't even grab things about pain.
Any advice please?

I have an Accouchek gluconstora.In my case, I put the strip in the glucometer and start flashing (waiting for the drop of blood).At that moment I grab the pen (I don't know what it is called) that has the lancet and shed my finger.Only 10% of the time I feel something.Suddenly a droplet of blood is seen that is not enough, but I squeeze my finger until a drop is seen as is and viro my finger and hit the strip ... ready ... by the way, instead of clicking on meIn the center of the finger, I click a little to the side ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2021 7:40 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix The lancetas are changed every time, just like needles, in fact if you don't change it, lose the tip and tear the skin, in addition to pain.Keep in mind that they are very thin and every time they cross the tissue they erode so they stand out.
If you have a microscope at hand, take a new one to a new one, you will see the difference.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/02/2021 8:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I use it several times but it is true that one would only have to use it (for the topic of hygiene).

Graduate the needle to see if you have it very superficial and when you do it, squeeze it from below to finger to the tip.Sometimes I do not work out either and I have to click several times but it is nervous that I don't want to hurt myself, it's like I do "just in case" because most of the time I never hurts me.And then I put the tip of the strip in the drop and absorb

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/02/2021 9:20 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

ruthbia said:
@matrix the lancetas are changed every time, just like the needles, in fact if you do not change it loses the tip and tear the skin, in addition to pain.Keep in mind that they are very thin and every time they cross the tissue they erode so they stand out.
If you have a microscope at hand, throw an eye on a new and one used, you will see the difference.

Well, I have not changed my lancet for 6 months.The information you can read from doctors, on the Internet etc, you must change it after each use as a caution since you could have pain when reusing it.Without a clutch, they last for many months and I don't feel any pain when using it over and over again.Of course I do not use it so often, I use it 3 or 4 times a week.

If I noticed more pain than would change it more often.

You can read in this post of other people who have used the same lancet for several weeks, several months and even for 3 years or more:

Link

And of course, my glucometer is personal, I would never share it with anyone.

The signal to change it?When it hurts ... or already flat if it has been a long time (I am about to change it, but the one that I have more than 6 months does not hurt at all and draws the drop of blood without problem).

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/02/2021 9:30 a.m.

nila said:
I use it several times but it is true that one would only have to use it (for the subject of hygiene).

Here in the Forum it has been a topic of discussion on several occasions.People with 30 and 50 years with diabetes have shared that they have used the lancets for many weeks or months.In my particular case, they last for about 6 months.When I punish myself and I feel some pain, and to change them.

My great doctor doctor told me that it is a business for manufacturers, so they ask to change it in each puncture, but the reality is another (and is proven).The only function of the lancet is the puncture for the drop of blood, why change it if it has not been damaged?

I imagine that there are some very good and other bad, the bad or low quality may not endure much, but I at least in my personal experience use accu chek softclix and last an eternity using it.

for hygiene?.Before taking the sample, you wash your hands, you can also clean the lancet with alcohol regularly.

All this is my personal opinion, but based on real life.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/02/2021 9:35 a.m.

matrix said:
nila said:
I use it several times but it is true that only one should be used (by the subject also hygiene).

Here in the Forum it has been a topic of discussion on several occasions.People with 30 and 50 years with diabetes have shared that they have used the lancets for many weeks or months.In my particular case, they last for about 6 months.When I punish myself and I feel some pain, and to change them.

My great doctor doctor told me that it is a business for manufacturers, so they ask to change it in each puncture, but the reality is another (and is proven).The only function of the lancet is the puncture for the drop of blood, why change it if it has not been damaged?

I imagine that there are some very good and other bad, the bad or low quality may not endure much, but I at least in my personal experience use accu chek softclix and last an eternity using it.

for hygiene?.Before taking the sample, you wash your hands, you can also clean the lancet with alcohol regularly.

All this is my personal opinion, but based on real life.
& lt;/blockquote
I do not know if there they will be very expensive, but changing them is a hygiene issue.It can be taken to tetanus.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/02/2021 6:04 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The lancetas are given by nurses without problems, they do not put a paste, I do not see need not to change them, at least once a day.
If I notice when it is new, I put it at 1 and I get a good drop, when it is refused I have to upload it to 4. My prick has 7 levels to tighten the spring that launches the lancet.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2021 4:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

mxmxm said:
hello,

I have gestational diabetes and I am very clumsy with the glucometer.I need help.

I use glucomen and basically my problems are 2. That the drop of blood that comes out most of the time is insufficient and that I wash my hands with hot water and soap and then massage a lot and no matter how much I squeezed my finger, I needA lot of punctures to get a large drop.

I have tried in 3, in 4 and 5, I am desperate.And then when I bring the strip sometimes I put the glucometer vertically and the finger on top, I do not know if it is better to put the strip on the finger with the glucometer down, I know that the absorption is by capillarity, but if I put the glucometersupported on the table and only brought your finger worse.

I see that people make it very easy, I don't know that I am failing but I am desperate, I can't even grab things about pain.

Any advice please?

Thank you so much!

Easy do not get nervous, milked in a quieter way, or change the lancet for some better on Amazon there are an infinity of brands and Youtube a lot of videos to train you, if you cannot go to the hospital so that a doctor or nurse enables you
greetings

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
07/07/2021 8:38 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.