Cerebral ischemic attack

valentin's profile photo   06/29/2021 9:38 a.m.

Good morning to all.
I am new to the forum and I come to tell what happened to me not long ago.

I am type II diabetic for at least 15 years.

On May 26, I start having the feeling that my eyes are swollen, such as when one has a cold and his eyes are loaded.
Well, the days go by and that same feeling not only does not take away, but on June 2 I wake up to go to work and start to see double, the fact is that I went and went and the day passes.

On day 3 my eyes are not able to see a single image and so I am going to work by spending one of the worst days of my life.
When I get out of working, I go directly to the hospital and the first thing they do is take me urgently to the ophthalmologist, the ophthalmologist does not see anything?and they take me back to the normal emergency room.
After three long hours they make me a brain scanner and they don't see anything important but I was admitted to me.
The next day they make me another scanner, this time, of thorax and they tell me again that everything is fine but that I remain admitted to make me a resonance and see how my "diplopia" evolves.
RM Day arrives and everything is normal.
Neurologists are concluded that it has been a cerebral micro infarction (micro stroke) or a cerebral ischemic attack (the latter "less bad) and I have touched the part of the brain of the eyes" III par "call it and everythingDue to diabetes, according to doctors.

Attentive to the signs that of course, after a few weeks you join like the pieces of a puzzle.
I have a season, as two months or so in normal and currents conversations, the words are forgotten, words that you use daily and that suddenly it is as if you had them to invent why in your brain they are not, apathy, bad moodWithout why apparent, etc.
Well there was the reason.
I have been having smoking, almost 4 years ago, I take care of me more than ever, I have lost some 27 kilos, although I gulked again as 8 with this confinement, pandemic, etc., I exercise daily (now not), an hourDe Cardio, mixed with some musculation so as not to lose muscle mass.
Doctors say that this takes between 6 and 12 weeks to heal and that the eyes align to see well again.
Hopefully it is true why things have happened to me in my life, but I have managed to carry them, but I have this worse than bad.

Thank you very much for this forum where we can count our problem and if telling you we can help someone ... great.

THANK YOU

valentin's profile photo
valentin
06/29/2021 9:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Valentin I hope you are recovering.
A bit weird everything.So I know, in a scanner if the stroke, thrombosis and their sequelae are visualized.Spots come out in the affected area.Anyway, being diabetic, when they don't know what happens to us they blame diabetes.I have heard barbarities of my doctors.

Your signs are usually the elderly, (over 70 years old) for cognitive losses typical of age.Let's go my parents have what you have described and have no stroke or brain ischemias.They are not diabetic either.If you can, ask for an appointment with a neurologist to evaluate you.

Take care of yourself and as soon as you notice something, go to emergencies.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/29/2021 11:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Valentin I hope you are recovering.
A bit weird everything.So I know, in a scanner if the stroke, thrombosis and their sequelae are visualized.Spots come out in the affected area.Anyway, being diabetic, when they don't know what happens to us they blame diabetes.I have heard barbarities of my doctors.

Your signs are usually the elderly, (over 70 years old) for cognitive losses typical of age.Let's go my parents have what you have described and have no stroke or brain ischemias.They are not diabetic either.If you can, ask for an appointment with a neurologist to evaluate you.

Take care of yourself and as soon as you notice something, go to emergencies.

valentin's profile photo
valentin
06/29/2021 12:33 p.m.

First of all, thank you for your comment and then tell you that me, without knowing or understanding absolutely anything about medicine, some things did not square me from the first hour, but of course, as I say, of Medicine 0.0.

If I would like to say, without wanting to enter controversies that on the same day in the afternoon or a day before, I do not remember exactly, they put the first dose of the "pfizer" vaccine and that the second dose does not put it or put itEven if they pay me.
By this I don't want to say it's from the vaccine, but I don't put it on, that's for sure.
Another curious thing is that when they were discharged in the hospital, I went to an optics to buy me some sunglasses, which by the way how I do not see anything well, I hit a fall of noses and when telling them in the optics whatI had spent his eyes, the owner of the optics said textually: I have been with the optics for 42 years and in all those years I have attended a person with what you have, but for two months, with you there are already 4 clients with whatsame.

Anyway, it is from diabetes, in the end, it will be the least bad.
I repeat that I do not want to create any kind of controversy ... I tell what happened to me

valentin's profile photo
valentin
06/29/2021 12:48 p.m.

I put pfizer and I had no symptoms, I am missing the second dose.Moreover, I think I have not generated any antibody because not a slight alteration of blood glucose.

Don't give them many laps, I had to pass and spend at that time.I keep looking for the origin of my diabetes 1 because in my family there are no diabetics.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/29/2021 12:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I had to pass and step ... Without a doubt, but in my 52 years I have believed in coincidences.
Thank you

valentin's profile photo
valentin
06/29/2021 1:20 p.m.

Much encouragement.

I am also a bit skeptical with that type of coincidences, but hopefully they are.

Go to the neurologist, of course.

anif's profile photo
anif
06/29/2021 1:42 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

I hope you get better !!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/29/2021 10:19 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Thank you so much

valentin's profile photo
valentin
06/29/2021 10:44 p.m.

@Valentin
I'm scared, I'm glad you're fine.
The truth is that doctors when they do not know what to say, they immediately blame the classics: diabetes, tobacco, obesity.And they should not, because in the case of diabetes, if we carry it controlled, it does not have to affect us.They are desire to scare us.
I would also ask for a second opinion.
I hope you recover as soon as possible.😘😘

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/30/2021 9:14 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@valentin
I'm scared, I'm glad you're fine.
The truth is that doctors when they do not know what to say, they immediately blame the classics: diabetes, tobacco, obesity.And they should not, because in the case of diabetes, if we carry it controlled, it does not have to affect us.They are desire to scare us.
I would also ask for a second opinion.
I hope you recover as soon as possible.😘😘

Thanks a lot.
Without a doubt, I will ask for a second opinion

valentin's profile photo
valentin
06/30/2021 9:23 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.