I don't know what happens to my daughter at dinner

Margot20's profile photo   07/13/2021 11:47 p.m.

Hello forr@s,
I need your help, I have spoken with the endocrine today but it has not clarified anything.
My daughter gets slow levermir every 12 h, between 9:30 in the morning and 10:30.Normally at 10:00 a.m.
At night when I see that the fast has not so much effect, about 23:00.
Fast: Fiasp.

I tell you, it has already happened to me several times that at dinner when clicking it, it gets down.Sometimes more drastic (like last night I gave it a whole juice) and sometimes not so much.I click around 21:00 after dinner.Yesterday I punctured him at 21:10 and at 22:15 I gave him the juice because he was in 87 with 3 arrows, he did not start uploading until 23:40.

Today I have waited for myself, and I haven't given him dinner at 9 to see how far it went down.

She snacks at 17:30 and click before snacking.Today he was in 220 and planted in his 320, at 20:30 is when he starts to lower him, that is to say that she always stays quite high for hours until, suddenly, at 3 hours.If it's fine, I give you a yogurt, if not, I have to wait.

Total, that today has reached 140 with an arrow down (that is, it would have continued to go down).From 20:30 to 22:30 he lowered 200u.

Now I understand why at the time of dinner (usually around 22:30) they give him those downs.
My question is: what is over?The slow?The fast?Both?It is a long time since both and I do not explain it to me.

My daughter, or is up or is in descent, is rarely maintained (at night alone).I don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks in advance.If you know a good endocrine doctor, tell me.I'm already fed up with SSS.I hope you can help me.

Margot20's profile photo
Margot20
07/13/2021 11:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At dinner I have put half unity, instead of 1, and it has been uploaded a lot.So I understand that the dinner ratio is fine and that happens to him when he coincides with the others?

Margot20's profile photo
Margot20
07/14/2021 12:49 a.m.

Good, most times you have to go to test and error.I think the problem can be here.

"She snack at 17:30 and skewed before snack.hours until, suddenly, at 3 hours.

You could try to give it a snack that does not have hydrates and not prick the fast and see how it comes at that time.If the same is still happening, you will surely have to readjust the morning less.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/14/2021 8:03 a.m.

Maybe it is needed by a less of the day and one more quickly in food.How is it after eating?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/14/2021 5:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, yes, it is slow.Today I have removed half as you have put and has not made me the downturn.Tomorrow I am going to make him faster in the food to see if he reaches more normal levels at 2 hours and I will pray so that he does not get off drastically at 2.5 hours that starts to lower him.
In the snack I give him 100 apple+ 4 cookies 0/0+ a pelin d milk = 3.5 R. I give that because the doctor recommends me to give fruit, but the truth is that I do not know what I could give him so that he does not upload so much.Thanks for your contributions.

Margot20's profile photo
Margot20
07/16/2021 12:21 a.m.

margot20 said:
hello, yes, it is slow.Today I have removed half as you have put and has not made me the downturn.Tomorrow I am going to make him faster in the food to see if he reaches more normal levels at 2 hours and I will pray so that he does not get off drastically at 2.5 hours that starts to lower him.
In the snack I give him 100 apple+ 4 cookies 0/0+ a pelin d milk = 3.5 R. I give that because the doctor recommends me to give fruit, but the truth is that I do not know what I could give him so that he does not upload so much.Thanks for your contributions.

At 2.5 hours of the snack (I referred to me)

Margot20's profile photo
Margot20
07/16/2021 12:23 a.m.

Always those low dirts so prolonged in my case have been for the slow one.How they told you above test and error.In the snack as a pancito made with coconut flour (two tablespoons). (It has no hydrates)

silvina's profile photo
silvina
07/18/2021 12:46 p.m.

Apart from the slow one, maybe you have to put the fast 30 min or more before eating.It rises a lot at meals because the fast begins to take effect at the hour and a half to put it on, and then go down and have it active about 3 hours.
Take tests to analyze the medicine action curve and adapt the intake to the curve.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/18/2021 7:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Sorry that it is so direct but what you need is to learn how diabetes works and especially how the insulins that you put on.

I think I read that you put a slow every 12 h (then always respect the hours)
If they are 12h, it is constant.

And you also use fiap the fastest, at 5 or 10 min begins to take effect and its maximum peak is at 60 min, with a duration of 3h.But at 2h there is hardly anything in the body.

Using fiasp every time he eats something with HC should be click on if or if

Snack then insulin
Habara insulin dinner
Eat ante of going to sleep then insulin

It is that easy

Cheer up

Bikerator's profile photo
Bikerator
07/23/2021 8:07 p.m.

The problem in children is that as they grow they increase insulin doses, but not regularly ...
And the levemir has to put it twice, I do not know if they can use another slow one at that age that is only used once a day, it would be easier.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2021 3:40 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.