Insulin+protein

Cdb1's profile photo   07/19/2021 6:03 p.m.

Holq I have a question to see if you can clarify it, insulin, can we also inject it only with protein?without adding HC?In other words, if I want to eat a dish only a dish only Drags (300g) telling the proteins of that dish, I could put the insulin dose corresponding to that amount, right?Or can we only use insulin, for HC foods?

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
07/19/2021 6:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.I just get insulin fast if as carbohydrates.The calculation of the insulin that I have to put on.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/20/2021 9:47 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Hello good ,

Look for information on UGP (protein fat unit) and yes, insulin is also used for protein, from a certain amount by gluconeogenesis.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/20/2021 10:02 a.m.

@Cdb1 do the test, do not put insulin and at two hours look to see how you are going.You can correct with insulin at two hours if you see that it has risen you.

In my personal experience, I need insulin with protein.A glass of milk rises about 100mg/dl so I need at least 1 fast.Red meats a lot.If as more than 80g of meat I need 2-3 uds of insulin when eating, before not because it gives me hiccup.The red meat protein lasts a lot in my body and sometimes I have to replenish insulin.White meats without problems (chicken, turkey, rabbit)

With the fish I do not need insulin because it has less fat than the meat and is eliminated soon, but if it goes in sauce, eye, because it carries fats.

This is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/20/2021 2:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Ruthbia, the same thing happened to me with the lacted milk, I would go up a lot but I do not know which one you would take but try with a milk that has a little fat so the climb is slower

daniel_pini31's profile photo
daniel_pini31
07/20/2021 3:33 p.m.

Unless it is water, I always get something quick.
I have proven that even Coca Cola Light, alters the levels

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/20/2021 6:24 p.m.

@daniel_pini31 I drink Ligth soy milk, 1gr of HC per 100ml, that is 2 g of HC a glass.
I changed soy 2 years ago after breakfast peaks.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/20/2021 10:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@daniel_pini31 drink soy milk ligth, 1gr of HC per 100ml, that is 2 g of HC a glass.
I changed soy 2 years ago after breakfast peaks.

What increases blood glucose are fats, proteins and carbohydrates.Always take it into account.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/20/2021 11:55 p.m.

For me the worst are hormones that give me intermittent resistance to insulin.
There are days that fats leave alone and others that have 8 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/21/2021 9:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@cdb1 do the test, do not put insulin and at two hours look to see how you are going.You can correct with insulin at two hours if you see that it has risen you.

In my personal experience, I need insulin with protein.A glass of milk rises about 100mg/dl so I need at least 1 fast.Red meats a lot.If as more than 80g of meat I need 2-3 uds of insulin when eating, before not because it gives me hiccup.The red meat protein lasts a lot in my body and sometimes I have to replenish insulin.White meats without problems (chicken, turkey, rabbit)

With the fish I do not need insulin because it has less fat than the meat and is eliminated soon, but if it goes in sauce, eye, because it carries fats.

This is proof and error.

The milk will rise more for lactose, not so much for the protein, I think more for the HCy.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/28/2021 9:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.