The great day arrived and has already train again !!!

elisa74's profile photo   03/31/2021 3:28 a.m.

Thank you very much for your tips, today my son David has returned to train with his basketball team, you can not imagine how happy he was (and I more), he has fallen the 2 hours of training soFirst (half an hour of physicist and 1.5h of train), yes, in the backpack he carried everything ... juice, water, rice milk, glucose gel, donuts, glucagon .. hahaha, as started the18: 30h What we have done is that when he has arrived from the school (at 5pm) as he had a little hunger, some cheese and nuts have been taken (without clicking insulin), then around 17; 50h he has measured(He leaves home at 6pm; 15h) and as I was in 106 I have told him to take a fruit (pear) and 2 gullón cookies (without clicking insulin), at 6:30 p.m. who has started exercising was at 133(All this with the sensor), at 7:00 p.m. in 150, at 8pm in 170 and at 8:30 p.m.De Lantus (10) but a half quickIn 147 (I think I have happened with the cookies).Tomorrow they have training again, I hope we also do as today, if I see that tomorrow he gets out fair or during the day he is going just the Lantus at night?1 unit?By the way, during the train as he was measuring with the mobile and saw that he was fine, he has not drunk any hydrates (only water), I do not know if you see advisable that the first days hit a sip even if it is to rice milk(I read in the forum that a boy was doing very well for sport) ??Thank you again !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/31/2021 3:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ Elisa74, you are doing very well.That's what it is called quickly.Congratulations!
Yes, if you see that it starts to go very fair or wake up low, you reduce a unit.
The changes, one in a better unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/31/2021 4:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Elisa74 the hair of end!ole !!!, Perfect.

Just what I expected is more ... when I have read that you have lowered only the rapid 0.5ud I have said it will give you hiccups ... and you say below ... 74!

Thus "it's nice" because it is manual and has not done strange things ... everything was expected.

As sports with more continuity you must reduce the slow 20% and try.

Now that for example I am with Toujeo 34ud, I was short and the endo told me to 36ud.

Yesterday I put anaerobic exercise at home (weights) about 30min and from the time of doing the exercise has started slowing down but without stopping and I have dinner at 1 -insulin hydrates, because at 2h another ration of HC that I have eatenFree.

At 4am a small chocolate and I got up with 85. So you also have another example

marine's profile photo
marine
03/31/2021 8:47 a.m.

@Elisa74
Excellent !!When you train to follow the same protocol.
If with the sensor I saw that the glycemia did not lower him then he does not need to give sips of anything, apart from the water.You have to try.But it is early to draw more conclusions.When you have been regular sport for a few weeks, you and you do better what is needed: how much does it have to be glycemia before you start, if you need to take something during sport, when you adjust the fast and slow ..
To me to make changes to fast or slow insulin factors, they told me the three -day rule: three consecutive days with corrections/errors (being very low or high) it meant changing the doses, as long as I did more or less the same.That is why it is important that you repeat the same to draw conclusions.But well, if you stay calmer, lowering the slow one in 1 u you can, but you should avoid being changing every day.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/31/2021 9:33 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Congratulations!!!and do not stop to acb :)

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/31/2021 10:10 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Great, how well you have done it !!
They also told me that the slow changes when I had been checking that it was, but hey, if you see that it gets up very low, for lowering a unit nothing should happen.
You have it controlled!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/31/2021 11:12 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Thanks, really @regina, @marine, @jldiazdel, @Alberto_13, @carussa !!!You do not know the feeling yesterday to see him train so happy with his classmates (that they all love each other a lot), I know that it is still soon and maybe today they have again training things come out different, but yesterday he gave us a "Upon "of motivation that you do not imagine it, if it were not for this forum we would have been very lost (although the educator is very pending).
Today it has woken up at 8h with 98, so I understand that the slow "for the moment" should not touch it, what I do not know is yet how much I must lower him quickly at dinner, last night I lowered half a unit to try and put himselfIn 74 later ... if today I will put another average less to see ... (well depending on what value it has at the time of clear dinner).Bs

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/31/2021 12:29 p.m.

@Elisa74

As you just started you can play even with the half fast units.After a while you will realize that average and nothing is very similar.But that is spent time.And that time depends on each person.But you will realize that between putting 2 and 2.5 or you do not see the difference in glycemia.

I still continue with a ball with half rapid units practically I don't use them much.Sometimes only if I want to put a little more.But I have already proven that the difference is very little.But at first I used them a lot.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/31/2021 12:36 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Your son is sure to be a champion, but you are a great mother.Congratulations!!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/31/2021 5:24 p.m.

Ufffff @anaisabel ....... I am very sensitive and my tears jump!Thank you !!!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/31/2021 8:46 p.m.

Great news and protocol !!!
In the end it is not so difficult to be diabetic 😉

Keep the guideline 3 days before making changes !!!

What a athlete you have at home !!!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/31/2021 9:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks @ruthbia !!!!If, for the moment I will continue the same, yesterday it was also very good the train although at night worse (but well ..), then I calmly write another message because I have some doubts about yesterday's train, to see if IYou can help!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/01/2021 6:51 p.m.

Well, I tell you that yesterday Tuesday and today Wednesday has returned to train (2 hours every day) and phenomenal, the coach is freaking out with him, says he sees him in a better physical way than in the whole season, much faster, more AgilAnd with more spark ... those were his words, on Sunday they already have the first game after the break for the Covid in January, who wants to see him play !!
By the way, in the end I have lowered the lantus 1 ud and much better, at night it is more stable and in the morning it wakes up at 80 and peak - 90 and peak.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/08/2021 1:45 a.m.

@Elisa74 is perfect !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/08/2021 5:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

elisa74 said:
well I tell you that yesterday Tuesday and Wednesday has returned to train (2 hours every day) and phenomenal, the coach is freaking out with him, says he sees it in a better wayPhysics than in the whole season, much faster, more agile and with more spark ... those were his words, on Sunday they already have the first game after the stop for the Covid in January, that you want to see him play !!
By the way, in the end I have lowered the lantus 1 ud and much better, at night it is more stable and in the morning it wakes up at 80 and peak - 90 and peak.

Now he has an incentive to be more motivated than before, at some point he could think that basketball had ended and seeing that this is not how it is overcome and is better than ever, I'm glad for both, go ahead !!!

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/08/2021 5:43 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Exact @Alberto_13, in fact the first thing that asked the endocrine when he was entered on 02/26 was if he could continue practicing basketball, that was his concern, when they told him that without any problem he remained calmer;)

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/08/2021 6:54 p.m.

@Elisa74 and the more he practices it and the better he is, the less "scares" you will have since after all to the body what is an effort is what ends up toll.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/08/2021 7:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.