NPH or BASAGLAR?

CorinaGre's profile photo   07/20/2021 4:35 a.m.

Hello.I am 41 years old and I am type 1 diabetic for 21 years.Use NPH with very good results until 8 months ago I started with Basaglar brand glargina.The change was reason because I was presenting recurring hyperglycemia with the NPH, so my doctor indicated to change.The issue is that since I started with Basaglar, I have hyperglycemia all day, and often nocturnal hypoglycemia.Above I come to discover that physical activity is not to control glycemia, but rather elevates it!With NPH I took advantage of the peaks to eat and thus avoided correction, in addition to 1 hour of physical activity, managed to reduce and control glymia.
Clearly, the first thing that occurs to me is to return to NPH and forget about the basaglar.Although its use is so widespread and it seems that the use of NPH is on low, that it would like to know the experience of Glargina and NPH users, which contributes to understand its operation and justify its choice.Likewise, I found thousands of testimonies of Users of Basaglar Disgrows.The truth that so far, I found no convenience.

CorinaGre's profile photo
CorinaGre
07/20/2021 4:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@corinagre, with that insulin you have to put quick insulin in each meal.
Do you use fast?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/20/2021 6:43 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina like this is, fast use.For meals and even to go out to do physical activity.

CorinaGre's profile photo
CorinaGre
07/20/2021 6:59 a.m.

Then you have to regulate the slow or fast dose.
The slow dose is regulated with the value when awakening..
If you have hypoglycemia at night, it will be better to put it in the morning.
If you manage to regulate the slow one, you will not have fixed food schedules, putting fast you can eat without as much schedules as with NPH.
The slow always at the same time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/20/2021 7:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good @corinagre,

They put me toujeo that is also glargina and more or less similar to what you describe.It has a process to find the right units and as Regina tells you, if at night they give you hypos you are going through with the slow and the contrary falling short.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/20/2021 8:22 a.m.

Abasaglar is a slow action insulin, it is glargina, just like lantus but another brand.It means that you administer it and must cover 24 h but it has nothing to do with meals, it is to keep you stable all day, by the time you eat, you use the rapid according to HC rations that you go to eat.That said, telling you that the NPH is very old, it is practically not used, because you need very fixed schedules to eat and the schedules limits you a lot, which we have been in diabetes for many years, we have all used it and I remember that it was slavery.
If you are high, it is because you do not have the slow one or you get little fast depending on what you eat.If you get abasaglate at night, you have to see how you get up in the morning, if you get up high (in my case above 130), you fall short of slow, and normally you have to climb 2 in 2 u, butYou will have to tell you and control your endocrine.If you are in Hiper all the time, almost certainly you are slow and then you have to see if you adjust the quick.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/28/2021 9:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.