Basal adjust (Lantus)

Unachicacondt1's profile photo   04/03/2021 9:06 a.m.

Hello to adjust the basal (lantus), would the 1: 1 method be used?
I get Lantus 6u at 23:00

Unachicacondt1's profile photo
Unachicacondt1
04/03/2021 9:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Unachicacondt1

It seems that your endocrine has not explained you much and they have not given you any course.That is dangerous.Request urgently that I sign up for some kinds of diabetes.Here we can help you something but there are many things.You can also buy some simple book.

The slow does not fit the rapid.You have to look at your glycemia before bedtime and then get up before breakfast.

For example, if you go to bed in 110 and you get up in lathes at that figure, more or less, it means that you have the dose of slow.But if you get up in 150-160 it means that you are missing units.But before increasing you have to follow the three -day rule: three days in a row raising you, I repeat in a row, it means increasing the slow.You can increase in a unit and then you will have to check for another three days in a row.If you keep lifting you, then you increase another unit.So until you go back to lift yourself around the same values ​​that you lying down you

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/03/2021 1:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel Aver I think what is understood more or Menod t djo an example
Before I lie, I look at the glycemia and I am at 120 the next morning I look at myEvery 3 day.
Then something else k read that to adjust the basal there is k eat 0g HC q you can only eat broths, meats, fish .....

Unachicacondt1
04/03/2021 3:14 p.m.

@Unachicacondt1

You leave me perplexed!I do not understand anything of the last one that you say.Where have you read that to adjust the basal is there k eating 0 gr Hc ???I just explained it !!!!

Talk urgently with your endocrine.You need you very much

jldiazdel
04/03/2021 3:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yaya @jldiazdel If the explanation understood theIt has been with type 1 diabetes since 2001.

Unachicacondt1
04/03/2021 5:48 p.m.

Hi @unachicacondt1, pay attention to what @jldiazdel tells you that he knows well what he's talking about, he has helped me a lot with my son's debut.Regarding the units of the Lantus, we follow the indications of the endocrine, right now my son puts 10 units at night, the truth is that I have no idea how it is calculated, I suppose that it will depend on each personal circumstance (weight, height, daily activity..etc) it is very important that you consult with your endocrine and that he gives you the guideline to follow.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/03/2021 7:17 p.m.

And if before bed my blood glucose is in 110mg do I have to put the basal ???

Unachicacondt1
04/03/2021 9:04 p.m.

@Unachicacondt1

That question makes no sense

Since when do you have type 1 diabetes and who is your doctor?

jldiazdel
04/03/2021 9:10 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

unachicacondt1 said:
yaya @jldiazdel if the explanation understood it ... Well, it is who has told me what to adjust the basal... for 1 day, a woman who has been with type 1 diabetes for Instagram for Instagram has told me since 2001.

If you do not eat the basal I should keep you in similar values ​​all day, but I really do not see it ... eat normal, put fast for each meal and adjust the basal as they have already explained.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
04/03/2021 9:33 p.m.

I think it is not good to dinner 4R HC I just controlled sugar and almost 400mg and that I am following the guidelines that my medical team put me
Des: 2: 2
Com: 4: 2
CEN: 4: 2 Novorapid
BASAL 6U 23:00

Unachicacondt1
04/03/2021 11:14 p.m.

unachicacondt1 said:

I think you are not sure so that each type of insulin is worth.I don't know if you have not been informed you well or you haven't heard.The fast glycemia goes down what you eat at breakfast, lunch and dinner and in all meals that you do.The basal is the slow insulin that you put in your case at night, I do not know which one you put on but there are several: Lantus, Toujeo, Tresiba etc.This basal insulin makes you that between food and food you are stable, so that what questions of what if you are at 110It is not to get off what you eat at dinner but to stay stable the following 24 h.For dinner you will have to put the quick according to what you go to dinner.
If you have those figures that you comment, it is clear that you have nothing tight, or that you do not calculate the hydrates that you are going to eat at dinner, or you do not know your ratio.Please speak with your endocrine and tell him to send you an educator in DB, I think you have a tremendous mess with everything and you cannot continue thus giving blind sticks.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/04/2021 12:05 a.m.

@Meginer Well my educator only m explain what I made the novorapid but of the lantus nothing, the uniko k told me this you take it at night at that time and if my ratio (s) according to my educator, at breakfast 1: 1 and the food and dinner Ratio: 0.5
I point it to me in the notebook that I had a dond, I aimed what the rations HC etc etc.And that some .......
Dee my controls were in 300 and Piko 400 and Piko

Unachicacondt1
04/04/2021 8:52 a.m.

unachicacondt1 said:
@meginer because my educator only m explainmy ratio (s) according to my educator, at breakfast 1: 1 and the food and dinner ratio: 0.5
I point it to me in the notebook that I had a dond, I aimed what the rations HC etc etc.And that some .......
Dee my controls were in 300 and Piko 400 and Piko

Well, it changes endocrine because it is not normal what questions, they are very basic things that have already known just out of the hospital.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/04/2021 9:13 a.m.

Hi @unachicacondt1, so you comment to score in a notebook I understand that you have debuted recently.A 300-400 glucose is very high and if so in the long run you can have health problems.
It is not bad to dinner 4HC, it is more I have 4.5hc, what exactly did you dinner?All foods do not rise the same or with the same speed.Do you take right? What?
What glucose meter have you given you? Do you have insulin dose calculator?
The advice I give you is that you click the insulin of dinner 15 min before dinner (eye if you were 70-80 not because you would surely cause hypoglycemia) since the effect of insulin is not immediate, with thisWhat we want to get is that your curve is as flat as possible and begins to take effect before the food will begin to rise and thus prevent you from reaching those 300-400.As you get up with values ​​above the glucose objective, it rises 1 unit, which clicks at the quick dinner (the slow one continues to leave it in 6), that is, if you click 2 units for those 4HC Try 3 units.
About calculating slowly without taking HC ... The same was years ago but now not: S

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
04/04/2021 11:44 a.m.

Speaking of the Lantus, at 23:58 I did a control came out 104mg a good figure, and I put on the 6u of Lantus who assigned my educator ... can I take a juice without problem?

Unachicacondt1
04/04/2021 11:27 p.m.

A juice?If you do not put insulin, you should not and less at 12 noon at night.
The lantus always has to put it at the same time regardless of whether or not you go, to eat or drink

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/05/2021 2:33 p.m.

@Unachicacondt1

You have not answered the question since when you have type 1 diabetes and who/where do they treat you?The questions/comments that you do do not make much sense the truth.

You have to search/change endocrine soon, but if you tell us in which center they treat you maybe someone in the forum can recommend something.

jldiazdel
04/05/2021 6:56 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Unachicacondt1
Basal Lantus insulin you have to put it at the same time approximately every day, 30 min up or down do not alter their effect.As you have explained, this insulin keeps us stable because the body generates glucose, not only during meals and we need to metabolize that glucose to use our body.
The doctor gives you an initial dose, in your case 6 units.If you get up from 160 several days in a row, you should put 8 units for three days in a row to rectify and see if you get up between 80-140mg/dl.And on the contrary.If you get up with 80mg/dl or less three days in a row, you should put 4 units the next 3 days to see if you are inside the recommended threshold.

You can take a juice and see what effect it produces on your body.As it seems that you have recently debuted, it will surely upload you a little but at two hours you will be stable again.

If you know how to calculate the ratio, you can eat the rations you want.But be careful!Foods with fats and proteins make blood glucose rise after the effect of rapid insulin.That is, I put 6 units for 3R with some fat or protein (in my exclusive case, that is my ratio) and for two and a half hours I am between 80-125mg/dl at 3 hours, I see that my sensor indicatesglycemia climb and it's my turn to reinforce with 2 extra insulin extras if I don't want to be high until the next meal.In my case, it is almost always because of the Parmesan cheese that I love and I am not able to eat just a little.

Ask for an appointment with diabetological nurses, it is important that they help you or if not in an association of diabetics of your population.You should also ask the endocrine to put you in the Freestyle program to put a glycemia sensor and see how your body works.The first year hormones do not usually affect, but in the second year, female hormones change ratios and we have to change doses many times.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/06/2021 12:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.