Glucometer error ??

Isi's profile photo   07/26/2021 11:05 p.m.

Hello good:

Tonight at 2 hours from dinner we have measured my daughter and the sensor marked 240 and climbing ... 1 hour after dinner was in 159 stable.Lately we notice that sometimes it stays quickly but not in all meals.

As we know that the sensor goes half crazy with the extremes we have made a capillaA Glucometer that we bought in case we broke the one they gave us in the hospital and marked 260.

This last figure has already square us more but I don't know which to trust the truth.The strips are not expired and the only thing that occurs to us is that the glucometer was quite cold because we kept it in the same wallet as the insulins and now in summer we always carry a cold bag that we are getting into the freezer.Can you spoil the glucometer when you are in contact with the cold bag?Should we discard the glucometer?

Thank you!!

Isi's profile photo
Isi
07/26/2021 11:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you doubt, contact the brand.They sent me some control liquids for free and I was looking at it and in my case the strips were wrong, I also checked them with other strips that I had and the difference was a pass

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/27/2021 12:24 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

You do not need to get into the freezer, there are cold wallets that only need water to activate and keep the insulin about five or six days without needing freezer or fridge.

I could not the glucometer near something frozen, but as you tell you or ask the glycometer laboratory.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/27/2021 9:18 a.m.

Link

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
07/27/2021 2:11 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you all.Today it already gives me similar values ​​to those of the sensor and in both glucometer to equals.I will ask in Abbot despite.

Thank you all

Isi's profile photo
Isi
07/27/2021 4:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.