Get high to dinner

almuvaldes22's profile photo   04/07/2021 10:37 p.m.

Hello again to see if you can help me, when you arrive high before some food, as you do 9ara to put the insulin, I put the insulin that corresponds to me about what I am going to eat the correction all together and I wait 15 minutes to eat, I use fiasp, I don't know if that's how it is done ... Thank you for everything you are helping me a lot of greeting

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
04/07/2021 10:37 p.m.

Sugarsugar

There are two options:
- The one you comment, I do it if I am between 160-180 because it does not make me peak.
- Correct to go down to normal value, wait for what it goes down and then put the dose corresponding to the food.I do this if I am above 200 because if not, the peak is tremendous.

In any case I avoid being above 160, as soon as I see that it will not go down after the food, I correct myself to be fine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/08/2021 9:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If I tbn me to be good good but sometimes even so, at the last minute of ka I tend to get on.Thank you

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
04/08/2021 10:32 a.m.

Sugarsugar

@almovaldes22

I do something very similar to what Ruthbia tells you but I look at the sensor's trend.If it is stable, depending on the value I put the correction and what corresponds to me for dinner or I wait a little more for dinner.
If you are climbing slightly, I get some more correction, because it will continue to rise a little.It has ever happened to me to put the correction and then it was insufficient for that reason.If the upload trend is high, I wait patiently to stabilize, delay dinner (if possible), and when I see that it ends, I put the correction that corresponds.In this case, I wait sometimes more than half an hour to start dinner.It is not ideal, but sometimes it happens to us.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/08/2021 11:37 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.