Type 1 diabetes and endometriosis

saraluz's profile photo   04/08/2021 1:09 p.m.

Hello, I am 33 years old and type 1 diabetes since 11. 4 years ago I had a benign ovarian cyst and discovered that I have start of endometriosis.Before the operation suffered constant episodes of insulin resistance, and with the hormonal changes of menstruation they were accentuated.From the operation until a couple of weeks ago I had managed to carry out very good control of the disease, levels, exercise, weight, food ... well, two weeks ago I feel swollen and with pains similar to those I had beforeThe operation.I go to bed with 120-130 and get up with 300-350.Until two weeks ago I had to lie a little higher because if I didn't get up.I have not made any change of diet or exercise, and it seems that insulin does not take effect, instead if the basal increases to avoid the climb when I wake up, I am low all day, even if I regulate the rapid.I don't know what to do, there is very little information about diabetes and endometriosis, and I fear that hormonal changes affect much more than we believe.Thanks in advance for your help

saraluz's profile photo
saraluz
04/08/2021 1:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello ... I'm afraid I'm not a doctor.And capable of my comment is not timely.You tried to put a cold towel in the place of the ovaries, that calms.Take medication for pain, what about pain?

Patri_msa 's profile photo
Patri_msa
04/09/2021 11:03 a.m.

Diabetica T1 debut 2017. Tratamiento desde enero 2018.
Basal Nph y ajustes Novorapid.

A new medication is capable of uploading glycemia.

Patri_msa
04/09/2021 11:54 a.m.

patri_ms said:
hello ... I'm afraid I'm not a doctor.And capable of my comment is not timely.You tried to put a cold towel in the place of the ovaries, that calms.Take medication for pain, what about pain?

I appreciate the advice but the problem is not pain, the problem is hyperglycemia that are not caused by food or insulin error, since the endocrine I know do not know how to help me with that.

saraluz's profile photo
saraluz
04/09/2021 12:34 p.m.

patri_ms said:
capable of a new medication uploads such high glycemia.

I am not taking any medication or I have made any change in the routine, they are hyperglycemia such as when you have an infection and fever and even if you do not eat you

saraluz's profile photo
saraluz
04/09/2021 12:35 p.m.

Then you have an infection and that's why it goes up, as you say.
You can take some medication to remove it that glycemia goes down.Can you also upload the basal or the fast ... Have you tried?

Patri_msa
04/09/2021 1:48 p.m.

Take what I say with tweezers, more than anything because I say it from my experience since I am not a doctor.In addition the body in the ovulation and mestruation period rises glycemia, I think that several HSN commented that ...

Patri_msa
04/09/2021 1:53 p.m.

Your sure gynecology will help you more ... but I suppose hormonal changes change glycemia trends without a doubt ...

Patri_msa
04/09/2021 1:54 p.m.

You should talk to your gynecologist, there may be no relationship for hyperglycemia and it is something else.
Ovulation as menstruation alters us by hormones, we must climb the dose of basal and rapid.
Change the basal time, to see if you improve.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/09/2021 10:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Saraluz said:
Hello, I am 33 years old and type 1 diabetes since 11. 4 years ago I had an ovarian benign cyst and discovered that I have start of endometriosis.Before the operation suffered constant episodes of insulin resistance, and with the hormonal changes of menstruation they were accentuated.From the operation until a couple of weeks ago I had managed to carry out very good control of the disease, levels, exercise, weight, food ... well, two weeks ago I feel swollen and with pains similar to those I had beforeThe operation.I go to bed with 120-130 and get up with 300-350.Until two weeks ago I had to lie a little higher because if I didn't get up.I have not made any change of diet or exercise, and it seems that insulin does not take effect, instead if the basal increases to avoid the climb when I wake up, I am low all day, even if I regulate the rapid.I don't know what to do, there is very little information about diabetes and endometriosis, and I fear that hormonal changes affect much more than we believe.Thanks in advance for your help

hello.300 fasting glycemia is high.I think that if your endocrine can't help you then you can't look for another endocrine?Your gynecologist can also help you.Gynecologists handle the issue of hormones very well since menstrual cycles have a thyroid -related cycle and many other hormones.Maybe it may be an infection or something.Who can help you the most is the doctor.Do not abandon, you may need a battery of studies (ego, blood chemistry, hematic biometry, lipid profile, HCG, thyroid, etc.) so that when you go with your doctor or doctor you have a better vision of what may be happening to you.

My wife at some point had endometriosis and the gynecologist sent him medications to "control" ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/11/2021 10:17 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Thank you very much to all for the answers, I have spent a day in the hospital with endocrine, gynecologist and more doctors, they have done many tests and still know the cause.They have confirmed that it is not caused by bad control or misuse of insulin.If the mystery is finally resolved, I tell you.

saraluz's profile photo
saraluz
05/17/2021 12:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.