Glucose rise during a match

elisa74's profile photo   04/12/2021 1:43 a.m.

Ignaciolorenzo said:
When I played there were no patches.He wore the glucometer and juices.I put less insulin and ate a little more (mainly paste).I already retired.

As a coach I have not had any diabetic player, but in my club there has been any.

My club at the beginning of the season in the player's registration there is a section that puts "diseases."Coaches must know that this player suffers from a disease, an allergy, etc.It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to indicate it in the document.If we are not blind.

In training and games, the player and his feelings send.I recommend glucometer measurement (because with patch you can't play) in breaks.We and any string person will not play with the health of an athlete.

The Real Madrid Nacho player is diabetic.But of course he has a brutal medical team.

Good Ignacio!
Enchanted to meet other coaches and former athletes with diabetes.
I did exactly the same when I played, namely the ups and downs that we will have had without knowing during the games ..
I did not know that it was forbidden to play with sensors, because if you protect yourself well I do not understand that prohibition (putting it instead of in the arm in another area of ​​the body).
There are many high -level athletes with diabetes, so the Diabetes Congress believes: in the first person, to give visibility
All the best

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
07/23/2021 10:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.