Free2 erratic values ​​after a shower or when the sun is given in the sensor

marine's profile photo   04/15/2021 10:58 a.m.

Good chic@s,

Since I use Diabox with free2 I have been observing from the last 3 sensors that there is an anomaly that is repeated ...

-For a shower
-Conducing and that the sun in your arm even if you have clothes on ...

There is a pattern that is repeated ...... The sensor begins to mark a very acute down .... and after passing 10min of the shower or ...In the shadow ... the sensor gives again correct values ​​...

It is so rare ... that even in the graph ... where when reading a chopped drop ... when returning to the normal value this value of the graph disappears.

I would like to know if it happens to you too and if there is any way or someone knows how to correct these situations because a shower is worth ... but now on the street that begins to raise temperatures and be with values ​​like this ... It is crazy.

I have called Abbot and the answer is ... the sensor works correctly between 10º-45º if your sensor is doing that ... Check with hair values ​​and there is discrepancy because the sensor will be defective but the grace is thatThis takes me minimum 3 sensors back, since I have been observing it to analyze whether this anomalous pattern became routine.

What do you think?

marine's profile photo
marine
04/15/2021 10:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

marine said:
good chic@s,

Since I use Diabox with free2 I have been observing from the last 3 sensors that there is an anomaly that is repeated ...

-For a shower
-Conducing and that the sun in your arm even if you have clothes on ...

There is a pattern that is repeated ...... The sensor begins to mark a very acute down .... and after passing 10min of the shower or ...In the shadow ... the sensor gives again correct values ​​...

It is so rare ... that even in the graph ... where when reading a chopped drop ... when returning to the normal value this value of the graph disappears.

I would like to know if it happens to you too and if there is any way or someone knows how to correct these situations because a shower is worth ... but now on the street that begins to raise temperatures and be with values ​​like this ... It is crazy.

I have called Abbot and the answer is ... the sensor works correctly between 10º-45º if your sensor is doing that ... Check with hair values ​​and there is discrepancy because the sensor will be defective but the grace is thatThis takes me minimum 3 sensors back, since I have been observing it to analyze whether this anomalous pattern became routine.

What do you think?

I can tell you that you can expect anything from the FSL sensors.Tonight an alarm woke me up at 1:30, I went to scan and told me exhausted sensor, when they had 7 days of life.I had to put another and wait until 2:30 for the warming period.

Strange events with the figures have also had a thousand.

Anyway, what can I tell you ...

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/15/2021 11:52 a.m.

@marine

You could look, if you can, how much that anomaly occurs, make a normal reading with the mobile or with the free reader and see what it tells you.To know if the problem is in Diabox.You may not have the free and read -reading algorithm "without adjusting."It is to rule out something.
The sun/heat greatly affects the sensor, but I don't understand the shower.Except that you use very hot water.
I can't think of anything else, really

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/15/2021 4:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel

That was the first thing I tried to rule out is more because of the Diabox calibration, it throws a more approximate value than in the official app that exaggerates it even more.

I have also asked about other Facebook groups and I am not the only one that happens so garlic and water ...

marine's profile photo
marine
04/15/2021 6:57 p.m.

It has never happened to me but it is also true that I must be one of the few that, as a general rule, almost all the sensors have come good for me.
The only time the sensor caught the heat was because it was in Mexico more than 40º and put something like the sensor was very hot.After a while he returned to his being.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/15/2021 10:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri for taking some feedback,

Do you use Free's own reader?or the mobile?
Do you use extra official app such as diabox or xDrip?

In case of being with mobile, what model?

Thank you

marine's profile photo
marine
04/16/2021 9:30 a.m.

To me with the freestyle after the shower gives me higher values.But 5 minutes later it is stabilized.
At night it gives me false hypos, which I have read that it is when sleeping on it (I sleep from side and I can't change that).I get up and in 5 minutes it returns to normal.
I started using it in January so I don't know how it will go in summer ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/16/2021 4:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The shower also happens to me !!
But like @isabelbota, it gives me higher values

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/18/2021 11:18 a.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

@marine use only the reader himself.I tried the mobile app with the mobile app and I had to pass the mobile minimum twice to give me the reading and the alarms did not work for me.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/18/2021 10:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri because the same is the question ... as managed by the app or the physical reader ..

Thank you!

marine's profile photo
marine
04/19/2021 8:05 a.m.

@Marine has left me: very hot sensor, wait 10 min and very cold sensor wait 10 min.With water I have not had any effect on the 5 years that I have been using.
I was in the sun with a black swimsuit sunbathing in the sensor area an approx hour and that of cold on the bike this winter, as I carry in the buttock, despite the mesh, the body is cold by the air.

The correct measures always.I have waited for him to recover and give the value where I leave it.
Leo with FreeLink and Diabox mobile, and free glucometer 1. All fine in both cases.

That yes, bad ones have come out.Now I have a new one because the previous one sold out 3 days before its expiration.As other times, it began to measure between 45-70 maximum being at 170 or less, and 24 hours you get the sensor message does not work, replace it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/20/2021 8:25 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.