Fasting in 109. Two hours later 165. Four and a half hours after 60

smartinez's profile photo   04/15/2021 3:31 p.m.

Hello,
I listen to people talk about the flat curve.My glucose today has been when I wake up 109, I have breakfast coffee with milk and saccharin and three toast and a half toast of comprehensive toast with butter.Two hours later I had 165 and after another two and a half hours (I had not eaten anything again) it has dropped to 60. I did not use insulin and have removed the efficibib pill that I took in the morning, I only take it at night.I guess these high and low are those that should be avoided, right?What levels at what levels should be correct?I have always heard that it goes from 70 to 180, but I do not know if this rise and that low descent are also bad and you have to avoid them.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/15/2021 3:31 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

They are inside the range, and more to be breakfast and have eaten bread, I would like having those figures with medication and everything

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/15/2021 3:41 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Those values ​​are very good !!Well the 60s not so much, you have to prevent it from going down more ... the 165 after breakfast is very good

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/18/2021 11:21 a.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

smartinez said:
hello,
I listen to people talk about the flat curve.My glucose today has been when I wake up 109, I have breakfast coffee with milk and saccharin and three toast and a half toast of comprehensive toast with butter.Two hours later I had 165 and after another two and a half hours (I had not eaten anything again) it has dropped to 60. I did not use insulin and have removed the efficibib pill that I took in the morning, I only take it at night.I guess these high and low are those that should be avoided, right?What levels at what levels should be correct?I have always heard that it goes from 70 to 180, but I do not know if this rise and that low descent are also bad and you have to avoid them.

hello.Do you have DB1 or DB2?.do you use insulin?fasting glucose is fine, but the drop of 60 is not good (I think).Breakfast was a lot of carbohydrate, right?3 toasted!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/18/2021 11:27 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
smartinez said:
hello, hel

hello.Do you have DB1 or DB2?.do you use insulin?fasting glucose is fine, but the drop of 60 is not good (I think).Breakfast was a lot of carbohydrate, right?3 toasted!.

Well, I still don't know what kind of diabetes I have.The antibodies are negative but my endocrine says that in spite of that I have all the looks of being a lada.Those descents give me a lot to two or three hours of breakfast, 54, 55, 59 ....... For now I do not use insulin because the moment levels have lowered me and I have controlled them or so I think that those descents......., I don't know because they happen to me.It is true that that day I took more hydrates than I should, it has something to do.The truth is that I still do not know how to work this of food, the uploads, descents ...... I have to learn.

smartinez
04/18/2021 1:54 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

If you do not use insulin that medication they take to lower glycemia?

Alberto_13
04/18/2021 3:51 p.m.

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "alberto_13"
<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "alberto_13"

I am taking EFFICIB, before I took one in the morning and another at night.Now I have been removed in the morning but my endocrine says that medication has nothing to do with that it happens to me because the pancreas does not work well.There are times that lowers me to 54.55, 59 ..... and I have to take a fruit to get me

smartinez
04/18/2021 4:09 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

I do not know what your endo means that the pancreas does not work well, it only occurs to me that the medication is not adequate, it is worrying those low glucose values ​​and more but insulin

Alberto_13
04/18/2021 6:03 p.m.

alberto_13 said:

I agree, it is not good that there is so much and there is no control.Maybe I must consult with another endocrine and also think about using a continuous glucose monitor.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/18/2021 6:22 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

I do not understand that they tell you that the medication has nothing to do.The medication regulates us (apart from what we put on our part with food and exercise).It makes no sense, really.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/18/2021 6:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, glucometers all have an error, they can mark you 60 and be really at 70.
If you are fine and you have no symptoms of hypoglycemia, I would not worry.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2021 7:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

alberto_13 said:

The fact is that my endocrine says that the medication I take if I am lada does not take effect, so it took away the morning.I wanted to take everything out but I was afraid to run out of medication PQ with those pills I managed to lower the glucose (I had it in 271) and he told me to continue only the morning if I wanted.That is why it says that it is not of the medication according to her does nothing to me.

smartinez
04/18/2021 11:09 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

matrix said:
alberto_13 said:
I don't know what your endo means that the pancreas does not work well, it only occurs to me that the medication is notThe adequate, it is worrying those low glucose values ​​and more but insulin we put yourself

I agree, it is not good that there is so much and there is no control.Maybe I must consult with another endocrine and also think about using a continuous glucose monitor.
& lt;/blockquote
Of glucose monitor you have told me several but also that it has a high price.I will have to plant it.

smartinez
04/18/2021 11:10 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Isabelbota said:
I do not understand that they tell you that the medication has nothing to do.The medication regulates us (apart from what we put on our part with food and exercise).It makes no sense, the truth.

Well, she told me.I think it has something to see because it started to happen to me when I started with the pills.Now that I have stopped taking the one in the mornings, it happens to me less but Tb happens to me.

smartinez
04/18/2021 11:12 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

regina said:
well, glucometers all have an error, can mark you 60 and be really at 70.

When that happens to me, I feel it because I wear a nervous tong and I notice something weird in my body, let's feel when my glucose lowers me, I take a piece of apple and after a while I am better.

smartinez
04/18/2021 11:16 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
regina said:
good, glucometers all have an error, can mark you 60 and really be at 70.

When that happens to me, I feel it because I wear a nervous tong and I notice something weird in my body, let's feel when my glucose lowers me, I take a piece of apple and after a while I am better.

When do you "feel" that glucose lowers you why do you not cool with the glucometer and do you see if you have to eat something?But it will not be "bad" to depend on "feeling" glucose drop?Maybe an continued meter suits you, even if it is temporary.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/18/2021 11:22 p.m.

alberto_13 said:

Before starting with medication, being type 2 I have come to have values ​​of 40. In fact I was about 8 months at the beginning of diagnosis without medication and had hypoglycemia practically every day.

By this I mean that when type 2 we are not well regulated, it can also happen clearly.Not managing the pancreas well, you can do it in excess or in default, making abrupt increases and descents.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/19/2021 11:53 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
alberto_13 said:

Before starting with medication, being type 2 I have come to have values ​​of 40. In fact I was about 8 months at the beginning of diagnosis without medication and had hypoglycemia practically every day.

By this I mean that when type 2 we are not well regulated, it can also happen clearly.Not managing the pancreas well, you can do it in excess or in default, making abrupt increases and descents.

Hi @anif Can I ask you how much is your C peptide?And if you have negative antibodies?I still do not know if I am Lada or type 2, I have negative antibodies but the very low C peptide

smartinez
04/19/2021 12:28 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

@Smartinez My peptide C was in January from 2020 to 2 ng/ml, right now, no idea because although I did analysis a few weeks ago they asked me ...

I also wanted to tell you, that today, that I am medicated and quite well controlled (or so I think), in the morning if not as something in the middle of the morning, about 13:00 I come down.I'm teleworking, so sitting in a chair all morning ...

Breakfast at 8:30 (coffee with milk and oil roasted), I take something at 11:00 (apple and cheese Burgos) and if I see that I will eat late (15:00), about 13:00 I takeAlso a few almonds.Slaveness I have to think about so many meals, come on ... and if I don't follow that ritual to crackle, when I measure myself I am always below 65 ...

anif's profile photo
anif
04/19/2021 2:07 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
@smartinez my peptide C was in January from 2020 to 2 ng/ml, right now, no idea because although I did analysis a few weeks ago they did not ask me ...

I also wanted to tell you, that today, that I am medicated and quite well controlled (or so I think), in the morning if not as something in the middle of the morning, about 13:00 I come down.I'm teleworking, so sitting in a chair all morning ...

Breakfast at 8:30 (coffee with milk and oil roasted), I take something at 11:00 (apple and cheese Burgos) and if I see that I will eat late (15:00), about 13:00 I takeAlso a few almonds.Slavery having to think about so many meals, come on ... and if I don't follow that ritual to crackle, when I measure myself I am always below 65 ...

Then you are the same as me, I work in an office, all day sitting and if I don't take anything is when it goes down.
From the C peptide I am going to be less lucky than you, my peptide C is at 0.90, we have decreased a lot for what is surely a lada type.

smartinez
04/19/2021 3:13 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.