1-2 year babies

bertab79's profile photo   08/08/2021 3:39 p.m.

Good afternoon, I would like to know if for the forum there are parents of children of 1-2 years, I went through the post of parents but I can not see current experiences with babies of that age and the truth is that we would like to know how you are managing theDiabetes in your children to see if what happens to us is the "normal" in children with diabetes at this age.

Our little one debuted 4 months ago with just 14 months.At first I used Levemir and Humalog Jr and now uses Tresiba and Humalog.They changed us to Tresiba XQ we had nightlife but the truth is that we have continued to have them with the Tresiba and do nothing but get off a unit every week and get up the quick xq now we have huge climbs after meals, like 2 hours at 2 hours.We ask the endocrine to upload the slow and instead we lower it and raise the rapids but still, and especially in the afternoon we get to 300 and we arrive at dinner with 200 or more

We have scheduled that in the snack if it is at 200 we put 0.5 and if more than 300 let's put 1 and do not give it hydrates in this second case, but if we are good for the food and it does not reach 200 to the3 hours, as it begins to rise, even if we did not give him the ration of hydrates in the afternoon would continue to rise.We have also proven that 0.5 does nothing in the snack and that we do not give it the entire ration of hydrates even if its endocrine wants to be.

Tonight has been the first one that we have not had to feed at 5:30 but at the cost of being 300 more than 3 hours.Has reached breakfast with 120
It is true that the slow one only affects how breakfast reaches and that so that it does not have nocturnal hypos you have to lower the slowness even if it supposes that after two hours of the rapid it begins to rise to the beast?

Add that we click and wait 15-20 min before giving food.Take 3 rations in the morning, 1 or nothing, depending on the middle of the morning, 3 at the food, 1 on the snack and 2 at night.

Thank you very much for reading me.

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
08/08/2021 3:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Bertab79, the Tresiba looks good if it is adjusted at night, which is usually quite flat or down 30 or 40 units at most., if it goes down more there would be excess of slow.I don't know if it has a continuous meter, but it would help you a lot.
If you stay high after meals, then you have to climb the fast, or correct, because the three -one will not go down much.
In such young children, adjustment is more difficult, because half a unit already influences them a lot.
If you wake up to 120, getting off well, the slow will be fine.
Little by little you go watching and you will know how to adjust better than anyone, but it takes time and patience.Much encouragement, which will be easier every day.
I do not know if you can adjust the threeiba with a half unit.Comment with the doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/08/2021 5:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, it has a continuous glucose meter, the Connect Guardian.

After eating, it is fine, but it is at 3 hours of having eaten when it starts to climb like a madman and in the snack if we put 0.5 it does nothing and we arrive at dinner at dinner.

After dinner he usually goes down except today that we have it to 275, so I don't even want what is going to be tonight

It is assumed that postprandial glucose is at 2-3 hours of eating, right?And that is fine because after eating it goes down well, the bad is at 3 hours that begins to go like a madman.Is that quickly yet?If it makes us faster, it will make us hiccy after eating because now at two hours it sometimes lowers us to 77 and then it starts up the third hour and at 3 hours we already have it in 165 and although we do not give it HC ofSnack or put insulin because we have it scheduled from 200 continues to rise

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
08/09/2021 11:02 p.m.

And at night?Low or go up?
If you go up during the night, then you need slower.But still a unit is a lot and you adjust better with average.
I do not know if there are three in vials, but if not, using the concentration of 100 u, you can take it out with syringe from the ball.
Only with the concentration of 100., which in that case coincides with syringe units.Tell him with the doctor.
You also have to learn to correct it when he is high, seeing what lowers half a fast unit .. The nurse will teach them.
Little by little ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2021 4:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

At night he goes up to 2-3 and then from that time he starts to go down and around 5-6 towards a mortgage, well, he did not make it eat 0.25 of ration and with that he took us to the8 with 90-100

We have told the doctor to correct it and tell us that at the moment we cannot because the correction factor says that with 0.5 it would go down 180 and that he ends up going down alone.What happens is that it is frustrating to see that the child spends so many hours in hyperglycemia.

The doctor is determined that we do not have to feed him at night, and of course, with 2 of three we were already 3 days without having to give him but at the expense of being very high all day.

We were almost happier with Levemir than with Tresiba.Let's see if we get it up or upload the fast in the snack to put on brake.What happens is that with Levemir only a fast click on breakfast and food and sometimes at dinner and with threeiba we have to click the quick even in the snack and the poor every time it plays prick he starts crying and is very hard

I thank you for reading and trying to clarify concepts

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
08/10/2021 9:45 a.m.

@Bertab79, maybe in such young children, the less less, so as not to prick them so much.Go seeing the one that goes best.
In such young children you tend to avoid hypos.If you have half -unit syringes, you may be able to adjust to a room...
It seems that he has plenty slow and lacks fast ..
,,, The problem is to adjust with such small doses.
Maybe I can give you another endocrine solution, I have read that diluted insulin can be used ...
Little by little you will control it better, as it grows.
There is a Facebook group, Nightscout, from parents, which maybe they can help you.
A lot of patience, which will go better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2021 5:35 p.m.

Thanks for the advice and for the group !!I didn't know him

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
08/10/2021 5:59 p.m.

I know this.Let's see if they can help you
Link
"Pirates with diabetes"

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
08/10/2021 7:27 p.m.

Thank you so much!!!

bertab79's profile photo
bertab79
08/10/2021 9:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.