Buying of insulin in Madrid

Mono's profile photo   08/18/2021 7:08 a.m.

Hello, I would like to know if a medical recipe is needed to buy insulin or if you can get to know what brand you use and buy it in a particular way if you have to go through a doctor who gives you the recipe, thanks already, I wait for your answers

Mono's profile photo
Mono
08/18/2021 7:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You need a recipe to buy it in the pharmacy.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/18/2021 8:44 a.m.

You need a medical recipe, but if they know you sell it to you but it comes out for € 80.
I have once bought it and then I have taken the recipe.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/18/2021 12:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

anaisabel said:
you need a recipe to buy it in the pharmacy.

Do you need a recipe for an endocrinologist or a general doctor can it be prescribed?Sorry, I ask a lot but I don't live there and I need to inform me about that, thank you

Mono's profile photo
Mono
08/18/2021 7:41 p.m.

ruthbia said:
you need a medical recipe, but if they know you sell it but it comes out for € 80.
I have once bought it and then I have taken the recipe.

With recipe does it cost the same?For the recipe I need a endocrinologist or a general practitioner can?Thanks for answering 😊

Mono's profile photo
Mono
08/18/2021 7:42 p.m.

It is not necessary to be endocrine, they can do it at the health center or a private doctor.
If you do not belong to Social Security, you have to pay it at the price of pharmacy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/18/2021 8:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With recipe are about 4 euros.
The recipe as Regina tells you can make a doctor.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/18/2021 9:31 p.m.

The recipe is made by a doctor, but if it is not from the Spanish Social Security it will cost you about 80 euros.If a doctor does here are about 4 euros.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/19/2021 8:44 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
The recipe is made by a doctor, but it is not of Spanish Social Security will cost you about 80 euros.If a doctor does here are about 4 euros.

Can I access social security being from another country?🤔

Mono's profile photo
Mono
08/21/2021 1:51 a.m.

@Mono, I think you have to be registered here.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/21/2021 12:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I went to the Summa on Espronceda Street on a Sunday because I had spoiled all the slow insulin in the fridge (incredible, the fast was perfect) and I just put it in the morning.

I was overwhelmed and there the doctor on guard gave me a kind of report, as a provisional recipe for the pharmacy, warning that they should sell it even if I had no recipe.

In the pharmacy they told me that I did well to go through the Summa, because without a recipe or some document like the one they gave me they could not sell it to me.They sold me the insulin at full price (more than € 80) and they told me that they would return the corresponding if I took the recipe.I did so after a couple of days.Without recipe you pay everything even if you have a document (different from the recipe) that allows you to buy it.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/26/2021 6:02 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

mono said:
ruthbia said:
The recipe is made by a doctor, but if it is not of the Spanish Social Security it will cost you about 80 euros.If a doctor does here are about 4 euros.

Can I access social security being from another country?🤔

I spend a link that, maybe it clarifies something.I get the conclusion that if you have been in Spain for 3 months, you can be part of the health system but if you are not at all.I hope it serves you;)

Link

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/26/2021 6:08 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.