Type 1. Do not puncture quickly, is there a risk of clicking only Lantus?

Rescueme's profile photo   08/18/2021 5:07 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am new in the forum but I have been reading post for a long time.

I have type 1 diabetes and I carry the freestyle.

I am normally quite regulated although I have a bit of overweight but my post comes because for personal issues (bad love) I am going a few quite complicated days and I am not hungry.

I have 2 days just drinking a little broth and some juice and above all drinking water (what is not missing) the question is that I hardly take hydrates and therefore I do not ske.

I'm afraid I will take a few days to recover the mood but I wondered if there is any risk, as I say I'm not hungry, nothing comes in.

Do not prick insulin is not good but with only the lantus (40U) is there any risk?

For the theme of love evil I already have an appointment but it will be in about 3 days.

Rescueme's profile photo
Rescueme
08/18/2021 5:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Add that in the last 48h I have been 96% in target and if I intuit low sugar I take some juice.

Rescueme's profile photo
Rescueme
08/18/2021 5:09 p.m.

@Rescueme, if you have good control, nothing happens, but it seems very slow .., Be careful with the hypos, and improve yourself soon, because you can stay anemic, if you do not eat.Give you something to encourage you, serotonin is the best.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/18/2021 8:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Rescueme

Well if you have a sensor and you also do some additional control I see no problem.
It does not seem to me that your diet is very balanced if you do not drink vegetables and proteins.
There are vegetables that have very few carbohydrates.If you walk after eating you don't need a quick insulin.And some proteins could do well.A little chicken or fish.It is not a diabetes issue but to eat balanced.

And I hope you spend the "love evil."The passage of time helps see things from another perspective and what seems like a great tragedy and the end of the world because it is not.Life continues.Cheer up !!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/18/2021 8:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

You should take into account and therefore control if you are in ketosis.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/18/2021 9:28 p.m.

If you are not ingesting hydrates, you will be in ketosis, but as you put a lot of basal, you will not have cetoacidosis problems.

Try to eat some hydrate, milk, yogurt, chicken, rabbit or fish, fruits, cheeses are light, they have a good time when one is moody.

And a lot of encouragement, there is no harm that lasts 100 years or body that accompanies him;)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/19/2021 8:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When I am low, I enter yogurt and fruit, especially banana, a piece of bread with oil ... things that do not become very heavy because it is true that I somatizo a lot and everything goes to the stomach.Much encouragement !!!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/20/2021 9:17 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.