Desperate

Isi's profile photo   04/23/2021 8:08 a.m.

For the theme of the punctures my son has recently uses TICKELFLEX that helps him not notice the puncture.The sweets when there is hiccups are going very well.If the birthday comes, we eat cake and then what it fits without carbohydrates.It is important as someone has said the quantities.I could eat everything but it is fast carbohydrate better than not a lot.
That is easy to say now, but I debuted in 2017 and that year I have the poor every day because it was sure
My advice: The Ticketlex so that I do not fear the punctures, give him what Pwro likes in less quantity (if he is distributed between two different meals), to give him caprices because he is but very difficult and long to carry and, above all a lotpatience😅

evacf's profile photo
evacf
04/24/2021 3:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello again,

First of all a lot of encouragement.The video I shared is to understand the disease a bit, I can obviously not move to a child because the situations are not the same.

On the other hand, I, starting from an optimistic attitude, I think your daughter will see in the future the cure of diabetes.I have read a very interesting article where American researchers have managed to cure it in mice.There is a world left until we can have a human treatment and many of us will not know her but I am convinced that your daughter would know her.

I share the news:

Link

Colt's profile photo
Colt
04/24/2021 10:05 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Thank you!!I hope it's like that and we can see it.It will be the best day of our life.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
04/24/2021 11:06 p.m.

Dear family!I would like to show all my support and strength to continue.Everything will go well, you will see.You have to look at results every 3 months.Nothing happens that one day has a rush or has whim.It is easy to control.My son debuted with 15 months (April 2017), the world fell on me, I couldn't even prick it, I just cried ... Diabetes is a hard fight, but you have to be aware that life will never be as before.From now on, you have to eat healthy and sweet only specific days such as birthday parties.When my son does not let me prick him and wants to eat something, I let him click, and if he will not have anything.And many times he clicks.
Soon you will have the hydrates tables memorized, but I almost always do it to the eye.It depends on the physical activity that the girl does, it will not be necessary to prick her (if she makes psycho in the school to reduce the amount of insulin that day).Above all, it helped me a lot to change basal insulin (from Lantus to go to Tresiba).You will see that everything will be fine.With continuous glucose monitoring system it is increasingly easier to control sugar levels.If you have a bit left over, then take advantage of.The best doctors are you who are with her every day and have practice.Encourage, everything will be fine

annie's profile photo
annie
04/26/2021 11:50 p.m.

The first mood, at first it is hard but you can with it.In my case my sister has diabetes since I was 3 years old and then there were no sensors and the insulins were a lot of worse, the punctures with Jeringillas ... and 30 years later is perfect without any complication.My parents suppose they had a very bad time but we went ahead the whole family.Then I had to debut with 17 years and now with 35 I am in my first pregnancy and everything is perfect.Both my sister and I have studied, traveled, and we have both a job that we like and in general we are happy like any other person.Diabetes will not prevent your daughter from doing anything.You will have a worse one but she is going to get used to it and will take it well.

As for the sweets my sister gave him for the jelly beans or things like that and in compliance and others ate cake just like the rest.It is a matter of learning to control and as they say they give it smaller portions.You can also look for wet or low hydrates sweets recipes that are now a lot and so you can give it caprices more frequently without so much problem.There are cakes, ice cream, cookies ... that you can do almost without hydrates.It is a matter of spending a little time to look for and then in the kitchen but you can make some whim every week and not complicate so much with glucose.And you are fulfilled or away from home because what the rest of the children eat.
There is a website that has many low hydrates recipes with a dessert section, it's called dietdoctor.Also if you are looking on Instagram, there are many people who make Keto who puts recipes for very good desserts, I love @lisvalera for example.He is about to get a book that versions up to Donuts, Roscón de Reyes without almost hydrates and a few more things.And on his Instagram he has many free dessert recipes.There are things that are not the same but others do not show the difference.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/27/2021 11:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you!Thank you!Yesterday and today they have been good days, very good and we are happy.Now it's time to be happy on bad days.Your messages help us a lot.

Tomorrow we have the birthday of one of her best friends ... They will only take a chocolate cake to the park where we usually get together.Do you have any recommendation on how to calculate the hydrates in a cake?My wife is already negotiating with her how is the piece that eats but we do not know how to calculate those hydrates ... I think it is absurd to weigh it without knowing how much the cake weighs the cake?You how do you do in these cases ...

Call me crazy, but that is the only thing I am thanking the Covid.We have not had a single party throughout the course so we have gotten rid of battle at children's parties ...

Thanks in advance as I always tell you.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
04/28/2021 12:19 a.m.

isi said:
thanks!Thank you!Yesterday and today they have been good days, very good and we are happy.Now it's time to be happy on bad days.Your messages help us a lot.

Tomorrow we have the birthday of one of her best friends ... They will only take a chocolate cake to the park where we usually get together.Do you have any recommendation on how to calculate the hydrates in a cake?My wife is already negotiating with her how is the piece that eats but we do not know how to calculate those hydrates ... I think it is absurd to weigh it without knowing how much the cake weighs the cake?You how do you do in these cases ...

Call me crazy, but that is the only thing I am thanking the Covid.We have not had a single party throughout the course so we have gotten rid of battle at children's parties ...

Thanks in advance as I always tell you.

There are times that everything cannot be calculated ... There you have a case.You will have to use the "eye" technique.Enter it, it won't be the last time you use it ...

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/28/2021 1:21 a.m.

Hi @isi, the first thing a lot and surely you are not some experts.The truth is that I almost always do my cakes and thus put less sugar (and they are very good), in this case it is best to tell you where they have bought the cake and call the bakery saying that they have commissioned that cake and that ifThey can tell you the carbohydrates of the entire cake since you need it for a diabetics.At the time of the eye, because you see that it starts in x more or less equal portions divided the total HC that they have given you and you see if you can take a portion of the size of the rest or it has to be smaller.If they did not want to give what you should do, it is to look for a recipe for a similar one (Pinterest is very good for that) and with that calculations because it will be similar (if it carries a 50hc spongeFlour, chocolate, maybe cream or milk ...)

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
04/28/2021 8:38 a.m.

We with cruasanos tesimadas etc

evacf's profile photo
evacf
04/28/2021 10:38 a.m.

@Isi I write above all to send you a message of encouragement ... now it is logical to be in a nonvivir and everything is a jaleo, but in the end it is everything simple.
I started with diabetes at 16, now I have 35 and as of everything, I handle diabetes not her.
I imagine that your daughter goes with a continuous sensor/ measurement .. that has advantages, but often overwhelm the high blood glucose ... tomorrow, that she enjoy the birthday, I personally would correct little by little.First, because being in a birthday implies that children are upset and move, and with the activity, if you pass insulin there will be hypoglycemia, which is to avoid.And second, the cakes are not just sugar, fat (cream, butter ...) that they carry out the absorption, they usually climb a lot after time.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/28/2021 2:15 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Thank you, I'll tell you ... The funniest thing is that I had never eaten a cake before.We insisted that you tried it in the fulfillment and there was no way ... because now it has been dreaming of your friend's birthday to eat it.If they tell me a year ago I don't believe it.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
04/28/2021 2:54 p.m.

To calculate cakes and others I am very bad because at the time and the truth that I click what it seems to me and then I am correcting if I see that it goes up.
But better that you stay short and then correct if you need to risk a hypo.Nor will anything happen to him because of a high beak one day.Enjoy the birthday and that's it.The important thing is not to be high but peaks from time to time we have all had them and nothing happens.It is corrected and ready.

And if you have so much desire to eat a sweet test to make some dessert at home, which is always easier to manage and so you are not looking forward to.I recommend that you look at a sweetener called erytritol, it does not carry hydrates and is very similar to sugar.It can be cooked and has no rare flavor although it sweeps a little less than sugar.Xilitol is also fine but that if it has hydrates, they are slow and half of what the label says but it is to put small amount is fine.That sweetener like sugar and knows almost the same.The two are easy online and xylitol in many supermarkets (sometimes they call it birch sugar).
For example, if you make a cheese cake, it practically does not have hydrates if you change sugar by sweetener because cheese is almost free.The only thing you put a cookie or carry milk that you will have to tell.I do one of philadelfia and mascarpone without base that is almost without hydrates.The cream mounted the same, if you put sweetest it is free.I at most strawberries and put Erytritol to sweeten.And the biscuits are recipes with almond flour, which if he likes the taste of the almond, they will like and are also almost free.
Ice creams if frozen fruit fruits with cream or Greek yogurt are very good too.They sell frozen blueberries that are very good for this or you can freeze the fruit and crush at the time of eating it.There you tell the fruit and yogurt and voila.In addition to healthy it is very good.If you see that it needs sweeter, then a little sweetener.
If you do these things at home, then you will not have so you want to eat commercial sweets that they are always more complicated to manage and less healthy.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/28/2021 4:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Put less insulin of what you calculate, children in the fulfillment play and move a lot.When you get home, corregís what is needed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2021 4:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

isi said:
thanks, I'll tell you ... the funniest thing is that I had never eaten a cake before.We insisted that you tried it in the fulfillment and there was no way ... because now it has been dreaming of your friend's birthday to eat it.If they tell me a year ago I don't believe it.

@isi I have been reading and following this post.They have shared very interesting advice and tricks.Courage, I am pending to know how your girl goes with the birthday cake, if you could eat something, how much, etc ... I am sure you can enjoy.Blessings.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/28/2021 5:22 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Thanks family for your comments.I tell you that the birthday has gone great, in the end and as rain threatened the mother has not taken the cake ... she will leave it for another day, but she has taken worms, fried potatoes and sweets.My wife has told her to choose only 1 thing and stayed with the worms.It has weighed 1 ration and has put 1.5 insulin because it was in 160, its ratio in the snack is 1 insulin unit per 1 ration of hydrates, it is the highest of the whole day.They have waited a little more than 20 minutes to start eating, since as soon as you puncture the insulin it has gone until 190 ... no idea why ... (the emotion ???) and then have eaten a few peeled pipesAnd some sausage.Upon arriving home at 2 hours it was a bit low, around 70 so it has taken half cookie and a little juice and has reached dinner in 95. We are very happy the truth.

We are more afraid of hyper than hypos but I see that in general it is the other way around ... we prefer to eat something else than click again ...

So try over!We have been the pending cake for another day, I'll tell you ...

Thank you!!

Isi's profile photo
Isi
04/28/2021 9:48 p.m.

isi said:
thanks family for your comments.I tell you that the birthday has gone great, in the end and as rain threatened the mother has not taken the cake ... she will leave it for another day, but she has taken worms, fried potatoes and sweets.My wife has told her to choose only 1 thing and stayed with the worms.It has weighed 1 ration and has put 1.5 insulin because it was in 160, its ratio in the snack is 1 insulin unit per 1 ration of hydrates, it is the highest of the whole day.They have waited a little more than 20 minutes to start eating, since as soon as you puncture the insulin it has gone until 190 ... no idea why ... (the emotion ???) and then have eaten a few peeled pipesAnd some sausage.Upon arriving home at 2 hours it was a bit low, around 70 so it has taken half cookie and a little juice and has reached dinner in 95. We are very happy the truth.

We are more afraid of hyper than hypos but I see that in general it is the other way around ... we prefer to eat something else than click again ...

So try over!We have been the pending cake for another day, I'll tell you ...

Thank you !!

excellent!.You will see that over time and experience you will totally dominate the subject and you will master the DB instead of being the other way around.congratulations.The practice does teacher.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/29/2021 1:37 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

isi said:
(..)

Hypoglycemia is a serious situation, which must be resolved quickly ... hyper, the bad thing is to keep them in the long term.Diabetes treatment would be simple if hypoglycemia did not exist.

Getting used to low levels is not adequate, because you end up without being able to recognize them.

I am glad that the birthday was fine, that 190 mg/dl is not an alarming value, at all.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/29/2021 12:44 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.