{'en': 'Food for hiccups', 'es': 'Alimentos para una hipo'} Image

Food for hiccups

Cdb1's profile photo   05/14/2021 10:50 p.m.

Hello!

What fast absorption foods do you recommend in a hypo but without being peak after 2/3h?

Thank you!

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
05/14/2021 10:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What is best for me is to give a drink of Coca Cola (I do not take the whole glass, I would say about 150ml more or less), it is the most quickly dates back to me

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
05/14/2021 10:51 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

glucose (2 glucosport pills)
Sugar 2 lumps.
Fruit juice (100 cc)
no light soda or tails (100 cc)
1 glass of skim milk (200 cc)

marine's profile photo
marine
05/14/2021 10:55 p.m.

I always have at home glucose envelopes glucose lemon, I buy them in the pharmacy, and if not, because of juice, Coca Cola ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/14/2021 11:20 p.m.

Of course, the mistake we usually make is ...

Uff Bajón, who also usually gives hungry and anxiety for sweet things because I tried to say ... an ice cream a chocolate cane etc ... but of course ..

There they go fast but also slow and also fats that delay absorption ... In the end because you don't even eat even more and then at 2h like Spartans in 300 xDDD

marine's profile photo
marine
05/15/2021 9:58 a.m.

I believe that the mistake of moving from hypoglycemia or possible hypo to hyperglycemia we have all committed it and some like me several times!

In general, I look at the sensor's trend and use my personal calculations.I with a half ration of rapid carbohydrates, glucose type (I have glucose tablets q are fair half ration of carbohydrates and enter very fast), glymia rises in about 30 mg.And with that depending on the point where I say the sensor that I am and the curve took a tablet (half ration) or two.I also have glucose caramels that have only 2 gr of carbohydrates.I take them only for fine adjustments or avoid entering possible low glycemia zone.

And from time to time, if I am on the street and I get a low glycemia drop, I take advantage and take an ice cream, with chocolate.And I am aware that then when I returned at home a small correction will probably have.But hey, that's how things are: Smile:

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/15/2021 11:30 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

A sugar and two cookies .... I have done so for almost 20 years.Well the first years m aTiborba and then hyper safe.
Now when we take sensor sometimes not as anything depends on enough things

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/15/2021 1:25 p.m.

Well, if you don't want to spend money on glucose gels or pills, with which you control you very well, the best solution I know is the traditional glass of water with sugar.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/15/2021 4:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.