Food without hydrates ... Do you have to prick insulin?

elisa74's profile photo   04/25/2021 4:46 p.m.

The question seems absurd, but we are at home so focused on counting the hydrates, adjusting the doses ... that we had not fallen into it, today speaking with my son he asked me ..... And if for example, CenoOnly fish/grilled meat with vegetables and at most a piece of fruit ... Do you need to prick the fast insulin?I have not known how to answer him, I have told him that for the fruit at least 1 you believed that if he was not sure, and then he told me ... and if not as a fruit?, I don't know if it's right not click anything, really, what can you tell me about it?Thank you !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 4:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Elisa74

The answer although with some exception is no, it does not have to get fast insulin.The basal body is in charge of the insulin that needs the body.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/25/2021 5:18 p.m.

And that is why many people advocate a low car car or Keto diet, you barely use fast insulin are usually good glycosylated and many hypoglycemia are avoided.

marine's profile photo
marine
04/25/2021 5:19 p.m.

@Elisa74

Good question.Since it becomes basal and has a sensor, if it only takes protein and a little vegetableYou have to tell them but not all!) Then you don't need quickly.But there are people who affect them, but late.It is what is called fat/protein factor.The glymia goes up too late.But if you have the basal well tight, except that a very large meat fillet is eaten or that it has a lot of fat, it does not need fast.

The best thing is to test one day and see how it reacts.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/25/2021 6:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Great, thank you !!Well, we'll try to see, even just the dinners for example.I have a book called "Food Composition Table" by Jose Mataix Verdú, which is wonderful, I have a lot of years and look at you where I am now giving use and consulting the HC of the food I eat.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 6:39 p.m.

Oh really?And what would be the recommended amount of protein so that it does not rise?I understand that also depending on each one, but for example the turkey, quietly 3 fillets?Or is that a lot?We have tried with carnage sausages, control 2 hours after eating well but from that time the 2 glycemia begins to rise like the foam ...

Isi's profile photo
Isi
04/25/2021 10:14 p.m.

@Isi That climb after 2 hours is because of the fatty of the sausages, I do not usually buy, but look in your butcher shop if they make them turkey or chicken, surely they have less fat and see how they feel it.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/25/2021 11:01 p.m.

@Elisa74, the test is done and is learning., Protein and fat always uploads something, but if it is very just before dinner, it may not need insulin.
My daughter sometimes dinner salads and does not need it, but prefers to wear a little and not stay hungry ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/26/2021 12:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My daughter is three and a half years old and we give her soft dinners to avoid the puncture of the dinner, it is a fight every time you have to put insulin.
It usually dresses chicken, turkey or grilled fish with salad or salad or fruit vegetables.On occasion I opt for lowcarb or ketch recipes (pizza, fajitas, pancakes) so that it does not tire of always eating the same.

Jenni_Mel's profile photo
Jenni_Mel
04/26/2021 9:12 a.m.

@Elisa74 E @isi, you are going to realize that rapid insulin needs vary throughout the day.
In my case, if at eating I take, for example, a miserable grilled breast with lettuce, I will need insulin, at least two units;However, if as that same protein and quantity at night, I will not need to prick.
Since I get up until 17 hours or so, I have to be careful with everything you eat.From 6pm, the "Uy window opens, I have cured ...".
There is no other to observe much and keep in mind that what for a time almost seems like a rule may vary by many factors (basal, sport, stress, disease, etc.).
Much encouragement.:)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
04/26/2021 9:36 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

It depends a lot on each person, you will have to try.My meals are usually vegetables + protein and fat and I always have to put some insulin.I even for breakfast two scrambled eggs without anything else I insulin.There are people who do not need it for such food.Try one day not to put and you control if it goes up.
Fat and protein need some insulin but depends on the amount you eat, as you have your basal, hormones, sport and each person.These things is best to try less to more.Start without insulin and if you see that you go up you are correcting and the next day you put a little insulin and so you find the dose.In my case, these meals are usually between 2-4 units depending on my insulin sensitivity due to hormonal and sport changes.To give you an extreme example, now in the last part of pregnancy that there is a lot of insulin resistance I put 7- 8 units for vegetables + meat + Greek yogurt (which can be 1 ration of HC between yogurt and vegetables).
For this it is best to try and point in a notebook more or less what you have done and how the glucose has come out later and you adjust.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/26/2021 10:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I can eat up to 1.5 rations of hydrates without getting fast.For example, last night I had a salad, a French tortilla and a skimmed yogurt without sugar, and I didn't get fast.It went up very little.In fact, before bedtime, I had to eat a cookie so as not to go too low.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/26/2021 11:55 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Yesterday I had grilled chicken, and vegetables (eggplant, onion and chanpiñones) also grilled ... for dinner I didn't get fast, but at the time it went up and had to correct several times.

Another day I have the same and put 2 units and I'm going to hip ... so when I ceno little hydrate I prefer not to put, and correct later

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
04/26/2021 9:04 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Yes, it will be a matter of trying from less to more as Yesssica says, thank you very much !!!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
04/27/2021 12:11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.